Pain relief

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
During the night my neck cracked quite badly and woke me up, ever since I have had a terrible pain in my neck and shoulders. I am unable to turn my head side to side. I have taken 2 paracetamol and have got a wheat heat pack wrapped around my neck.

Im waiting for a call back from my GP but does anyone know if it's safe to take anything stronger than paracetamol? I'm 14 weeks pregnant.

The doctor finally called me back, he has prescribed me some cocodamol but has told me only to take them if I am in absolute agony. I'm going to try and grin and bear it and hopefully the pain will of eased by tomorrow

Ouch!

Glad you managed to get something from the GP.

I use a wheat bag ony lower back. Usually I would suggest deep heat but have heard you can't use it during pregnancy!

How about a warm bath?

Hope you get some relief

Thank you, the painkillers and wheat bag seemed to do the trick and the pain had completely gone after a couple of days.

Now I'm plagued by a headache that I just can't seem to shift :(

My Dh is an evidence-based chiropractor.
If something like that happened to me and a headache arose, I would definitely ask him to adjust me. As long as your blood pressure isn’t high or the dr doesn’t find any other contraindications, it has helped me loads! Same with back pain, and pubis dysfunction.
Here is a link to trustworthy and evidence based Chiros around the world. If you can’t find one near you, I’m in the FTCA group and can ask them if one is nearby you that is not listed on the map.
FTCA | Member Map
Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"