Pain in pubic/pelvic area at 37 weeks

lady stag

Reaction score
Hi there

i've been having some pain and tenderness in my pubic area for several weeks and it's steadily getting worse. when I walk it's quite painful and I can't lift up my legs to get dressed, so have to sit down to put on underwear/trousers etc!! Has anyone else suffered with this and do they know what it is?

It isn't an ache, it's actual pain! i will mention to MW on Tuesday when I see her but thought I'd post a thread to see if anyone can help me.

many thanks!

Sarah

Most commonly it's SPD but I know that I've been diagnosed with sacroiliac joint dysfunction and am currently seeing a pregnancy chiropractor for it so I think the best thing you could do is tell your GP or MW Hun xxxx

i saw my mw last week and mentioned exactly what you have and she told me it was the beginnings of spd - i had only had it a few days but sounds like you have had it a little while. They offered me to see a physio but your so close i doubt u will go to one

xxx

Yes, sounds very similar to what I have and I was told by physio on Thursday that I have SPD. Hopefully your mw will be able to give you some advice on how to control it over the next few weeks. I was advised the majority of cases clear up 2/3 weeks after delivery.

Best of luck,

Sarah.xxx

Sound like SPD to me... I have it for 3 weeks now... And my MW and GP did not refer me to physio.
No fun...

Avoid lifting thing (even if they are not too heavy) walk slowly and not too long, try not spreding your legs. And offcourse rest as much as you can (it really helps)
Do any house work seating if you can... Or let OH do them.
Hope it helps.

Thanks so much for your advice guys - it's really appreciated. I had read about the SPD thing but the web said it was quite rare so thought (hoped) it might be something else less dramatic!

Thanks again,

Sarah

I think I'm starting to get this on my left side. I've checked what part of the pelvis it is and it's apparently the ischium with me. It hurts when I walk sometimes and especially when going uphill! I'm going to mention it at my next checkup and hope it isn't SPD!

I had this quite badly between around 34-37 weeks it seems to have become less painful in the the past two weeks or so no idea why- so there's hope it wont get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->