Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

He's been stressed at work, but I think it has to do with him having to produce the sample there as well. We live too far away to do it at home. I have an appointment for Feb. 5th for pregnancy test. I'll probably be a POAS addict this month.

Yeah I bet stress wouldn't help.

That's the day after I get my implanon out! Eeeeek come on February!!!

Good luck cntry i really hope this is it for you.

Melly good luck with having your implanon out.

I am going to cry like a baby, I hate needles and scalpels and almost everything medical. But I'm so excited about it meaning that I get to try that I'm not even dreading it (much!) this time. :haha: This is my fourth one and I've bawled every time.

Hi ladies..going to pop by and do a quick reply as I am not feeling too hot tonight sinus wise.
Appt went well. She tested progesterone which came back ok. CD 3 she will test FSH and estradiol levels, she is asking for a sperm analysis , and finally an hsg. Guess we will see how all goes. Any advice on any of the above? I'm new to this. Other than that we will keep going and hope we won't need to do everything.

Good luck cntrygrl!! And melly too! Feb 5 is a good day...and my dad's bday so me won't forget :)
How are you doing in TWW flu?
Hope the bumps are doing well! One more week highhopes!

Buttrfly-- The HSG can be uncomortable, but I've had two so far. They'll be able to tell if there's any uterine abnormalities or if your tubes are blocked.

Melly-- HSG is an hysterosalpingogram, a dye is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. <-- The medical explanation They may also use an internal ultrasound at the same time.

One piece of advice with the HSG. If it does show that one or more tubes are blocked they may want to do a secondary test. Sometimes the injection of the dye just makes the tubes close so they look blocked. In other words, if you see this, don't panic as it may not be the case.

Good luck!

I didn't mind any of my testing because it either gave me answers or told me all was okay. Either way, it lead me down the path to knowledge.

Good luck with all the tests buttrfly. The hsg can be uncomfortable. I found it a bit embarrassing too coz I felt SO exposed down below but after now having ivf I'm over it lol the number of times I've dropped my pants and been scanned internally...got used to it!

Melly hope all went well with implantation removal. Nearly time to TTC eeeeek!!!

Cntrygrl what sort of treatment r u having? Is it ivf-like?

Hope the rest of you lovely ladies r well xx

Mrs duck/it'sawonder what did you first notice when u started to show? How could u tell? My abdomen feels diff bit I have so put on a few lbs but it feels firmer under the flab!

We did injectables with IUI. So the fertility meds are all the same, but they put the sperm up into the uterus. So less invasive than the IVF.

HH, I would expect you'd firm up/show earlier than the people pregnant with one baby!

I had my first lot of bloods done today and they managed to do it without any trouble and without bruising. So i have now had my first progesterone and test for rubella antibodies. AF should show a week today and then on cd2/3 i can have my FSH one done. I hope i get the same lady again, its not often i get someone who can take my blood with no trouble! Or even better AF doesn't show!
I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend!

Good luck with all the tests buttrfly. The hsg can be uncomfortable. I found it a bit embarrassing too coz I felt SO exposed down below but after now having ivf I'm over it lol the number of times I've dropped my pants and been scanned internally...got used to it!

Melly hope all went well with implantation removal. Nearly time to TTC eeeeek!!!

Cntrygrl what sort of treatment r u having? Is it ivf-like?

Hope the rest of you lovely ladies r well xx

Mrs duck/it'sawonder what did you first notice when u started to show? How could u tell? My abdomen feels diff bit I have so put on a few lbs but it feels firmer under the flab!

I get really bloated when I get pregnant - noticeably so from about 7DPO. For me, I could officially say I had a little bump when the bloating went away - around 10-12 weeks. Melly is right though. With 2 you will probably notice it earlier.

flou, yes that lady is gold!! I hope you get her again. And more importantly that you get good results from the tests. :hugs:

Thank you for explaining what an hsg is cntrygrl! Hope you are doing well with your injectables. Thanks for the advice ladies. Many who I have spoken with say that after hsg they got pregnant. I will keep the opposite also in mind with blockage itsawonder. Highhopes I used to have injections below the belt for pain so I am not as embarrassed with this stuff. We will see what happens. Maybe AF won't come and I won't have to worry!
I hope AF does not come for you either flou!
Hope everyone else is doing well in TWW and with bumps! How are you callmeal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->