Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Thanks guys, I will probably have lots of questions. Just over two weeks now!

Good luck flou! melly have u TTC yet?

Itsawonder and mrs duck how are the bumps? I've been discharged from the I f clinic but couldn't get a GP appointment till jan 29th :( feels like its ages away!

I should be getting in TWW also flou..depending upon my cycle since it was so long last time. Doc appt tomorrow though. Good luck!

Highhopes time will go by so quick for jan 29!
Melly yay for joining us soon :)

Itsawonder and mrsduck hope you ar feeling well.

Cntrygrl and callmeal thinking of you guys...good luck! I hope you are out of limbo callmeal

Good luck tomorrow with your doc appt buttrfly.

Highhopes the 29th will soon be here :)

I hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow buttrfly :)

I'm good, thanks for asking ladies, I can't believe this time next week I'll be in the 3rd trimester. My bump has got noticeable bigger in the past 10 days :)

HH, no this will be my first time trying. And the 29th will be here really soon. But I'm sure you'll be counting down the days! Have you told people about it being twins yet?

MrsDuck! Third trimester! That's incredible. Congratulations.

Buttrfly, hope the appointment goes well!

Good Morning Ladies. Went in this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound we have a surprise 6th egg. If we get anymore my cycle will have to be cancelled. Tonight I am only doing the Bravelle and Lupron. No Menopur hopefully that will keep anymore from popping up. The largest follicle is currently 17mm. I have another appointment tomorrow morning to make sure there aren't anymore surprises.

Good luck cntrygrl with your appointment tomorrow. At least the drugs seem to be doing their job if not a bit too well! I hope they don't cancel your cycle.

I don't really know how it works, why would they cancel the cycle? Fingers crossed they don't!

Melly --We are doing injectables with IUI there is too high of a chance of high order multilples. We have 6 eggs that are currently over 15mm and the other two are 13.33 and 12.98 making a total of 8 eggs. I'm going to ask tomorrow if they just cancel the IUI and we can still try naturally or if the entire thing is cancelled.

Ah okay. Is the IUI because there is a sperm issue? Or an egg issue? Because if you have lots of eggs, presumably that solves at least half the equation!

Nope there isn't an issue on either part. We tried prior 3 rounds of clomid with IUI and nothing. So we thought we'd continue with IUI since insurance does cover it. I triggered this morning at the doctors office and IUI is set for tomorrow morning. We have quite the chance of multiples and I'm tempted to call and cancel the IUI and try naturally reducing our chances of multiples some. What do you ladies think?

Hey ladies. Quick moment to catch up.

Melly - can't believe you only have a few more weeks to go!!!

Cntrygirl - that's a tough call. I guess I would look at the ratio difference of multiples between trying naturally vs. IUI. I know an IUI will getting the sperm there more directly but either way sperm should get there, right? How many would you want to carry at one time and how likely is it that you would reach that number? I had a friend with 13 viable eggs at once who, with an IUI, only fertilized one. The question is how viable is each individual egg - and that is not a question that can be answered.

Good luck!!!

HH - the time will go by faster than you realize. Stay strong and feel well.

Buttrfly and Flou - wishing you both luck in the TWW.
Buttrfly - hope the doc appointment is going well.

Mrs. Duck - Almost 3rd trimester. Can't believe it. Your little one will be squirming in your arms soon! How do you feel?

AFM - things are going well. Love second trimester. Belly is getting bigger every day and baby is getting more active every day. My husband and I are thinking about trying to quickly sell our house and buy something bigger but need to do so in the next few months or wait for one year. Poor guy is putting half our house in storage to get it ready to show with very little assistance from me. That plus running his very busy business, taking care of me and our cat. I don't know how he is doing it but I so wish I could help more. Either way, we needed to move stuff to make room for baby so it's not in vain but, I still feel terrible about it.

Itsawonder-- Thank you. We've had 3 good follicles on clomid and did IUI and didn't get pregnant so I'm kind of looking at that also. I have 6 on the left 1/18, 1/20, 2/15, 2/14 on the right there are 6 as well 1/18, 2/16, 2/11, and 1/9.

Hey ladies. Quick moment to catch up.

Melly - can't believe you only have a few more weeks to go!!!

Cntrygirl - that's a tough call. I guess I would look at the ratio difference of multiples between trying naturally vs. IUI. I know an IUI will getting the sperm there more directly but either way sperm should get there, right? How many would you want to carry at one time and how likely is it that you would reach that number? I had a friend with 13 viable eggs at once who, with an IUI, only fertilized one. The question is how viable is each individual egg - and that is not a question that can be answered.

Good luck!!!

HH - the time will go by faster than you realize. Stay strong and feel well.

Buttrfly and Flou - wishing you both luck in the TWW.
Buttrfly - hope the doc appointment is going well.

Mrs. Duck - Almost 3rd trimester. Can't believe it. Your little one will be squirming in your arms soon! How do you feel?

AFM - things are going well. Love second trimester. Belly is getting bigger every day and baby is getting more active every day. My husband and I are thinking about trying to quickly sell our house and buy something bigger but need to do so in the next few months or wait for one year. Poor guy is putting half our house in storage to get it ready to show with very little assistance from me. That plus running his very busy business, taking care of me and our cat. I don't know how he is doing it but I so wish I could help more. Either way, we needed to move stuff to make room for baby so it's not in vain but, I still feel terrible about it.

I can relate to that, we put half our house into storage too and sold our house and bought a bigger one just before Christmas, it was tough going but if you don't do it now you will have even more stuff to pack up and getting a mortgage is much harder with a baby :)

Glad baby is much more active, it's a lovely feeling isn't it, my little girlie hardly ever sits still. I loved the second tri too, sickness gone and lots of energy, tiredness is just starting to creep back for me now :/

Cntrygrl it's a tough call, good luck with your decision :)

Yeah that's really tough CG. I guess I would go for the IUI, and not miss the chance? But I'd be vacillating plenty.

Everything went well. They aren't as worried about high order multiples anymore as DH's count was quite below normal after washing for whatever reason. It's the first time his count has ever been low.

Oh, interesting. And possibly worrying I guess? Has he been sick or any other reason for a temporarily low count?

When will you test?! GOOD LUCK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->