Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

I'm confused. I've been having cramps and bloating like I am getting my period and when I wiped past couple of days maybe 3 times I saw kind of like pink/reddish tinge on toilet paper. I thought it was because I was kinda constipated ( tmi sorry) but I don't really think so. Any insight would be fabulous. I'm only 9dpo!
Thanks I'm advance. I will catch up soon.

Yep, cramps and bloating here too for the last couple of days, no blood though. Hoping it's implantation I guess!?

Implantation :) I had the exact same thing, in fact I had quite a bit of blood and wondered what the heck was going on as it was way to early to be af. It stopped after a couple of days and a week later I got my bfp :)

I've got everything crossed for you ladies

Ooooohhhh mrsduck I so hope you are right! I'm worried that my LP is short because I haven't tracked until now. We will see. The blood isn't brown though...was yours? I read it should be brownish. I know google isn't a professional or anything :) and you got cramps that felt like AF was here?
Speaking of pregnancy brain...I locked myself out of my house last night! It was terrible! And cold! I cried like a baby haha. I thought darn AF this better not be your usual craziness! I get AF brain too ;)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Buttrfly I hope it was IB. IB is normally brown but has been known to be pink or red fxd!

Melly hows your first tww going?

AFM I had the hugest glob of stretchy ewcm on about 7dpo. This isn't necessarily a pregnancy sign but some ladies have had this post ovulation before a bfp. I've never had it. I normally just get watery cm which I've also had. I'm also had bloating and constipation and my bbs are sore. All these symptoms could easily be PMS so will have to wait and see.

Hows everyone else doing?

Ooooohhhh mrsduck I so hope you are right! I'm worried that my LP is short because I haven't tracked until now. We will see. The blood isn't brown though...was yours? I read it should be brownish. I know google isn't a professional or anything :) and you got cramps that felt like AF was here?
Speaking of pregnancy brain...I locked myself out of my house last night! It was terrible! And cold! I cried like a baby haha. I thought darn AF this better not be your usual craziness! I get AF brain too ;)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Mine was bright red, like a very light period. My biggest sign was that I was so cranky, everyone annoyed me and I was in such a bad mood that I couldn't shake off.

Aw you poor thing being locked out. I've got everything crossed for you :)

Flou I've got everything crossed for you too, I can't wait to see those beautiful lines ;)

Wow mrsduck I never knew! Good to know even for the future. Were you having cramps?

Fingers crossed for flou and melly too!! Thanks for the help ladies

I don't really get much of a period cramp so I can't remember if I had cramps before my bfp or not

Well I think AF has started... Light but there ugh :( 10 days after ovulation too. Have you guys had the experience that you are told to count day 1 when there is full flow or spotting? My doc told me to count day one as spotting :shrug:

Buttrfly i am sorry AF showed. :hugs: But if your still just spotting i wouldn't count that as AF. My first day of AF is lighter than the second day sometimes. But even when it is lighter flow it is definitely more than spotting. I wouldn't count spotting as day 1. I only started spotting before AF when ttc. When i spoke to the doc about it he said that as my spotting was brown, indicating old blood, that it was nothing to worry about or prevent me from getting pg. If this is AF I would go back to the doc and tell them that you have tracked O and are concerned about the length of your lp. They may be able to give you something to lengthen it. Vitamin b6 is supposed to lengthen your lp.

Highhopes glad everything is well! Loving your 11 wk scan photos. Amazing to see two :) glad everything at work went well. Are you showing where people have started to guess?

Mrsduck I can't believe how time has flown! 3 weeks until your last ultrasound!

Melly that us funny about the pineapple comment! How are you doing in your TWW?

Itsawonder hope you are feeling well.

Flou how is your TWW? Hoping for you and melly! My so called spotting is red so maybe it is more like light AF. What happens is it starts very light, stops for a few hours, starts light again on day 2 and usually day 3 it becomes terrible and starts getting heavy. I guess if I am tracking ovulation I should be ok either way. Other than low progesterone ( which was checked and they say is ok) do you know what could be bad about short LP?

DH is going for semen analysis Wednesday. When I call her for results I will speak about LP and spotting. I bought wondfos yesterday because i found a 50 pack with 20 pg tests. I just hope I don't go crazy over pg tests at some point!
Hope everyone has a good week!

Buttrfly - I just caught up on the last few days and was really hoping you were having IB. Sorry if it's AF.

Re: IB - I have known more women to have pink blood than brown. Really, it's just how quickly it moves from your uterus to your vaginal opening. Pink blood is fresh and brown is old.

Re: AF - count from the first day of a flow, not from spotting. Usually it's the first day you need to use a pad or tampon but some women are still very light on their first day. I always spotted around 3:00 the day before AF started, had a light to med day - day 1, a heavy day - day 2, then gradually got lighter from there.

A short LP may very well indicate low progesterone. The issue with a short LP is that it does not give a fertilized egg enough time to properly attach. You also need progesterone to keep the egg, embryo etc. strong as it forms in the first trimester. Low progesterone can lead to miscarriage. If you have a short LP for 2-3 months your doc/midwife may want to get you on a supplement.

