• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

HH - I can't imagine how hectic life is with twins! Luckily you live in a place where they do have groups you can go to. I can't believe they are already 12 weeks! They really do start to become their own people at that point, don't they?

The weather here has turned as well. we got about 3 inches of fresh snow last night and this morning and it's still dumping. We are still walking every day with Rivkah though. We put her either in fleece or down bunting and we have a warm insulated cover that goes over the car seat if she is in her stroller. They work really well if you are looking for options.

Highhopes I'm glad your twins are doing well. I'm getting nervous about managing one. They must keep you busy but I bet they are worth it.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been able to sleep better recently. Which I'm glad about but I keep getting trapped gas in my stomach which on occasion leads me to be sick. I had a dream last night that I had had my lil man and I was cuddling him. It was such a lovely dream and I woke up to him kicking me. I really can't wait to hold him. I hope everyone else is ok.

flou - I loved those dreams when I was pregnant but it was so hard to wake up and still be pregnant. You will be holding your bundle before you know it! I hope you are still sleeping well and that you are no longer getting sick.

To the U.S. ladies - have a happy Thanksgiving! I hate what this holiday stands for but I love to eat turkey and stuffing (and cranberry sauce and pie and gravy and veggies and sweet potatoes.....). I plan to gain 15lbs in one day. I miss living in a city where I can help feed the homeless but I hope they have a warm bed and full belly on this holiday as well. We are going to take Rivkah out in her chariot for a nordic ski in the morning then cook all day. My DH's restaurant is only closed 2 days each year - Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are the only 2 days that he does not work either at the restaurant or at the house, on the road etc. I cherish this time.

Have a lovely thanksgiving itsawonder and to everyone else who is celebrating.

I'm still managing to get decent amount of sleep even when my lil man is kicking me hard and waking me up. And the vomiting seems to have stopped so fx it stays away! I can't believe I will get to v day by the end of the week. Hows everyone else doing?

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around but I've been checking in.
Wanted to say happy thanksgiving for all who celebrate! Glad to hear things are going well for all. Things are going well here also :)
Congrats flou on team blue!
Itsawonder I understand about the tough work hours for DH. My DH is actually working tonight so we are having thanksgiving brunch. I look forward to the season being over just for his hours to calm down.
Hope everyone is doing well!

Buttrfly glad you are doing well and 14 weeks! That seems to have gone quick. I hope you and your DH managed to have a nice thanksgiving meal.

Been busy Christmas shopping this weekend and thinking about buying stuff for our baby. But I'm finding it quite scary to actually buy stuff. Mum said we can have things delivered to hers so we don't have to have stuff in the house until we are ready.

I hope everyone else is well.

That's a thoughtful offer from your mum, flou.

Now that Thanksgiving and the third and final baby shower are over, we can finally start thinking about Christmas! Oof. I don't want to think about it actually. :lol:

I'm glad everyone is doing well, Ruby has had a sickness bug and it's thrown a real spanner in the sleeping works :( she was being so sick that she just wanted to be cuddled all of the time, but now she isn't being sick she still wants to be cuddled and go to sleep in my arms.....something she hasn't done for months :( my own fault I suppose but when they are sick it's hard not to give them the cuddles they want :( anyhow, not long until Christmas and I haven't even started shopping yet :/

Awww poor Ruby. I hope you can retrain her to sleep without too much loss of sleep on your own part!

It's been a while ladies! Are you all still doing well?

Flou - glad you can send things to your mom's house. I do hope you are able to feel more comfortable soon but of course we all understand. Your little man will be in your arms before you know it!

Melly - Three baby showers! I forgot you had so many! Did you score big? How are your Christmas preparations coming?

Buttrfly - it's hard to be one of those families that has to work harder during the holidays isn't it? I do hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving brunch! We are about to get a rush of tourists, beginning tomorrow, and will be able to breathe again after the New Year. Luckily I am one of the few people that does not work in tourism so my office will be closed from Christmas through the New Year! Yeah staycation!

Mrs. Duck - is Ruby feeling better? I know Rivkah easily gets into the habit of wanting me at night as well. For one week she only woke once or twice a night. Now she is right back to three wake-ups b/c she wants that 11:00 snuggle. I am trying to cherish it instead of get stressed. Some nights I am better at it than others...... She still hasn't had her first cold and I am still terrified for when it happens.

