PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Aww thanks heart :hugs: I know you would actually post me those drugs! :hugs:. I'm sure they will give me something more though as they did say last time to go back if the pain was too much but it's not something you want to do at the time, you almost can't move can you?!? So I'll be sure to get the extra meds beforehand. But thank you x x x

Ramble alert! As for being brave, I feel that I'm very lucky that i have chance to get my head around things and no other stresses in my life at all. Whilst I am getting my head around it now and remaining positive as can be, although I have had super down moments already, I would be in even worse, a million times worse if I had to worry about working and money and didn't have the most wonderful hubby to look after me and follow this through until we get there and tell me not to worry about anything.
I started getting panic attacks and not coping after the 2nd mc and went on sick leave. Then i had another mc in that time and havent been back since. I don't know if you know but I'm a primary school teacher and I love my job so much!! I want nothing more than to go back to work 12 weeks pregnant and have everything be normal again, but I really wasnt coping. I was leaving the lessons to cry and I was even late for work on two occasions!! I just couldn't get there, I was rigid with panic and crying all the time. In the 8/9 years I taught for i didn't have one sick day!!! Not one! :shock: So that's going to look very good when I do go back. My school have been very supportive as they know I'm a great teacher and they just want me back :smug: :haha: but it's very harrowing to keep having to tell them I've miscarried again. I'm sure they think I must fall down the stairs all the time!! So you see I am afforded the opportunities to think and not have any other stresses. I was doing bits and pieces of writing for my hubbies business but he sacked me as I was always on here and couldnt concentrate! Me and hubby think that limited stress helps me to get pregnant quickly too. But as a teacher you see pregnant women, babies and children all the time and I think I would have ended up in a mental institution if I'd carried on.
So you see I'm not that strong a person really. Once I'm out of this horrible nightmare, I will never take my past great life so for granted again, I was such a happy person, I had everything, a great family, loads of friends, a great job, plenty of money, holidays clothes everything and now... It just goes to show how quickly your life can turn upside down. In fact sometimes I was so happy and excited about things going on in my life I
Couldn't sleep for a while the night before! Even if it was as simple as taking my class to the zoo one day and then going out after that with all my friends! Just can't imagine that now!! I was never in the house!!
One thing that helps me is knowing I am so lucky to have such a supportive hubby and that people do go through worse than me, for example, stillbirths and disabled children, non supportive partners and work/money worries aswell. So I just count my blessings too and hope this is all over soon... What a ramble!!!

A well worded ramble! I read in your journal that you were a teacher. It's good that you were able to leave work and focus on healing. That in itself takes strength! The ability to know your limits and express them is an act of strength. So while you might not be feeling strong, from where I sit, you sure look strong to me. People have told me I'm strong but it took me a while to accept it. I kept thinking that I didn't choose to have losses. I didn't have a choice but to move on from them afterward. But I've realized how I've dealt with them and the way I've established my boundaries does show strength. So does the perseverance to hunt down a medical soution. You definitely have that in you.

It is interesting to think about the people we were before our losses. It's inevitable that we change. What we've been through is life altering. It defines us in new ways. It will be one of the biggest things that ever happens to us in our lives. I hope you are able to find some of the old Fili that would once have trouble falling asleep due to excitement. I have a feeling you will discover her again.

Thanks heart, you are definitely a strong person!!! I take inspiration from you too!
Sickness gone, just had half a bagel with Nutella (choc spread) on! It was lovely!

Fili...your post made me cry...you are an incredible lady and I hope today you get some peace of mind. :hugs:

Heart..yours did too :hugs:

Hopeful and Croydon..fab scans :yipee:

Amos...:yipee: for progesterone!

Hi to everyone, I'm so behind on all my threads right now :hissy:

Five more days for scan for me :coffee:

XxX

NSN i'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!! It would make my year already if this goes well for you!! Im sure it will. This one sounds like it was meant to be and will be your forever baby! x x x

NSN I've got fat tears rolling down my cheeks reading those posts as well.
Fili, I hope the pain of the medical management isn't too horrible. Do you mind me asking why you have decided against an Eric? Is it to do with the lining?
Morning pregnant ladies! Lovely scan pics hopeful and croy.

I know the risks of Erics are small but when I went to st marys she ruled out giving me a thorough womb scan - a hsg?? Something like that on the basis that I'd only had one Eric. So I would rather suffer the extra pain and chance not having another Eric. I know though that it is very unlikely anything would happen and sometimes you need an Eric anyway after meds because everything is not cleared out. Also I kind of want to see the sac, does that sound a bit :sick: ??? . Last time I had a scan a month ago the sonographer said my womb was perfect, she actually said that, so want to keep it that way, damage limitation! My good hotel keeps getting squatters and I want a nice guest next time!! X x x

That sounds reasonable and sensible to me. I hope it's not too horrible, I really do. Well what I really hope is best case scenario for you but you know that.

I don't have time for a proper post as I'm running out the door but sending you all my love, fili. You choose whichever option feels most right to you :hugs:

I'm also off work and it made this pregnancy so much better for me to bear! Xxx

just popping in to give fili a huge hug and wish you lots of love and luck for today. think you will be in our apptmt now so i am thinking of you lots xx

I cant believe how fast this thread moves!!
I have spent so much time reading and catching up but if Im honest Im not quite there yet....its such an emotional thread filled with so many strong ladies who Im in awe off.
I wish each and every one of you all the love and luck in the world and ask that you give me the time to try and catch up and keep up with each of your journeys.
I have my abnormality scan due on Tue 10th of Jan and I am excited yet nervous as this little tough cookie of mine has hung on through so much...3 lots of surgery and drugs like morphine and a weight loss of over 2stone from myself which given my history is unbelievable and although I will welcome and love my baby no matter what it would be the best news ever if I hear that he/she is 100% healthy....and nope I wont be finding out the sex as I want a suprise lol! xx

Morning ladies how r u all??

Its my first day alone with Diva today! thought i might get a lie in as she didnt go back down untill 6:30. she woke up the second daddy left the house at 8! lol
Got my last midwife appointment today to have her weighed then im signed off... feel kinda sad. I miss my bump! serious bump envy! i loved being pregnant. I love being a mum more but i miss my bump lol!

Hope fili's ok.

I've had a scan this morning. Everything's perfect. Baby measuring 9+2 and even gave us a wiggle. I'm in shock again, Gav's crying!!

I didn't tell people about the scan because I wanted to :ignore: and it actually helped so much.

Fab news embo so happy for you sweetie xxx
Have u got a pic? Xx

Fili how r u Hun? I'm thinking of you I no St Marys will b looking after you, ur in the right place xx

Tracie have u healed well?? I watched one born every min an it scared life out of me!!
I heard hb today felt so rough this morn went back to sleep!! Xx

I've got a pic but it's pretty rubbish and not a patch on what we actually saw at the scan.
The pic looks like half the heads missing but it was external!! Yay no more internals!!!
Anyway here it is ...

https://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/embo-78/e11991f5.jpg

Hi everyone, im not at st marys at mo am at different hospital epu and its crap!! I have been waiting for over 2 hours!!! It's so bad here. Im going to complain. Hubby is so p'd off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->