Overweight and wanting to loose some...

borntobemum

Reaction score
Hi girls... so I'm 4 weeks 1 day today...

I lost 5 stone after my first baby and kept it off for a while... I slowly put on 1 stone about 8 months after and since then have put on a whopping 2 more through 2 miscarriages and the loss of my father to cancer. I am so ashamed and unhappy.

My question is... would it cause any harm to try and loose a little through these first few months? Just with healthy eating and a little gentle exercise?

Thanks x

Hi hun!
I gained 6 stone with my first, lost 3 stone before my second. Since April Ive lost 7 stone, and i am trying for our third now. I will still be taking my health products when I conceive a they are 100% ok for pregnancies. I will also still be going to the gym, and doing some light exercises. I will miss Spin and weight lighting lol.

Congrats and good luck on your journey xxxxx

First of all, congrats on your BFP!

Secondly, it's not a good idea to try and lose weight while pregnant without the guidance of your doctor. Therefore, you should make an appointment with your doctor and see about what you can do. I don't think it's likely that your doctor will recommend it unless you are obese though.

That being said, if you get pretty sick during your first trimester you might lose some anyways.

I am waaaay obese (5'8 and 270lbs) and begged my Dr. to help me safely loose some weight because it will make my back pain worse and he said absolutely not. The best he would do is refer me to a nutritionist to help me not gain weight in the first trimester and then hopefully only 2 lbs per month after that. He said that was the best he could recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->