Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Aww, congrats, HighHopes! Stay confident, this will be your rainbow! What a great way to start 2014.

It has been the best new year ever! 2013 was a very tough year and taught me a lot. Just POAS again and the line is very strong...FC for twins!!! I did have two embryos put in so there is a good chance!

The tiredness has been killing me for about a week already!

I'm sure 2014 is going to be a great year for all of us ladies...who's testing next? ;)

Got an early scan booked for jan 17th - I will be 6 weeks by then. After that we get discharged from the ivf unit and go back to the nhs gp system.

Mrs duck/itsawonder are you going to any baby shows? There's one in london in feb. I went to it last year when I was pregnant, so much fun!!!

Fingers crossed for twins highhopes, not long to wait to find out :)

No not planning on going to any shows but the London one sounds good. I don't think my willpower is good enough not to buy everything though haha

I hope the next couple of weeks go quickly for you HH. :hugs:

I made my appointment to have my implanon removed! February 4th. Eeeeeeeeeeeee!

Whoo hoo you'll be poas before you know it melly :)

Is someone throwing a baby shower for you MrsDuck?

Hurrumph. Maybe plant the seed with your mother/MIL? I think 'technically' they're not supposed to host, but if you asked them if anyone had approached them about wanting to host (like a sister or aunt or someone) and they realised no-one had, maybe they would approach someone? I've thrown a bunch of baby showers for people (helps me indulge in my cluckiness!) so I plan on being proactive if nothing happens if/when it's my turn!

Wow - I have been away too long!

Highhopes - CONGRATS!!!! What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year!

In answer to your question, the fear of another m/c is just there. It has gotten much easier as the pregnancy progresses. However, I also have an amazing doctor. In the beginning I had scans at 4, 6, 9 and 12 weeks. Since then he has just listened with a Doppler which is reassuring enough. As my belly grows and my tests come out clean I feel better. Usually I am confident for a week or two after my appointments - then I am nervous for about a week until I see my doctor again. Just make sure whoever you see is available if you need to talk or get too nervous. If he/she isn't, see someone else.

I am not going to any baby shows. Since I live 5 hours from the nearest city I don't feel the need. The town I live in has a great community so many baby items will be passed down to me. To start I am just getting the essentials and doing product research online.

Melly - almost there!!!! Can't wait to see how things go for you!

Mrs. Duck - 2 days 'til V-Day!!!

My latest fear is that it could be ectopic - I had a few twinges on one side and that set me off! Im having crazy mood swings and the fatigue is awful...but I've vowed to enjoy every step of this since I've wanted it for so long!

How are the rest of you? Melly when do you TTC?

I am sure it will all be ok highhopes. Fxd that this is your sticky bean and maybe even two sticky beans. How exciting!

My first AF since my mc started yesterday. It was only just after 4 weeks after my mc. I am relieved that my body gets back to normal quickly. So i am officially today cd2 and ttc.

Also in the post today came my appt with the FS (17th Feb). They have requested i do two more cd21 bloods which i have had done and proven i O. And the fact ive got pg twice proves i O but maybe they want to check my progesterone levels again. They also want me to do cd2/3 bloods to check LH/FSH levels which should give a better indicator of my fertility. They want to check my immunity to rubella and they will send me for an ultrasound. Never got this much to do before only had to do cd21 bloods before they told us to come back in a year. I'm hoping this means they might help us this time. It will be 3 years in April. I know now i can get pg (even if it does take us a bit of time). As i now know the first bfp wasn't a fluke i just need it to stick. But I'm not sure if they are going to investigate possible reasons for mc or not yet. Have to wait and see, but at least i feel I'm making progress towards my rainbow rather in limbo which i felt last year. I just don't want to have to go through another mc before they investigate. Maybe there is something wrong or maybe its just bad luck. Either way if it can be prevented why should i have to go through it again!

I hope 2014 is a good year for all of us where we either all are mummies with healthy babies or having good and easy pregnancies.

Good luck with the appointment and the tests flou, I'm glad that they are taking it seriously and making sure to investigate. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->