PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

No Davies you didnt upset me, i like any opportunity to rant against this bloody government, lol

Thanks puppy, how you feeling today?? I had a lovely nap 9-11am! Can't seem to do anything anymore x

HI
Just introducing myself.
Bex with one little boy 2.5 years first pregnancy born prematurely and then 5 losses the last one was partial molar when two sperm penetrate one egg.
Very very scared but can't stop trying Im 42 in May and time is running out.
It doesn't occupy my time full time now, well I work hard at trying not to let it. Thats me anyhow hoping Im pregnant right now won't know til Monday! Then I get scared!

I'm doing ok. Smells still getting to me, DH gave Laura some chicken crisps last night and my word they were awful! Lol. I'm ok with foods now, managed some cereals with milk this morning for the first time in weeks, been eating cereal dry.

How are you? X

Davies I really don't think you upset anyone. Not from what Ive read anyway. I completely agree. When people are in genuine times of trouble and need to claim that's fine but when you're defrauding the system it's completely out of order. I don't need to watch Jeremy Kyle to see it (hate that man!) I see it with my own eyes unfortunately.

My oh recently had to claim after losing his job. He was constantly justifying himself and completely embarrassed to be getting a pittiful £60 per week (approx) I was constantly reminding him that he's paid into the system from being 16 years old. He's almost 40 now!!! He's entitled to that money! He's just found out he's got a job though so he's over the moon. We thought we might have to move further down south at one point cos there just aren't many jobs here in design. So many places are being completely closed down, it's scary.

Ah embo fab news bout hubbys job! Great timing for you, my hubby has a building company an things got bad for him two years ago but touch wood its picking up slowly! He goes to work At 545 an last night got home 830pm he's working sat to but you got to take work whilst it's there. I completely agree its like maternity money we get we are entitekd I to have worked since 16 an have paid an wi work part time after so will claim my maternity benefit.
Puppy pleased your managing food bit more I have good bad days nausea not been anywhere near as bad! I just can't eat proper dinners or big lots of food! I just manage little bits I seem to have half a yoghurt half an apple etc can't eat a whole anything!!
I def couldn't eat chicken either yuk!! Xx

Hey 40yearoldmum :wave: I missed your post! Hope you get your bfp Monday :)

Hi 40, hope you get your BFP soon. I know lots of moms your age on this site. Time is ticking, but it's far from run out.

Davies, I understand what you meant about people milking the system. It happens here too. I love that we have benefits like this, so that we can use them when we need them. Not abuse them.

9 Babies, I'm sorry it wasn't good news. You've been through so much. Big hugs to you.

Fili, I wish you all the best today. I hope you can put this behind you soon and will be back here with your forever BFP very soon.

Hearty, so happy you had another great scan. I am so, so happy this finally happening for you. I just can't wait for the day when you can relax and enjoy this pregnancy, even a just a little.

I have to say, after reading here, it makes me very happy to be in Canada and delivering a baby. I get 93% of my salary for an entire year. I'm lucky because I work for the governement, but even with out my top-up, I would have an entire year off and get 40% of my salary. So have I convinced any of you to move to Canada yet? I'd love some real life bump buddies!!!

Well I'm off for another scan today. Just heard babies HB...it feels so strange to not be freaking out right now. Have a great day ladies, I'll update later.

Lol Round i hear that Canada is hard to get into? I know a few people who have moved or tried to and had years of vigorous forms and health tests. I don't know that i have the energy for all that! Lol.

My gramp's cousin lives in Port Hope, think it's in or near Ontario? They visited her a good few years back and i so want to go too but its an expensive trip and we don't currently have passports. Lol

Round that sounds nice!! Canada sounds lovely me an my hubby would love to move abroad but we have a st Bernard an I could never put her through it!! She's my first baby!! Plus I would miss my mum!!

Good luck with ur scan are you going to ask what it is or not? Sometimes they can tell now can't they? Xx

I no! Exciting!! That's quite big really considering was grain of rice few weeks back no wonder were so tired!! Just had a shower at 3 in afternoon!! Pjs all day!! Me an hubby going to our local pub tonight for bit of dinner! I love it all homemade an they do 2 for £10 or curry an a cobra for £5!! Not sure what I will eat but pub coke is what I want!! Oh an I think salted peanuts lol!! It's like a date I'm quite excited!! Just feel like we need a lil treat on reaching 11 wks!
We have so much going on right now having new boiler fitted next week my car is finally being fixed!! Lots to pay out for so I said lil trip to pub round corner for bit if homemade cooking will b lovely!! X

Sounds scrummy!! We're having pasta tonight. It's not really appealing though. I'm having a sicky, don't want food day!!

omg round - so jealous! 93%? i heard Canada is hard to move to too and it's only 6 or 8 hours north of me. canada is 1/2 of my sales territory and i LOVE my canadian customers.
if it was harder to get into the US, we wouldn't have so many milking the system ;) and like davies, i'm talking about those people who have kids on purpose for more govt money and aren't hard workers and no plans for jobs and like to screw over people who do work hard. a tiny example what happens here all the time is cab drivers who don't turn on their meters so they can charge whatever they want and pocket the money. that happens all the time here. they drop you off and say, 'oh i forgot to turn on my meter' and just tell you how much they want.

40 - so hoping you are preg!

davies- welcome to 11 weeks and a lime! i keep thinking limes aren't that small are they? not huge, but not small...

9b - sorry for all the bs but I'm SO glad you aren't with him anymore

I no scary, nice size limes!! Hopeful how u feeling today any better?? Embo soz u feel sicky I am hungrrrrrryyyy!! Lol.

The only thing I've managed is a bagel with phili and a cup of decaf tea. It's not sitting well in my tummy tho!
I just went in the back room for my keys and almost :sick: cos I could smell the cat litter! Bleurghhhh!!

hi davies - i'm doing good today! not many symptoms so of course, a little nervous about that ;) hardly any more ligament pains, just when i picked up my laptop in the bag i felt a few little twinges. ate a TON of breakfast way too fast and now just feeling bloated. eggs, toast, hashbrowns, sauasage - they call it the all-american - like you don't eat that kind of breakfast over there ;)

Benefits rant lol here is mine x when I was a single parent of 2 before I met my hubby I was working full time making 300-400 a week an child tax gave me 150 a week! I was loaded lol even managed to buy myself a brand new car lol a micra but still a car ( that was in 03 still got that car) anyway now I'm married with 3 kids I only work part time an hubby works full time an I'm so much worse off it does not pay to be a normal working family it's shocking!

Apart from really sore (.)(.) today I feel quite good I'm glad because we are celebrating my daughters 18th tonight with a Chinese but no other symptoms worries me they only thing keeping me same as most of you said the same at my stage an I keep reminding myself my other pregnancies were all different roll on next week to put me put of my misery an let me actually be happy about being pregnant xxxx

Oh thought I'd add this my friend has just had a baby so has went from 400 a wk to 128 mat pay her hubby is a self employed carpet fitter but has a crushed disc so is off sick x he is not entitled to anything! Their rent an council tax is 100 a wk an the are getting £1.29 a wk help! So they are expected to live on £27 obviously now baby here they will be entitled to child benefit an tax credits but prob won't be that much don't know how the government expect them to live on that! They are stressed an this has taken the joy of there new baby away!

Lol rant over xxx

Just phoned council. They're helping us with our rent and council tax. Lol. £67/wk rent and £2/wk c.tax. wow! Pffffft

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->