PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Good luck Croy!

My husband has no idea when we should be able to hear it, so when he saw me ordering it today he fully supported it! If he knew it might cause worry, he would have made me wait. Hee hee. By the time I get it, I'll be 10 1/2 weeks so I think I'll have a pretty good chance of hearing it. Embo, I waited this long because I knew I wouldn't hear anything that early. Since Davies heard hers, I ordered mine. But honestly I was going to wait until I was 11 or 12 weeks before ordering. She got me excited though!

Round thanks for the CVS advice. So what I've learned today is that the NT scan and blood work can help make the decision. Do you know what your SIL's NT scan and blood work said? That's very sad for her. I have a good feeling your results will be perfect!

Heart- I'm doing nt but not cvs or amnio, they are too invasive for me. I'm still waiting for dr, tried to get in early. My pics aren't as clear this time. Both measuring 10+3 and hb's 168 and 165. Will post the pic later!

Thanks heart. I knew I shouldn't be trying it!!

Got another craving - Philli on bagels mmmmmmmmm

lol Davies.
If I tried any harder dh would be immobilised.
I'm in 2ww now, testing next Friday and day 3 on steroids :)
xxx

Good luck croy so happy hopeful!!!! That's fab!! Yay heart love sonoline!!
Embo I tried at 9+5 nothing!!! Then 9+6 I could but was very hard! I had to put the Doppler probe down rotate if all around! Move it a cm then rotate it again! Move it a bit everyone said it's low I found it above the hair line to the right first day to the left today! Empty stomach an full bladder seems best an lots of gel!! X

Thanks for the tips Davies. I really hope I get to hear it next week

Wow Hopeful, that's great that they are both measuring so big! So happy for you. Looking forward to the pic!

Lee, so excited for you to test. The TWW is excruciating but you are in the best company with the other ladies. I want you all to get BFPs this cycle!

Embo, I was craving Phili on bagels last week. So delicious!

Yay Hopeful!

Good luck Croy!

Embo- Philly on bagels sounds wonderful right now! I just ate white cheddar cheese popcorn and chased it down with a pack of chocolate zingers!!! And I can't even blame it on pg....of course steroids is taking the blame LOL

Hearty- can't wait to see your video of the hb! Because you know you have to post one now!

embo - almost every morning i eat a plain bagel with philly on half and peanut butter on half - try it, it's really good!

so the chick that did my scan is a sonographer for "normal people" and she has done 1 other scan for me. each time she asks "is there a reason for this scan?" and she even said today that in 2012, she heard insurance companies weren't going to cover all these extra scans anymore. whatever! crazy lady . told her i've had 4 early mcs plus i'm 36 so high risk so i'm sure it's fine ;) she didn't think I was that old... and told her that it's more for my peace of mind to have so many. she didn't get the best or most pics either but they are still adorable :) will post later. the IF specialty girls do the best ultrasounds!

then I got to see my Dr who I LOVE. found out my last day of lovenox isn't until Jan 30, i will be off prog Jan 23 and start weaning off prednison Jan 23. on 20 mg now, do 15 mg for 1 week, 10 mg for 1 wk, 5 mg for 1 wk then 2.5 mg for 1 wk and then done.

also - she found 1 heartbeat. she said the other one is behind my pubic bone so that's why we didn't get it, but, they are so close together that it's really hard to tell them apart. she didn't think i should get a doppler because that might cause extra stress ;) so don't worry about finding the hb on dopplers!
I know both hearts were good from the internal ultrasound.

That's great news Hopeful. You'll be done with all your meds by the end of this month! Very exciting!

Do you have another scan scheduled? I think my days of weekly scans are numbered. I'm getting one tomorrow, but I'm officially done with my RE so now it's just the normal Ob/Gyn visits.

I can't wait to see your pics. They must be looking like proper babies now. Do you have a bump? My uterus is definitely round and I can tell, though I don't think anyone else could. But with two, I imagine your uterus must be bigger.

Croy should be done with her scan now. Now we just have to wait for her to get home and post!

Heart, I was lucky as my nt results came back as very low risk (1 in 12000 for downs and even lower risk for Patau's and Edward's). I would have needed a very high risk (e.g. 1 in 5 risk) and more scans (for soft markers)/discussions before I'd agree to more testing. A 1-2% risk of miscarriage may seem low to some but it worries me.

Hopeful, congrats on the good scan! :yipee::yipee::yipee:

They used to offer further testing for any mother over 35 but have since found that the risks outweigh the benefits so I believe you are only offered invasive tests if you have other risk factors (family history, nt results).

Amos, I just responded on the RMC thread, but will here too!

:happydance::dance::yipee::wohoo::happydance::dance::yipee::wohoo:

You passed the test. Now onto the next test!

Hey ladies!! Back from the scan with fab news. Everything is looking normal, we saw little arms and legs and he was wriggling around a ton. It was so cute! Looked much more like baby. I am no good with computer things but hubby said he would scan the best pic from today so I can post it! I want to show off our little prune!

Hopeful - Great news on your scan!! So reassuring! I am going to my OB in a week - they told me that she would do a scan then...so I continue my weekly scan for one more week! but then I need to be weaned off! ha ha

Another one of these is required:

:happydance::dance::yipee::wohoo::happydance::dance::yipee::wohoo:

That's great news Croy! Isn't the wriggling awesome? I really want to see a picture! Do you or hubby have a smart phone? I just take a picture with my phone and upload it onto Photobucket.

They used to offer further testing for any mother over 35 but have since found that the risks outweigh the benefits so I believe you are only offered invasive tests if you have other risk factors (family history, nt results).

Oh, that's good to know. I was told by someone else that after 35, the NT and bloods aren't as reliable. I have a lot of questions to ask my doctor. I guess ideally I would have good bloods and NT and then wouldn't need to go through with the invasive tests. Thanks for this info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->