Ovulation time again....oh no!

GreenFingers

Reaction score
Why is it that after 11 months of TTC I am now dreading getting that positive OPK result?

Rather than being the start of a new chance I feel my mood slipping and I just know that it is the start of 2 weeks of torment as I symptom spot every little change in my body, ultimately leading to disappointment.

The only time I get any peace is in the first 2 weeks of my cycle, please tell me I'm not alone!

From a newbie going slowly mad wondering how to keep doing this ...

Hi, We have been at it for 9 months this time, last time it was seven months, but it didn´t stick sadly. I hate the two week wait too, somehow I feel I should be concentrating on it all the time to make it work, which is nuts.
I have to say my second pregnancy I didn´t get any obvious symptoms, my bbs weren´t sore, I didn´t feel sick, nothing. SO now I know better than to believe the symptoms, one month when I wasn´t pregnant i had sore bbs and felt sick every day, tricky things bodies. Well I can´t make it go any faster for you, but at least you aren´t alone, we are all in the same boat, and who knows maybe this is your month!! Keep a little bit of faith, not so much as to make it a crashing disappointment if it doesn´t work this month but enough to know it will one day. good luck

Hi green fingers,been ttc for five years and had nine mc's,but I truly believe one day we will all get our bfp's,:hugs:I think it's just the fear of being let down again and having to find the strength once again within yourself to carry on,:hugs:I hope you do carry on and finally achieve your dream,good luck Hun,:hugs::hugs:

hi greenfingers
I know exactly where you are coming from, I obssessed my first few months but I find its getting less as time goes on, not more. heres a few tips:

1. DON'T symptom spot! you can get the same symptoms whether pregnant or not, and I find actually from my research on here theres LESS symptoms when you are pregnant. Ive had it all, lots of 'never had before' symptoms and not been pregnant. Ive also had 2 months of no symptoms and not been pregnant. I think symptom spotting really contributes to a lot of stress, so if you can don't do it.

2. I know this is cliched, but try to relax. Do everything you can to not think about the 2WW. last month I really relaxed and it was soooo much better. And guess what I didnt have any symptoms when I wasnt looking for them. They do say that pregnancy happens when you relax, so hopefully you can try really hard to do this. Perhaps look up relaxation tips on the internet.

3. If you find the 2WW the worst, keep yourself busy... if theres activities that make you happy then save them for the 2WW. Im going to a movie and dinner with a friend, dinner with hubby, booked a massage & pedicure. The time really does go quick when you are not counting every single day.

Its hard to do all these things, but if you tell yourself its better for your body and mind then you can do it. And join us in the June testing thread so you can get some support while you wait :thumbup:

So sorry to hear ovulation and the 2WW is such a hard time for you :hugs: I really can't add to what the others have said :hugs:

But in 2009, DH & I spent 11 cycles TTC with not one BFP to show for it and I was so stressed and felt so alone then. But I found this site just as DH & I have started TTC again and find all the ladies on here a huge support and they keep me sane :)

I know you'll get loads of support on here and hopefully that will help you find some strength to keep TTC till you get your BFP and hopefully they'll help the madness slightly :hugs:

Awhhh thanks all, it so nice to have some support and talk to people that are going through all this too!

The worse thing is I know I shouldn't worry but I can't turn it off.

Good luck to you all this month x x

The worse thing is I know I shouldn't worry but I can't turn it off.

you can do it! when a worried or obsessed thought comes into your head replace it with a different one. keep busy and you can do it.
thats what my therapist taught me!

Keeping busy is a good tip, I think I need to fill my diary with some fun things for the next 2 weeks!

Thanks Sarahincanada, your positivity is inspiring x

Keeping busy is a good tip, I think I need to fill my diary with some fun things for the next 2 weeks!

Thanks Sarahincanada, your positivity is inspiring x

well I have my moments, but last month was so much better as I didnt obsess as much and I really tried to take my mind off TTCing. theres nothing we can do anymore after ovulation... the rest is up to our body, so no point stressing. i keep telling myself I WILL get pregnant this year, I just dont know which month. helps me see the bigger picture and not get so caught up in all the waiting. good luck :flower:

Hi green fingers,been ttc for five years and had nine mc's,but I truly believe one day we will all get our bfp's,:hugs:I think it's just the fear of being let down again and having to find the strength once again within yourself to carry on,:hugs:I hope you do carry on and finally achieve your dream,good luck Hun,:hugs::hugs:

You are such a inspiration! Your post made me :cry: - good tears though...

I know how you feel hun. I had to wait ages on AF and now am waiting to Ov and then the 2ww. I'm inpatient by nature anyway but this is torture.

:hugs:

hi gals, if you think we dread OV, imagine how our DH feels, mine is okay for the first two rounds, but by the third time in a week, he's ready to cave under the pressure! :)
m

Mine actually looks forward to it...but we never go more than 3x in a row...but that's because I need that 4th day off ... but then i am ok for a few more days...

I think we will change the gameplan this cylce...I want to see how every other day feels and if it makes a difference...

My DH is really great about it too, not sure I could cope with having to beg him!

He was totally gutted when the doctor told us we needed to BD only every 3 days due to his sperm morphology being only 3%.

I really struggle with the every 3 day thing a it just doesn't feel enough, we usually end up doing every other but I usually throw in one more around ovulation to be sure.

We'v got a referral on 7th June so this is my last cycle naturally before discussion next options at the fertility clinic.

My DH is really great about it too, not sure I could cope with having to beg him!

He was totally gutted when the doctor told us we needed to BD only every 3 days due to his sperm morphology being only 3%.

I really struggle with the every 3 day thing a it just doesn't feel enough, we usually end up doing every other but I usually throw in one more around ovulation to be sure.

We'v got a referral on 7th June so this is my last cycle naturally before discussion next options at the fertility clinic.

My DH has a low count (motility & morphology ok) and we've been advised only every other day but I can't even stick to that :blush: So well done on managing on the whole to stick to what the doctor has advised :thumbup:

Good luck with your referral next week :thumbup:

My DH has a low count (motility & morphology ok) and we've been advised only every other day but I can't even stick to that :blush: So well done on managing on the whole to stick to what the doctor has advised :thumbup:

Thanks Macwooly for the luck, very interesting you were told every other day as I have never heard anyone say every 3 days before so I wasn't sure she knew what she was talking about lol...sometimes GP's just want to get rid of you I'm sure.

I feel a bit of relief about finally getting reffered, had to fight for it mind, but I feel like someone else is taking charge as I am running out of strength going it alone.

Good luck for you this time round and stay positive xx :dust:

Thanks Macwooly for the luck, very interesting you were told every other day as I have never heard anyone say every 3 days before so I wasn't sure she knew what she was talking about lol...sometimes GP's just want to get rid of you I'm sure.

I feel a bit of relief about finally getting reffered, had to fight for it mind, but I feel like someone else is taking charge as I am running out of strength going it alone.

Good luck for you this time round and stay positive xx :dust:

I'm sure you'll find loads of support on this site and hopefully won't feel so alone :hugs:

You know it does really help, trouble is I am starting to get addicted...will I ever get any work done when it is so tempting to log on??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->