• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Aw gorgeous pic melly and I can't believe it twins yay I'm so pleased for you xx

Yay for 6 weeks flou :)

Aaawwww melly I'm so pleased for u! Another twin mummy in the group yay! Xxx

You'll have to let me know if you've acquired any wisdom/advice, hh!!

Hi ladies hows everyone feeling? I've reached 6+4 today which is when I lost my second angel. The freaky thing is it is also my would have been due date. So feeling a few mixed emotions today.

can't be an easy day for you. I felt rubbish when I got to my due date with my first baby. But silver lining...you are pregnant again! And although this baby can't erase the pain/memory of the previous one, it is something to look forward to. Have u had a scan yet?

Melly how are u feeling about having twins?

I've got a date for induction of labour...19th August woohoo! ��

The 19th August is not that long away highhopes, I bet you are excited! I've got my scan on Friday. I will be 7+2 at that point. Nervous and apprehensive about it but also excited too.

Flou completely understand your apprehension. I know I will feel the same. I'm really hoping for you. The scan will be here before you know it! Will you ask if you should take the aspirin then? I know you mentioned because of how you were feeling you didn't want to just yet.

Highhopes yay for induction date! You are almost there!!

I have my next ultrasound and bloodwork on Friday also. If all looks good IUI will be Saturday and Sunday.

flou, the scan will be here before you know it, and fingers crossed bubba is wriggling away inside!!

hh - I have swung from excitement to terror now. :lol: What have we gotten ourselves into?!

Lol I was excited too until the reality hit me. Everyone around me has been mega excited about twins but I've just been trying to get through the pregnancy! Enjoy the first and second trimesters while u can, the third trimester is really tough! I went go the shops today and by 10 min I had to sit down!

Buttrfly got everything crossed for your next IUI.

Flou not long till the scan. FC for u too xxx

Argh, well the first trimester has been pretty rough, to be honest, so I'm hanging all my hope on a good second trimester so that we can get everything done that needs to be done!!

Aw flou you are bound to have mixed emotions :hugs: but yay for passing that milestone and yay for your scan, I can't wait for pics, maybe more twins?? ;)

Highhopes yay for 19th, not long now and you'll be holding your babies :)

Melly I hope the sickness goes soon and I agree the second tri is the best by far

Buttrfly I've got everything crossed for you for next weekend

Melly try to get everything u need for the twins in ure second trimester. You will have the energy for it at that time. There's no knowing how u will feel in the third trimester when carrying twins - I've found it gets tougher by the day and I certainly couldn't go round shops testing out buggies etc in my third tri.

Yeah thats what i was thinking!! So much to do. We will have to buy a second car, for instance - we were going to have to do that anyway, but now the window we have to do it is rapidly narrowing!!

Had my scan today and all is good! I think I'm 7+2 and I measured 7 weeks exactly so I am happy with that and we saw a heartbeat! Unfortunately I've been suffering with insomnia the last two nights. Think i was worrying about the scan. I've only on average had 3 hours sleep each night. I got quite emotional when i saw the heartbeat, tiredness and hormones got the better of me.

This is amazing to see first thing when I wake up! So happy for you flou, congrats!! Do you have a picture? What are the next steps ( aspirin, next scan )?
I would feel emotional too regardless of lack of sleep and hormones! Hope you are able to sleep better tonight

They took my blood pressure and it was a little high but they reckon this is probably due to the lack of sleep. They want to check my blood pressure again before i start any aspirin. I've got an appointment with my GP on Tuesday. As long as everything is still going well he will then pass me over to the midwife. And then my next scan will be my dating scan at somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks. The ob at the epu said that everything looks good but I can phone them if I'm at all worried about anything.

I have got pictures and I will try and post soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->