Flou and Melly - fingers are still crossed for you both!! Keep letting us know how you feel.

HH - love the pics! How do you feel?

Mrs. Duck - getting close... How are you feeling? How is your preparation going?

AFM - contractions have slowed way down to a normal pace. Not sure what was going on but glad it's over. DH and I went to our birthing class this weekend. Our only option (live in small town) was the Bradley Method, which I really enjoyed. I also have a CD for hypnobirthing which we will start listening to. I am going to try to go naturally if I can but will not let myself get disappointed if I do need medicinal or surgical intervention.

Buttrfly, FertilityFriend definitely said spotting doesn't count as CD1. I would definitely mention your short LP to the doctor when you speak to her though. One month isn't a pattern though! Maybe this is just a freak short month.

IAW, My work colleague whose wife is pregnant is doing the Bradley Method as well, and he seems to like it! What's it about?

12DPO here and no symptoms. I haven't had any blood since my period finished so definitely no implantation bleeding (doesn't mean no implantation though I guess!). I thought maybe my boobs were a bit tender when I poked them last night but nothing this morning. If I have a 28-day cycle then my period is due in three days! We'll see what happens. I'm prepared either way, I think. :lol:

flou, glad you're still in it with me!

Butterfly Im So sorry af showed :( I hope all goes well with hubby's SA

Melly and flou I can't wait or you to test :)

Itsawonder I'm glad the contractions have slowed, that must have been scary. I don't know what the Bradley method is but I enjoyed my classes too. I think you are right though, you need to go in with a birth plan but need to stay open to changes as things develop

I'm all good and looking forward to starting mat leave, I've got my last scan in 2 weeks :)

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the response itsawonder! Good info. I have to be honest that at a certain point in day one ( before it plays tricks and goes away for a bit) I would need some kind of liner so I don't think it's spotting.. Just seems to be light. Maybe I need more of a definition for spotting as silly as that sounds. I will speak with my doctor about the short LP as it seems this could be is issue. They did check progesterone though so not sure about that.
Glad you are feeling better. You are more brave than I looking at a no medication approach:) hope it works out for you

Melly no symptoms could be good. When will you test?

Yay mrsduck the time is going so fast!

Melly - I didn't have implantation spotting with any of my BFPs. Always wanted it so I would know faster but in reality, you don't know until you know.

The Bradley Method focuses on deep slow breathing and relaxation. It has in depth education on all stages of labor so you better understand why you have possible periods where you don't progress and why you lose your mind at times.

For instance: Between the late first stage of labor and the second stage (when you begin to push) there is a point of transition which can last 30 min to 2 hours. During this time you are dilating to the final 10 cm. It's when you begin to shake, get nauseated, are in the most pain etc. but it has an end. This is when most women beg for meds. I now understand this and can try to meditate through it b/c I know it's supposed to happen and it's okay to break down if needed. My DH now knows how he can help me get through it and how to deal with doctors during this time.

We also talked about nutrition during pregnancy and for breast feeding, we talked about breast feeding - how to do it, what complications can arise, how to avoid complications, what decisions need to be made while at the hospital for me and for baby, what to pack, what positions are good for labor and delivery, exercises we can do to prepare etc. Very informative.

It's definitely not for everyone but I really liked it. I could do w/out the soapbox narrative on not vaccinating (I will vaccinate) and not circumcising (if a boy we will circumcise) but I know it has an alternative lean to the program so I was ready for that.

I want to learn more about meditation even though I have studied it before so I will also learn some hypnobirthing techniques to assist with the labor process.

Highhopes I'm glad the scan went well and the pics are lovely.

Mrs Duck glad everything is going well. It won't be long now!

Itsawonder I'm glad the bh have stopped and the Bradley method looks interesting.

A friend of mine whose had 2 kids says to try and stay on your feet as long as poss. Gravity helps with making labour easier apparently.

Buttrfly i would mention about the length of your lp. Even if your progesterone level is good sometimes the lining to the uterus doesn't respond as well to progesterone. But the good thing is you can be given extra progesterone, or shots of hcg or clomid to help.

Melly sometimes having no symptoms is a good thing. The lack of symptoms can be a sign. Fxd for you!

AFM my bbs are sore. I've got back ache, mainly in the middle and upper. I think this is because I'm a bit constipated and bloated. I keep getting cramps but I'm not sure whether it is due to AF or possible bfp or just wind! My symptoms could be just down to PMS so trying not to dwell on them. At least i should know in a few days.

Thanks for explaining itsawonder, we were taught very similar in our classes but no name was given for the technique. I agree flou, I intend to stay as mobile as possible or as long as possible, they also said climbing stairs, crawling on all fours and widening your legs as much as poss to help baby's descent and to let gravity help.

This is my last week at work whoo hoo, I made a mistake when I calculated the date and 34 weeks should be the following week but hey ho an extra week off work ;)

I'm glad I'm getting on final scan as I still have a niggle about is it really a girl haha I guess I'll know for sure in 2 weeks time

I have a good bfp feeling, I'm looking forward to you both testing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->