PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I am def getting there!! If my scan is all ok on wed I will def start to relax!! I also will b alot better when nt scan is done as ling as we havd a good result!! My nausea is back today to!! Can't eat a lot today!! An all my lovely shopping got delivered!! Have to try Tom! X

Is the NT scan the one they do around 12 weeks to measure the nose and neck as markers for some problems?

I think I am going to get one of those. I don't think we would do much more invasive testing, but the scan and blood work could at lest give us a heads up if they thought there could be an issue in the future. Scary, but I believe we will all be ok. And honestly, this is my bean, if he is not "perfect" he is still mine and I want him.

yay to the scans & Pics - very happy to hear this :happydance:

Fili - hunni :hug: so so sorry sweetie sending you a fat cyber hug too.

its amazing how 1st and 3rd trimester are simular, so tired, feel sick again, heartburn, weird cravings all over again. 2nd Trimester is definately the best. Also baby has the hiccups so often and now likes to have a party in my tummy at 4am :dohh:

Not sure why I had the double post. Sorry about that!

Davies, I actually asked that karyotyping question today. Great minds think alike! The answer is no, it doesn't hold much weight during pregnancy. That test is a good thing to do before pregnancy after multiple losses to rule out things like translocation. But it doesn't make your pregnancy that much safer from genetic disorders just because you and your husband had normal karyotypes.

I'm really annoyed with my clinic. The only day they could get me in for an NT scan was Jan. 30. I'll be 13+3 by then! That would mean if I wanted to do CVS, I couldn't. I'd have to wait to do amnio. I want to know earlier in this pregnancy if we have a high risk. My husband and I aren't willing to bring a child into this world with severe birth defects. So if I have to terminate, I don't want to wait until I'm well into my second trimester. Ugh, I hate even thinking about this, but I have to, especially given my age.

So I'm going to try and switch clinics since I now have insurance at the other one. My RE there gave me a referral to a good high risk doctor. I'm hoping I can get an appointment with her and get an NT scan more quickly. I'm going to call after the lunch hour and see if I can get in with her.

Round I don't think I'll be able to relax until after all this is sorted out and I feel more confident that I have a healthy baby in there.

Heart - hope you manage to sort that out and moves clinics, seems a bit late, is it because they are busy?

Yes I think it's because they're busy. They also made me wait an hour today for my appointment. They've disappointed me in the past. I'm definitely switching!

Ya, that's an awfully long wait. I think 13w3d is the very latest they let you do a NT scan here. I hope they can squeeze you in earlier.

Happy Prune week Hearty and all you lovely 10 weekers!!!!

Yes rounds right that is the latest! I have mine on exactly 12 weeks!! That's annoying I liked to think karyotyping gave me a lil bit of comfort! Now back to the panic!! I can't believe I had nausea today heart!! Yippee!! A symptom!! But loving my hb!! Listened everyday!!
Xx

Davies, I have nausea today too! My doppler shipped yesterday so I'm hoping to get it on Monday. If I'm really lucky, it will come tomorrow. I can't wait.

My wonderful RE just offered me one more scan!! I'm going in next Wednesday. I'm such a sucker for scans now! And I'll definitely get pictures on Wednesday as they have the really nice machines there.

Tracie have u healed well?? I watched one born every min an it scared life out of me!!
I heard hb today felt so rough this morn went back to sleep!! Xx

it scared life outta me and iv given birth haha! yh im healed now. just lol

Come on then girls, get ya bumps out...

Here's me 8+3

Attachments

• IMAG1209.jpg
    IMAG1209.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 9
Puppy mine's bloat, not bump and I don't want to photograph it! My stomach used to be so flat. I don't mind a baby bump, but I hate the flab/bloat that has creeped in.

Not a chance!! Not until it's proper baby! Yours is fab tho pups :)

Ahhhh come on, mine's mostly left over stretch from Laura but if I think it's bump it makes things seem just a little more real and the MS seem worth it!

I agree Pups, yours is adorable! I promise, promise, promise to photograph when there is a bigger baby. I look forward to the day in fact!

croy - i keep forgetting you are in school, that would be so hard. how old are you? many people that I've seen on other forums under 35 don't get an NT scan, it's more for us oldies that i've heard.
i would much rather be young and not feel any need to have one!

heart - awesome to hear about another good scan! yes, get to another place and get that NT scan earlier. Mine is at 11+6
my husband has only been to 1 of my follie scans as he had his blood drawn at it months ago now...never been to any others. hopefully he will go to at least one! he just can't take off work.

pip - congrats on 18 weeks!

cute bump puppy! i will try and do one later, then you can see even more of my bruises.
mine is more bloat too, my Dr showed me where the babies were - they are lower and my bump is right under my belly button so they are well below the bump. but i'm 5'8" so it's longer there too :) lots of room

Awwww hopes :( I'm so glad I don't have to inject my tummy anymore. My bruises are still there and are quite colourful now, all yellow and red and green. lol

Pup - cute bump!! I have a lot of bloat by the end of the day but first thing in the morning I am still pretty much flat. My belly, below the belly button feels different but it doesn't look different really. I hope that things start to plump out soon! I ordered a belly band yesterday after my scan because my pants feel too tight to do up when i am sitting and now even standing up they can feel tight.

Hopeful - I'm a returning student, I am 33, no spring chicken! I think because of all my losses (5 before this) I want to know all that I can about this little one.

I am still feeling rough, hard to concentrate on my homework - harder when the telly is on, but still!!! ha ha!! I don't have any energy or desire to make lunch but I was feeling icky because I needed to eat so baby and me had a plate of left over mashed potatoes from the other day and some carrots dipped in Ranch, a cup of tea and some chocolate covered almonds. Not exactly covering all my nutritional requirements for the day but it was all that was easy to access in the fridge! Hope the hubs is up for making something good for dinner or getting take out from somewhere that has a good option for me!

I guess these bad days are just in the mix. I'll take it. But I am sure looking forward to that second tri I have heard about - isn't that when we start to glow?!

Right now, my hair is so greasy, my skin is awful, I am having hairs appear on my face and chin (where is that in the pregnancy books?) I look terrible. Bring on the glowing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->