PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Girls my new delightful pregnancy complaint today is an odd one. I can't seem to clear my throat, it feels like there's something stuck there. I keep trying to clear it and its making me cough which in turn makes me gag. Lol. I just coughed an peed a little :blush: so glamorous! Anyway, anyone have this? My throat is sore from the constant coughing and clearing :(

Lou, it depends on where you work. Technically my agency doesn't provide any paid leave. I can take 3 months off but it will be unpaid. Lovely. But I can use all of my sick time and vacation time in order to have some of it paid. It's pretty lame.

we get 12 weeks BUT, not all of it is paid, at least with my work. 6 weeks is covered for base pay (alot of my pay is commission as i'm in sales so i won't get that) but the 6 weeks paid is only because for part of it, short term disability pays some plus you have to use some paid time off days/

the last 6 weeks is unpaid - totally sucks. they say it's 12 weeks just because by law you have 12 weeks off and can return to your job.

day care is REALLY expensive, at least it is here. for a commercial place, it's $350/kid/week and for going to someone's home who does daycare, a place I called is $200/kid/week. I WISH I could get in there but she said with twins, it's really hard to find a place as she can have 8 kids, only 3 of them under 2 years old so if she has two 1.5 year olds, she can't take 2 babies. and the home daycares won't reserve spots so you have to just hope they have spots open when you need them

so minimum I would pay 1600/wk (USD, obviously ;) and max $2800/month which i will NOT do.

anyone else looked into daycare? DH makes me do it as he's so worried about money

puppy - i don't get that cough thing - i hope you can go back in for a check up soon!

heart - SO HAPPY FOR YOU! i'm not having sex this whole time...lol..

in canada- they get 1 YEAR off! wonder if any of it's paid? is that what you get in UK? AND, the husband can take it instead of the wife if they want to

Heart yippee!! My pic the same lol!!
I asked today with hubby as I'm quite up for sex! Lol but they told me no not till 13 weeks an come of progesterone to at 13 weeks! Xx

In the uk we get normally first month 90% of your salary an then something called statutory maternity pay from the government for 8 months I think it's about £550-600 per month so about $850-900 a month but you can take a further 3 months off unpaid. It's not a great salary but it's better than nothing!! Xx

I get a great maternity package working for the Nhs. I'll get almost full pay for 9 months with my salarie and smp. I can also take a further 3 months off but that's unpaid. I'm hoping to take the full 12 months off and dip into our savings if needs be.

I just didn't think It would be much different to the uk, I guess we are quite lucky, we get just under £500 a month for 9 months and the option of another 9 months unpaid. A year sounds pretty good in Canada tho!! I think in Germany you get nearer £1000 a month maternity. I guess it's best to save all your holiday up

Is it that much Davies yay it's more than I thought!!!

Embo - your package is very good!!!!

Congrats on the fab scans ladies, and pep on the boy news! Exciting times for this thread.

Wow, daycare is expensive!!! We are blessed to be able to have me be home with our baby. We got our mortgage just on hubby's earnings because I was going back to school and we wanted to have a family sometime. I know how lucky we are to be in this position, but I had no idea that it could be so expensive for day care. Have you looked into hiring a nanny, that might be less expensive and your kid/s would have individual attention. Plus you wouldn't have to take them and drop them off. Just a thought, I have no idea if that would be something you would consider or how it would compare cost wise, but I imagine if you hired someone for twins you wouldn't have to pay double in the same way you would fro twins in a day care. You would just quote and hourly rate and see who responded to your situation?

Here's my little alien :haha:

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/Tests/7b91299d.jpg

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/Tests/8c1fa689.jpg

I'm so jealous. We get such a crap deal in the US. I think I can take that short term disability for 6 weeks too. I forgot about that. I don't care, I'm taking as much time off as I need. My husband is worried about money, but we are very comfortable. Once he realizes how much daycare is, he might want me to stay at home anyway. It might end up saving us money!

So that is your reward in europe for putting up with some sketchy people in health care, having to wait for scans sometimes, etc. and we get screwed after they are born, lol.

Croy- I've thought about a nanny, but, we know some nannies around here and wouldn't want them watching our kids so we just don't trust people coming to our home. Maybe that will change... My family is 3 hours away otherwise they could help out. I'm going to make my mom take off a week or 2 off work to help in the beginning.
Daycare is cheaper in small towns but they charge so much in the city. Would be good money to have a daycare if you could stand watching 8 kids at once, I would have no clue how to handle all of that.

Heart- you have pics?

Awesome pic heart! She is waving at us. Or is it a thumb suck?

When I was little, I sucked my 2 fingers (pointer and middle) and my cousin sucked her thumb.

I used to be a nanny and charged $20 an hour. Granted I was a former pre-school teacher, was in my 30's and was in grad school. I was pretty trustworthy. It was a great job while in school.

The baby totally waved at me. It was so funny. It kept moving around and waving. It was surreal.

I was a big time thumb sucker!

Yup. I did it right after college for a few years. I loved it! My class was 12-24 month olds. It's a great age. I'm pretty well ready for motherhood. I've changed countless diapers, given so many bottles, put so many babies down for naps.

When I was a nanny, I had a 2 year old and then they had another baby, so I also had a newborn up until she was 1. Then I graduated from grad school and got a job, so I had to leave them. I'm well versed in newborns too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->