PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

fili - thats awful, you dont need the extra stress of that, thinking of you and hope hubby kicks some ass! :hugs:

Oh hunny I can't believe that I hope u get seen soon xxxx defo complain Hun it's awful u must b in a right mess, thinking of u xxx

Fili that's shocking, why are these EPAU places so bloody cold???

Em so pleased for your scan. I can understand ignorance is bliss xx

That's fantastic embo xxx

Fili I hope you have answers soon you've waited long enough xxxx

Right well that was a nightmare!! Back home now. So the baby is there, it measures a week behind at 6.4 and the heartbeat is low at 68. Just like all my other miscarriages. I'm going to have to class this as a treatment failure now (steroids). These miscarriages seem to be very much like Embos, do you think Embo? and look, success in the end! Davies you had a missed miscarriage too didn't you? Can't believe they've all been the same!! The only difference is this had such high hormone levels :shrug: obviously that means nothing. What do you girls think? I just want it to be over! Going by my other 3 patterns the heartbeat will stop in precisely 3 days.

Very similar sweetie. Is there any way what so ever you could be wrong on your dates?

Oh fili so sorry x when do yo have to go back? I had a mmc unfortunately I am no help as I didn't find out till 12ks so don't know what was going on around the 6wk Mark when baby stopped growing xxxx

Fili, I am so sorry, I know the waiting is even worse sometimes. What did the Dr. suggest? Are you going to get scanned in another week?

If for some reason this does not end well please talk to your Dr. about intralipids every 4 weeks versus every 8 weeks. I know I mentioned that before but the conversation worked so quickly that I missed your response.

I am thinking of you honey, I am here for ANYTHING you need. Remember that I am a fellow NK cell patient and I know first hand it can be treated very well with intralipids. Hugs.

They said to come back in 2 weeks! No way!! I'll be back at another hospital next week, can't wait that long... I might miscarry naturally but not waiting. As soon as hb stops I'm getting my hands on those pills! I am so sure of my dates. The sac has grown appropriately, it's grown 10mm in a week! The sac is perfect!!

Fili, I am so sorry things aren't looking quite right. The baby seems to have grown consistently since last week and at this point they shouldn't be measuring the heartbeat as surely just its presence is important enough? Still, if this is following a pattern and you have a bad feeling about it then I wholeheartedly believe you. Big big :hug:, honey. It's just so horrible to have to wait it out! Did you keep your scan date with the other epu so you won't have to wait another two weeks?

As for the treatment failure, I'd really try and get a sample tested. If it comes back saying normal then you indeed have a problem and need to reevaluate your treatment plan. If it comes back as abnormal then unfortunately that is miserably bad luck for this poor baby.

As far as I understand you can collect a 'sample' (sorry, don't know how else to say it) with a natural m/c, too. You just have to make sure it does not go into the toilet.

Best thing would be to arrange everything either with the hospital giving you the drugs (make sure they understand it is for full genetic testing, not the normal molar/non-molar check which requires a different procedure) or with St Mary's (I found Rosemary to he very helpful over the phone).

Good luck, chuck! I'm still sending you a little :dust: hoping a tiny bit that you won't need to know any of the above :hugs:

Thanks pip, yeah I suppose I could arrange for a chromo test, it's just that even with this information st marys said half are normal and half not in general in their clinic and if nothing is found to be wrong with you then just keep trying and will get there, they still won't treat 'normal' losses, it just leads to a suspicion its the body but sometimes it still is bad luck and the body is normal, that's what rosemary and this other doc who was with her said. So it just made me think well what was the point then - I'd had all the body tests anyway and all was normal. And then I think of embo with a similar loss history to me and only progesterone as treatment (Ive had prog twice now) so i don't think prog makes a difference between a loss and a keeper. I'm really beginning to think of just trying without treatment and putting it down to bad luck! Might try hep and aspirin together just in case next time as not done that but... Thanks for all your kind and helpful words pip, I really appreciate it :hugs: x x x

Oh Fili, I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for some good news for you. This limbo must be driving you crazy.

I'm know you need to prepare mentally for what might come, but I"m going to hold out some hope. You've got a growing baby with a heartbeat. I know the HB and size are not ideal, but I've read so many miracale stories on this site, I'm going hope you're one of them.

I've been super busy at work and haven't had time to catch up. Just wanted to say a huge congrats to Hopeful, Croydon and Embo. It's so inspiring to see so many women with multiple losses under their belt doing so well.

Welcome Jenny!

Good luck today Hearty!

This thread is crazy chatty! One day I'll have time to catch up.

AFM, I've got a scan next Thursday and get this....I'm excited for it!!!

Aww Fili....reading your post about being a teacher started me crying, but now seeing your news I am bawling. I am sitting here racking my brain to try and think of what could be going on (like I'm a doctor or something). I mean, if all your losses have been so similar, it has to be something, one thing, that could make it right. All of yours and hubby's tests have been normal besides NK cells? (I know you've said it, I just need to read it again lol). And the tissue that has been tested come back normal too?

Embo- congrats hun. Beautiful piccy!!!

Thanks Amos, yeah I'm pal completely normal in more ways than one! :rofl:

Congratulations on all the scans girls!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: You give me sooo much hope so keep them coming, no one is more deserving of perfect scan than our pal girls!! :yipee: X x x

Fili I'm at a loss for words. I know you were preparing yourself for an empty sac but I'm not sure you were ready for the same scenario as your other pregnancies. It feels so confusing in my brain so I can only imagine how it feels in yours. It's crazy to menthat they said to come in two weeks! That's inhumane. I'm glad you are going to go back in a week. It's so hard to predict the outcome but I think it's wise that you prepare yourself to lose this one. Sadly the hb is very low. Are you going to continue taking your meds? (sorry if I missed that). If it were me I would give this one as much of a fighting chance as possible. But any decision you make is understandable. I hope they can shed some light on this pattern. It almost seems to me that there is one tweak that needs to be made to change the pattern. But as Amos said, I'm no doctor. Thinking about you sweet woman.

Embo you sneaky girl, Congrats on a brilliant scan. I understand wanting to keep it under wraps. That's how Pip rolls too.

Baby, good luck on your scan next week.

Andrea, hi! It's always nice to see you appear.

Nothing to see here folks......keep it moving, keep it moving :haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->