Ovulating 29/30/31 May? Looking for a TWW buddy? *6 BFPs

Squirrel, how early did your daughter come? My first DS came at 36+6 weeks, and then my second DS came at 35+0, so I'm also wondering what kind of precautions they'll take this time.

That's awesome that the time is passing quickly for you. I'm with Ruby. It's dragging!

5 dpo for me, and I just feel yuck. But I'm getting excited to test soon! This is always the point in my cycle when I swear I'm pregnant. :haha: :dohh:

Ruby I hope those aren't AF symptoms but a sign a BFP is near instead!

My daughter can't at 36+6 by 12 week scan date, but 36+1 by my dates (which I calculated by charting and OPKs - so I know my date was right). By their dates I would have got my BFP at 5dpo, which is inpossible. I also had a scan at 7 weeks where I measured spot on for my date.

My son was late, so she came a lot earlier than he did!

I'd hope with your last coming at 35 weeks that they'd monitor you more closely!

I think they will. With my last pregnancy, they already started taking more precautions, by checking my cervix more often (although I learned how to do it myself, so her checks were more like confirmation) and doing a few Fetal Fibronectin tests, which I think I'll be refusing this time around, seeing as they're horribly expensive and not very reliable.

And I hear you about your dates versus theirs. I think most doctors/midwives don't think we know our cycles as well as we do. :winkwink:

Ruby, I think AF symptoms and BFP symptoms are usually pretty similar. I definitely get bloated before AF and before getting a BFP.

How funny (actually not funny, strange) that we are in the same boat- my DS came at 35 weeks too. I went into labour at 33.6 weeks and they kept me in hospital until he was born. I had the steriod injections. He was fine though. Had to stay in the special care unit for 2 weeks because of feeling issues but other than that all good. He is a big boy now- 11kg at 16 months!

I worry our next will be prem too. It was so hard having to leave the hospital while he was in the SCU and I was spending from 7am-11pm there everyday- which would be hard with a toddler!

I am hoping my symptoms are not AF but I have a feeling they are. It is too early for pregnancy symptoms to be this noticeable. Trying not to get down about it though. It is my first month ttc.

Enjoy your weekend ladies xxxx

Ruby, do they know why your DS came early?

As for it being too early for symptoms, I disagree. I always get pregnancy symptoms starting around 5/6 dpo. :flower: Today I've been ridiculously tired, and so dizzy and weak and breathless. I got up a few minutes ago and had to grab a chair because my vision went all dark for a few seconds. I remember this happening early on in my pregnancy with DS#2, so we'll see!

Here's hoping!
No they had no idea why he was early! I lost my mucous plug a bit over a week before he was born and I went in and was 2cm dialated. They kept me in hospital and ended up breaking my waters. They said at that gestation if he wants to come out there must be a reason so they prefer to get him out.

Interesting you get symptoms early! Must have to do with early implantation . My back has been aching the last few days and having light cramping, and hip pain 😰

Don't give up just yet Ruby, I also got pregnancy symptoms early on my successful cycles. Fingers crossed for you!

I had some light cramping yesterday and still today. I woke up this morning (7dpo) gagging at nothing. I've had this happen my last two pregnancies where every morning the slightest smell of anything would make me dry heave and/or vomit up bile. Was delightful lol. So gross but hopefully a good sign.

Not exactly the same situation as you ladies, but my twins were 34 weekers (emergency csection though, no labour).

I'm getting that itch to test. I think I'm going to start testing each fmu from tomorrow (8dpo).

Oooh good luck! Does fmu make much of a difference?

Exciting symptoms Twinmummy!! I'm 7dpo and starting to get even less hopeful than I was before as I felt less warm this morning (been waking up with burning skin every morning). I couldn't temp as I left my thermometer at our house (we moved yesterday) - typical that's the one day I feel less warm in the morning. So not sure if my temp has gone down. I have mild cramps too. I lasted a good while longer this luteal phase. Hopefully next cycle it will be up to scratch. Went from 3 days, to 7 days if this is AF coming. Hopefully by next cycle we'll be at 10+. If no period tomorrow I may test too (8dpo) just because I fear period will arrive soon and I won't have had the excitement of testing :haha:

Ruby it's just that FMU has been held overnight so concentrations of hCG are supposed to be stronger. I find I get best results with evening urine that's been held a few hours - I guess because if you get a negative with that day's FMU then by evening there will be more hCG in your system as in those early days 12 hours does make a big difference to how much hCG is made.

