Overdue Club - Anyone joining me?

Ooh good sign. Statistically though, don't most labours start at night ( or have I completley made that up?)
Fingers crossed its a nice slow burning labour that you can sleep through if it starts tonight :-D

Yeah they do, something to do with the body being more relaxed apparently. I went into labour with DS at midnight, I was knackered :haha:. I'm expecting a quick labour but a slow burner sounds good! No labour last night, back to the lunges today :haha:

8 days overdue now today and still not a single sign :-(
Got another sweep booked tomorrow and I'm dreading it cos the last two have hurt so much.

:hugs: Solitaire :(. I hate sweeps, the one I had the other day is the 1st one I've had which was bearable- with DS they made me cry! I found them worse than contractions/pushing DS out :(

I'm joining your club. I was due two days ago, but still no signs, really...
I can't put my finger on it, but I do feel different today. However, I am actually hoping things don't start today as my stepdaughter will be leaving us this afternoon to move across the country. I know she wants to meet the baby before she goes, but I'd prefer a little less chaos for her departure.
Going to my doctor's appointment in a couple of hours. We'll see what he says...
Good luck to all of you! Have any of those overdue bubs turned up yet?

I had mw check yesterday if I was dilated she said lucky if I was 1 cm so couldn't do a sweep but today I think I have lost a bit of plug do you think this is coz of mw? She never actually went in there if that makes sense

I had a sweep with dd but was is slow labour so can't remember the pain

Hope your sweep tomorrow works for you solitaire

Got another sweep booked tomorrow and I'm dreading it cos the last two have hurt so much.

:hugs: Solitaire :(. I hate sweeps, the one I had the other day is the 1st one I've had which was bearable- with DS they made me cry! I found them worse than contractions/pushing DS out :(

Ladies, this may be a stupid question, but what happens at a sweep? Does it always hurt?

Ladies, this may be a stupid question, but what happens at a sweep? Does it always hurt?

The midwife puts 2 fingers in and has a feel for dilation, then sweeps around the cervix. Sometimes they pull the cervical lip forwards. It takes a couple of minutes usually (in my experience). It doesn't always hurt- I've read lots of threads on here where ladies say it was uncomfortable but not painful :). If you're favourable it hurts less too- when I had them with DS I was totally unfavourable and the MW wasn't able to do them properly.

Not really. They don't use a speculum to open you up, just their fingers. The main thing though is sweeping around the babies head and stretching your cervix. When you have a smear its just a little swab that they gently wipe around- a stretch and sweep is definitely not gentle :haha:. My MW was pretty "rough", but as she said if she's going to do it she may as well do it properly!

OMG. Not liking the 'stretch' part! If baby isn't fully engaged can't they do it then?

Eeek! Sounds very uncomfortable and I'm assuming my cervix is locked up tight since I haven't seen a smidge of mucus plug. Maybe I'll go into labour today and won't need it after all (wishful thinking)

OMG. Not liking the 'stretch' part! If baby isn't fully engaged can't they do it then?

It definitely is an odd sensation! I'm not sure how engaged the baby needs to be (if at all), My LO was only 3/5ths engaged when I had my sweep on Monday and she was able to give me a good going over :haha:.
I really hate sweeps but I'm excited for my next one on Friday- the way I see it 2 minutes of oucheyness is worth it for the chance that it might get things going!

Eeek! Sounds very uncomfortable and I'm assuming my cervix is locked up tight since I haven't seen a smidge of mucus plug. Maybe I'll go into labour today and won't need it after all (wishful thinking)

Ah you never know, I've heard of ladies who find they're dilated with no signs at all! Sending labour dust your way though :)

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow. Have never had a sweep either. Will have to wait and see if she says I can have one (hoping I can just so there's a chance of labour starting)

Aghhh!! Ive got my 1st sweep tomorrow too and im really worried about it :(
Ive had no signs of plug and head is only 2/5ths engaged.

Scared!!!!! :nope::nope::nope:

I have til Saturday to wait until mine! Please baby come before then!

My baby is only 2/5 engaged too and I have had no sign of losing my plug. Cervix clamped shut too! Haha.

No signs what so ever today. This Baby is too comfy and warm in Hotel Uterus!

My baby is only 2/5 engaged too and I have had no sign of losing my plug. Cervix clamped shut too! Haha.

You had the same due date as me! 1st sweep tomorrow,then another at the weekend then if that fails..induction booked for the following Friday 26th which I really really dont want.:nope: So,as much as im dreading these sweeps im hoping they`l work!! :thumbup:

You had the same due date as me! 1st sweep tomorrow,then another at the weekend then if that fails..induction booked for the following Friday 26th which I really really dont want.:nope: So,as much as im dreading these sweeps im hoping they`l work!! :thumbup:

My ticker is out by one day - my due date was the 13th. So today I am 40+5.

Good luck with the sweep today - hope it sets the ball rolling! I don't want inducing either. Would prefer things to go as naturally but if he is t hereby next week il be the begging for induction I'm sure! They have have me a rough induction date of the 25th (depending on how busy they are).

How is everyone? Anyone popped? I hope so! Anyone any signs? I have had dull period like pains and I feel so sick. Not suffered with any sickness at all but I actually went to bed thout having tea yesterday (which isn't like me!). Plan for today is clean the upstairs, I'm so bored!

Hope the sweep works rubyblu
Can take 24-48hours for anything to happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"