Overdue Club - Anyone joining me?

No sweep for me today :( too early apparently. So have to wait til Tuesday next week which is when they'll also book a date for an induction - which I don't want. She took blood to check for pre-eclampsia as blood pressure was a bit high (it always goes high at the doctors, I worry too much before hand lol)

Wow! Total same as me! My sweep didnt work for me yesterday at 40+4..too early,nothing to sweep! I have another booked for Tuesday too but I can go to the hospital Sunday if I like for one at the drop in centre which I might try.
My blood pressure has been high in the last few weeks too..midwife said any headaches or blury vision to get straight to the hospital.
But I always get in to such a state at things like blood tests/sweeps that I think the worry doesnt help!
My induction is booked for 26th which I really dont want! Sending successful sweep dust your way! :hugs:

Exactly what i do, get in a state before hand! My blood tests for pre-eclampsia are back apparently, so just waiting for the doctor to phone after 12.
Nice to hear that my midwife wasn't talking rubbish then, about there being nothing to sweep so early on. I guess you can see how you feel closer to Sunday, and if ok then wait til the Tuesday. I'd go on Sunday if i had the option though lol.
I'll be getting my date for induction on Tuesday, really don't want to be induced. Sending dust back to you too :)

I had my sweep, now getting the bloody show, hope it evolves into labor soon! I walked a few miles after the sweep lol had so many things to do, like post office, pay some parking tickets, shopping and arrange the social security paperwork for baby. Also had 2 glasses of pineapple juice. I have BH but no pains.

Hi ladies, just popping in to say I had my little bundle yesterday, my yellow bump turned pink :). Good luck and hope you all have your babies soon! :)

Eleanor! Congratulations! I thought you must having been having your baby! So pleased for you! Hope I have my little one at 41 weeks also (tomorrow!).

Enjoy! :)))

Lily...FX'd for you. Hoping for the same tomorrow!

Many congrats on your little girl Eleanor!

Hello, I had my baby yesterday too and my yellow bump turned blue :-D

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that some of the old wives tales do work. I spent most of Wednesday on my hands and knees touching up the paint on my skirting boards and then had some very brief but productive sex at night (purely for the prostaglandins in my husbands sperm!) and I went into labour by 7am the following morning.

Hi my yellow bump turned pink 19-4-13
Hoping you sweeps work for you xx

Congratulations Rah and Littlenic!

Wow!

Making my baby seem so close now! I'm officially 41 weeks. Got my sweep at midday a little bit scared! A little bit excited! Hahah.

Congratulations Rah and Littlenic!

Wow!

Making my baby seem so close now! I'm officially 41 weeks. Got my sweep at midday a little bit scared! A little bit excited! Hahah.

Good luck xx

congrats guys! :) and good luck with your sweep annaki! I have one tomorrow morning again xx

Good luck annaki!

I keep having bloody show and BH... I hope baby comes soon!!!

I made DH to read the car seat manual. We are the worst parents to be ever, we still haven't installed it. :(

Hello all,

Cervix too high so sweep cannot be performed! I have been feeling sorry for myself all day and had a little cry about it ( stupid hormones!).

Going to be induced Thursday 25th. I really want him before then! :-(

Hope the sweep works rubyblu
Can take 24-48hours for anything to happen

Midwife could`nt reach what she needed to so couldnt do a sweep :cry:
Having another one Sunday then another Tues. Head still 2/5ths.

So,nothing appears to be doing anything!! :growlmad: Oh except the skin on my tummy is getting tighter and tighter and my blood pressure is still high. If I get any more texts/messages/facebook/phonecalls re "any news" I`m going to go flippin mad!!!!!!!!!!:growlmad:

Rubyblu - I am so upset she couldn't reach my cervix! :-(

They don't do another attempt :-(

Good luck with yours!

Hello all,

Cervix too high so sweep cannot be performed! I have been feeling sorry for myself all day and had a little cry about it ( stupid hormones!).

I had the same on Wednesday. It was really annoying because it was a different midwife and my regular midwife could do a sweep the week before! She apologized and said her fingers were too short. I cried all afternoon too. I have an induction booked for Friday, but will have another sweep tomorrow and Wednesday, so still hoping to go natural. Good luck and hope something happens for you soon xx

Hello all,

:hugs:

Same here my cervix was high too, however MW managed the sweep after some maneuvering from me (very difficult to relax your pelvic muscles while there is a hand in there AND helping with positions). She told me the cervix might be high but it is soft enough so it is a good sign.

If nothing happens I'm induced same day as you!:flower:
Cheer up hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"