Oh squirrel I feel AF coming too! Sucks but at least your LP is longer! FX AF doesn't come and we all get some BFP very soon!

I'm very happy to be nearing the second week! Hope moving is going well! I know how much it sucks! How long will it be until your place is finished?

Sooooo irritable today it's unreal! I just feel like a kettle constantly boiling over and am having to work really hard at keeping it out of my tone. The kids are really unsettled (naturally) after the move and have been really difficult today. Not only that but Isla is teething and ill, so obviously has been grumpy with that. Oscar has vented his frustrations today by screaming and moaning all day. I know this can be a normal three-year-old thing, but with his autism and lack of speech we seem to get it a lot more from him than other three-year-olds. Usually I stay very patient with him, but today, wow, I feel so so so angry! Just been trying to put Isla down for an hour. I've been trying to feed her to sleep as usual with her fighting at the breast, grabbing my hair and face, pulling, biting... I've just had enough!!!! Yikes! I hope this is a pregnancy symptom not just PMS on steroids!

And breathe. Calm down. And go back in as the crazy baby is still not asleep!

Squirrel, that's awful! :nope: I've had days where I'd just fighting the urge to break something or scream, and it's a horrible feeling. Both of my sons are teething right now, and it's not fun. My almost 2 year old doesn't talk yet, and it really does make the whining and the tantrums worse, because they don't have any other way to express themselves. :( I really hope the irritability is a pregnancy symptom, though!

Well, I caved and tested. Just waiting for the test to develop and then I'll post a picture so you can see my lovely BFN, since it's only 6 dpo, and I'm crazy for even taking a test. :haha::dohh:

Okay, here's my 6 dpo test

11401025_10101106970753808_220714999398536873_n.jpg

Spiffy something is definitely catching my eye!! Hope it's the start of a BFP! I do find with cheapies though that there is often a shadowy line. Hope that isn't the case with yours and it's a true line.

Eek! How exciting!!! Our thread's first possible BFP on its way!

Have you guys thought about names yet?

We always think about names, but this time round it's taken us a while to talk about it. Usually we have them years in advance :haha: We were just talking about it yesterday actually and we've somewhat agreed on Felix Edward and Isabelle .... (shortened to Izzy).

Just need a middle name for Isabelle.

How about you guys?

Thanks, Squirrel! I'm sure it's just the standard cheapie shadow line, but it was fun to test anyway, and I'm not even depressed that it's a BFN, since it's so early. :flower:

We have a girl name already, because we were going to use it if DS#2 had been a girl: Eden Tamra (Tamra is my MIL's name). But for a boy, we're screwed since it was soooo hard to come up with one we both liked last time. Hopefully we'll just have a girl and it won't be an issue. :haha:

Ah Spiffy I came on here this morning to say "I wonder who will end up testing first!" and you beat me to it! Sorry i can't see anything but to be honest at 6dpo with an IC that would probably be as expected!

I am sorry to hear about your day Squirrel! Kids can be tough at times! My DS has always been a good sleeper but about a month ago went through a stage where we would need to pat him for an hour or so to get him off and he was waking often, and early in the morning- sometimes 5am! I think it was teething too! He is starting his toddler tantrums now and geez he can turn it on. Hahaha

Ok, so I have read a bit about HCG and I want to hold off as long as I can which will give me a better chnace of an accurate result. Let's see how I go! No more symptoms from me. Had backache yesterday and nothing more.

As for names. Our favourite girls names are Isla (Squirrel you chose well) and Summer. These were our fav's before we had our son who is named Harry.
Boys I am not sure though....

8dpo and a BFN :) oh well. I enjoyed the excitement of testing. Will try again tomorrow. Last time I didn't get a squinter on an IC till the evening of 10dpo. So even if I were pregnant, I wouldn't expect anything this soon based on what happened last time. Still doesn't stop me though.

I like your name choices ladies :) we struggle with boys names too. Oscar was the only one we both liked. Felix has always been my favourite, but my husband has resisted until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->