Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Oh no sorry the witch got you buttrfly, yay for clomid, bring on the multiples ;)

Melly good luck with the baby dancing

Flou I've got everything crossed for you

No sign of any developments with me, just waiting for something to start

Buttrfly - sorry the witch came but I really hope Clomid is just the boost you need.

Melly and Flou - good luck and keep us posted with all of those symptoms!

Mrs. Duck - arg - waiting. She will be here soon. I hope for you and her it's on the sooner end of things!

flou - fingers crossed they are indeed signs. :) When will you test??

Buttrfly, argh, sorry about CD1. But hooray for clomid, hopefully that sorts things out right quickly!

Sorry AF arrived buttrfly. But good luck on clomid i hope it helps you get your rainbow.

I'm not using vit b at the mo as it delayed AF by so much for me but i thought i might take it if i get a bfp. I probably won't test until early next week.

Been house hunting today. My parents have said that we can stay with them as long as we need. Which takes the pressure off moving. We have the luxury of really looking around for a place that we want.

Strep B positive :(

Doc said it's a low count but I will be on IV antibiotics during labor. Since I am allergic to most antibiotics I have tried they are fairly concerned about how I will react but fingers crossed all will be okay.

Ohhhh bummer :( How does that happen? Is it an infection you currently have but didn't know about?

Wonder i hope you are ok. I have my fxd for you!

Thanks ladies -

Melly - we all carry various bacterias in our bodies, some in our digestive tract, some on our skin, some in our vaginas, etc. Strep B is found in about 20% of the population but unless you are tested you will never know you have it. It does not lead to infections or anything else in adults.

Although it's not harmful in adults is can lead to death and/or illness in newborns. My doc has overseen over 10,000 deliveries and he has only ever seen one baby contract Strep B but that baby did die. Even if I didn't take antibiotics there would only be a 1 in 200 chance the baby would get Strep B. Even though the odds are in my favor I am scared to death. I just didn't think I would have it.

Since the bacteria can come and go I will see if he can test me again around 38 weeks. Either way I will have the IV but it would be nice to know if it's active when I deliver.

My other concern is that the last time I had antibiotics I contracted C-Diff and almost died. Typically I either get hives or have major digestive issues. I just don't want to spend my first days with my baby too sick to take care of her/him.

In reality, if this is the only bump in the road it's not a major one. There are many worse things that could happen than this diagnosis but I need to keep telling myself this to begin to believe it.

That's rough that antibiotics knock you around so much. Hopefully there's an alternative one that's milder? Is there anything you can do in the next few weeks to boost your immune system and help your chances of the strep B not being active?

I'll start taking probiotics and increasing vitamin C. There are all sorts of homeopathic remedies like sleeping with a clove of garlic up your snatch but that may be too much for me. I may eat more garlic instead. Either way my doc will want to use antibiotics.

AF arrived late Saturday so on to the next cycle. I hope i don't have to wait too much longer for my little one its three years this month since we started. I thought i would be thinking of baby number 2 by this point. I know he or she will be worth it in the end!

Itsawonder, I hope the garlic does the trick, whichever way you decide to take it ;)

Oh no flou I'm sorry, I hope it happens for you really soon, anniversaries are always tough :(

Big hugs flou. I really hope it happens for you soon. :hugs:

2DPO here. The dreaded TWW!

I hope the tww goes quickly for you Melly with a bfp at the end!

Whoo hoo for hopefully your last tww melly :)

It's scary to think I should have given birth by the time you test eeeek!

I know your pain flou, I was married 3.5 years by the time I conceived the twins. It's a long tough journey. Chin up hon...it'll happen xx

Hope the rest of you ladies are ok. FC for those TTC xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->