AFM - things are going well. Hanukkah starts tonight so I can't wait to see Rivkah try to open her first present. My DH will miss it b/c of work but I may bring the present to his restaurant so he can watch. The lucky duck gets to celebrate all the holidays as my DH is not Jewish. She sat on Santa's lap the other night and just stared at him. It was hysterical! I am also looking at Star of David tree toppers and blue and white lights for future Christmas's and Christmas trees. Where I live we can get permits to nordic ski into the woods and cut down our trees. I think we will start next year.

Skiing to and cutting down your own tree sounds SO AWESOME!! I hope Rivkah enjoys her first Hanukkah. We need a new photo!

We did score ridiculously big, these babies are spoiled rotten already. I'm 30 weeks now, and as of yesterday they were both head down, so hooray!!

Happy Hanukah itsawonder. And seeing your lil one open its first pressie must be exciting!

Melly glad your lil ones are doing well and in the right position. I can tell my lil man is still moving all over the place at the mo but he's got plenty of time to get in position.

I can't believe I am about to go into the third trimester, I actually feel like its gone so quickly.

I've finished work for the holidays and I am planning on finishing my Christmas shopping today. My MIL is coming to stay with us tomorrow until Christmas eve and I've got a big extended family dinner on Sunday at my parents which I am looking forward to. I'm starting to get into the festive spirit. How is everyone else doing?

Christmas still feels miles away. I have heaps of presents left to organise! Bloody hell. :lol:

Melly - head down!! Yeah!!!
Yes, I love where I live. It's pretty special to be able to ski and cut down our own tree which Rivkah will be able to pick out.

Flou - third tri already!!

I can't believe how quickly it's all going by. And to think of where we all started and where we all were during the last holiday season.

Thanks again to all of you ladies for being there as a support :)

So my DH wants to have a Christmas dinner. I am going to make Latkes which are a Hanukkah tradition and we are going to have turkey instead of ham. Any other suggestions of what I should cook? I have never been to a Christmas dinner (crazy, I know.)

Funny story: I decided to spin a dreidel for Rivkah last night. Who knew dreidels were life's scariest invention? The first time she looked kind of scared but I really didn't believe it was scaring her. The second time she screamed, cried, held on for dear life and buried her head in my neck. Guess we'll try again next year.....

I know where has the last year gone?? It's going to be a very different Christmas for us all this year :)

Itsawonder- Wow that's so special to ski to choose a tree and cut it down to take home, something you see at the movies :) what's a dreidel? I hope you get to spend lots of time together as a family and your hubby doesn't work himself too hard :) you can't have a Christmas dinner without sprouts haha

Melly yay for both heads being down, not long to go now yay

Flou wow where did that time go 3rd tri!! Yay. Have fun at your family dinner and I hope your mil spoils you while she's there :)

Highhopes how is everything with you?

Afm Ruby is still waking 2-3 times a night but having a 2 hour nap at lunchtime so I get to have a sneaky nap then too :) my Christmas decs are up but I've still got some shopping to do. Hubby is cooking Christmas lunch this year for the whole extended family but he's never cooked a roast in his life so no pressure haha

Christmas dinner wouldn't be the same without sprouts! I love them but DH hates them but he always has an annual sprout at Christmas. And if you have turkey you have to have stuffing and pigs in blankets. We are going to my parents this year for Christmas dinner. I'm quite looking forward to getting spoiled with my Mum's Christmas dinner.

It is amazing what a difference a year makes and I am so pleased we have all got something to celebrate about. Last Christmas I was still recovering from my 2nd mc. I had a gp appt on the anniversary of my second loss. Hearing my little ones heartbeat exactly a year after my loss was very emotional and very humbling. I just can't wait for him to be safely into this world.

Mrs. Duck - a dreidel is a small top that you spin and it's used to play a game during Chanukah. Gelt, (chocolate coins) m&ms or some other form of candy are used as "money" for the pot. It's kind of a betting game but the dreidel determines what you win or lose. There are 4 sides and each has a Hebrew letter. The letters are an acronym for "A Miracle Happened There". However, if you are in Israel, one letter is different for "A Miracle Happened Here".

It's a kids game and usually really fun which is why it's so funny that Rivkah is so scared of it.

Here is a Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel

Everything is going well here. Bubs is doing well so far. I can't believe ive only got 9 and half weeks left until my due date! I had a horrible chest infection last week which affected my asthma. I headed straight to the doc and he prescribed me a course of steroid tablets. He assured me they were fine for the baby as the tablets are a weaker version of what would be given to help his lungs if I went into premature labour. But all better now. I just seem to be at that point of having more and more appointments so I feel I am always at my doctors surgery! I can't wait to finish work. 6 more weeks to go! How's everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->