Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Thanks melly, no clue!

Flou I'm so glad they are taking the steps that they are to help with a sticky bean. Also great for cycle being here. Hopefully AF is not being too harsh on you.

I will be going to talk to my doctor on the 20th to explore options since january will be a year of ttc. Hopefully 2014 is our year for all like you said flou!

Good luck with the tests flou, im glad you are getting somewhere with it all. Ive been theough the full range of tests and it took us about 7-8 months from that to IVF as we found that DH had motility issues so no point trying anything else. Is your OH being tested too?

"V-Day" - Viability Day. at 24 weeks the nervous system is formed and the fetus goes from about a 35% viability rate to about 75%. I have actually met one little girl who was born at 24 weeks who survived and was 2 years old at the time. It's not an easy road but it's the first big step to all being truly okay.

Ladies it sounds like you are all much more positive and it's great that you are all getting much more care from your drs etc. 2014 is going to be the lucky year that we all get our rainbows :)

Yay v-day tomorrow whoo hoo :)

Itsawonder are you feeling lots of movements now?

Good luck with the tests flou, im glad you are getting somewhere with it all. Ive been theough the full range of tests and it took us about 7-8 months from that to IVF as we found that DH had motility issues so no point trying anything else. Is your OH being tested too?

When we went for an appt nearly a year ago (where they told me to come back a year after i mc even though we had been trying for 19 months before my first bfp!) DH had already had an SA done and everything was fine then. Also as we have managed to conceive twice on our own so presuming everything is fine his end. Maybe they might run more tests if mine don't show anything. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with us getting pg but maybe it sticking. If there is anything wrong. I know my GP has suggested to the FS that it may be worth them considering i have endo. I'm not completely sure i do but my AF is always painful with back and tummy pain. I also get brown spotting before AF and have troubles with constipation and its in my family. So its a possibility which could explain why it takes us a longer than average to conceive and it gives you increase risk of mc. I just don't want them to tell me to wait another year. I did jokingly say to my GP that him referring me to the FS seems to get me pg!

Ladies it sounds like you are all much more positive and it's great that you are all getting much more care from your drs etc. 2014 is going to be the lucky year that we all get our rainbows :)

Yay v-day tomorrow whoo hoo :)

Yay Mrs duck! That's great news. Your little girl will be here before you know it.

Flou just a thought, have you had your thyroid checked? Until I had thyroid cancer I didn't realise how critical your thyroid levels are and they only have to be out by a very small margin and your risk of mc is huge, but because it isn't to do with fertility as such, testing it seems to be neglected until all other tests have been done xx

Thanks for that Mrs Duck. I think i have had my thyroid checked in the past but i will definitely suggest it. I just want them to make sure they can check everything they can.

Happy v day Mrsduck!

Do you have any appts coming up?

Thanks buttrfly, I've got a mw appointment on Wednesday, but nothing exciting like a scan ;)

Thanks mrs duck...I had to get a ticker! I'm finding it hard to be excited since I've had a mc before but I wanted to try to be positive and hopeful.

Congrats on making it to v day! X

Highhopes - I understand your nerves but I believe everything will be okay for you this time. How are you feeling other than that?

Thanks itsawonder. I'm feeling crazily tired - fall asleep by 9 and it's really hard getting going in the mornings! Had a fair few twinges. Mood swings galore! Get crabby at really small things like a text from my dad asking how I was annoyed me!!! Seriously hungry too. Oh and peeing more! What synptoms did u have early on?

Omg itsawonder are you 19 weeks already?! That went by so fast! X

Highhopes I could have written your symptoms, that was me too

When did your fatigue go? It's so difficult coping with that! But on the other hand, I'm enjoying every symptom after hoping and praying for this for so long!

The sickness and the fatigue just seemed to disappear overnight around 12 weeks, I'm just starting to get it back now though, but that could be down to being uncomfortable to sleep properly at night. Are you getting any sickness yet? Sickness started at about 6 weeks for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->