PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Squig - I am, too. I've taken it previous pregnancies and am taking it to be on the safe side this time. I haven't seen a doctor yet. And I'm 42 - we have a natural decrease in progesterone as we age, so if that's the case, I didn't want to take any chances.

Marple - that is so interesting. How do we get different information when it has to be scientific? Good grief. I'm going to go look it up. Maybe my doctor had outdated info?

Oh my word! Lots of conflicting information and some really sad stories as well. I wish I wouldn't have looked it up!

I don't want to jinx myself here, but I feel like I might be getting over the morning sickness. I was terribly bloated after Thanksgiving - looked six months pregnant - and read a thread on here where someone said if they ate low carb they were fine but if they ate carbs they bloated up a lot. I went low carb the last three days and it went way down and my stomach pain got so much better. This morning I had carbs for breakfast because my energy was depleted and am eating low carb the rest of the day. I am feeling really good! I actually cleaned the downstairs family room - turned over the couches and vacuumed underneath, and wiped down all the furniture as well - and this is the first day I don't feel desperate for a nap. I so hope I'm coming out of the first trimester yuck!

I've been told 12 weeks for stopping the progesterone and read elsewhere that the placenta takes over between 8 to 12 weeks?

Not much nausea in this pregnancy, but I am feeling a bit rubbish and the same as I did a few weeks ago, hopefully it will be OK. I'm not sure if it's the progesterone but I'm grumpy. Felt that way with my rainbow but some of the other pregnancies I felt great, maybe because the hormones weren't high enough?

Jules, glad you are feeling better.

Thanks, Marple!

Blue - sorry you are feeling rubbish. I have been fighting emotions, too. Most of my pregnancies I would cry at the drop of a hat. This time I am grumpy and don't like people very much. :shy::shrug: I was like that with one other pregnancy as well. Oh the hormones. :roll:

Jules, I feel like a dragon this time around.

I had a scan today and I'm measuring 7w2d, give or take a couple of days. It was an abdominal scan, which I was surprised about, so think they aren't as accurate this early? I'm a bit worried as they dated me as 5 weeks at a scan 3 weeks ago, but it was a transvaginal one and if it is a couple of days out, that would make me 7w5d / nearly 8 weeks. Maybe I wasn't quite 5 at the first one.

I wouldn't worry about 2-3 days at this point, I think that can be normal. I think I had trans-vag scans until 9 weeks though.

I have my 32 week scan tomorrow, I can't believe it! She was pretty darn big at the 28 week scan (81st percentile), so it will be interesting/scary to see if that trend has continued.

Blue - I've heard there is a difference between the two ultrasounds, so I wouldn't worry about it. Was the heart rate good? They always did internal scans through most of the first tri with me, too.

Marple - that seems so close to the end. That means you are due next month. Wow! Is this your first? If not, were your other babies normal in size?

Blue - I've heard there is a difference between the two ultrasounds, so I wouldn't worry about it. Was the heart rate good? They always did internal scans through most of the first tri with me, too.

Marple - that seems so close to the end. That means you are due next month. Wow! Is this your first? If not, were your other babies normal in size?

Yes, she is my first baby to make it past the first trimester, so excited and nervous! We are supposed to induce around 1/22.

Congratulations on 32 weeks and on your first baby, Marple!

Last pregnancy I had a tv scan at 8 weeks, surprised they did an abdominal this time. They saw the heartbeat but they don't tell you the heart rate, they were happy with the scan, it's me worrying again as they saw the yolk sac three weeks ago which you can't see until 5 weeks? I guess that they aren't that accurate, plus with it not being a tv scan, it's even more inaccurate

Oh my gosh, ladies, baby is up to 85th percentile now! Doctor is totally not worried but I kind of am. LOL.

I had my appointment today. My dating scan is scheduled for Thursday morning. I found out my insurance doesn't cover the Harmony test. My next option is an amniocentesis, but my husband doesn't want me to do that since there is a very tiny chance of miscarriage. The last option is the nuchal translucency test, which my doctor didn't feel was a good option as it doesn't give a definite result and can give false results. I am 42, so it's hard thinking of going through this whole pregnancy and not knowing if something is wrong. I know three women who had babies in their 40's that were down syndrome. One is my sister in law, who gave birth at 42. I would really want to be prepared if that is my reality.

She charted me as high risk for three things - age, having cholestasis in a previous pregnancy, and having hypertension in a previous pregnancy. Also, my blood work came back saying I was slightly anemic. She said that will probably get worse in pregnancy, so I need to start supplementing now. And my urinalysis came back a little off. She said I was dehydrated and that I should consider having several small high-protein snacks a day. Anyone know why she would suggest that?

She did find the heart beat on the doppler at 155-160. I look forward to seeing the wee one Thursday morning!

Marple - how do they estimate the size of the baby? I don't remember being told any percentiles before, but maybe my office didn't check it. It's good the doctor isn't worried, but I'd be a little anxious if my baby was measuring large. Gotta push that little one out!

Blue - they have my ultrasound scheduled as an abdominal followed by an internal scan. Talk about weird!

Marple - how do they estimate the size of the baby? I don't remember being told any percentiles before, but maybe my office didn't check it. It's good the doctor isn't worried, but I'd be a little anxious if my baby was measuring large. Gotta push that little one out!

The ultrasound tech tells me a size which her software calculates based on a bunch of different measurements she takes. The estimated weight right now is 4 lbs, 13 oz! DH has thought all along that we might be 2 weeks further than estimated, but the doctor doesn't really seem to think so (though she didn't dismiss it entirely). The tech said it's not like her head is huge, she's rather long too (18 inches I think?) We are not a particularly tall family, so who knows...

My insurance did not cover my $10K in genetic testing, but I only ever got a bill for $49. They wrote off the rest. Did you talk to your doctor about that possibility? My genetic testing was done with NxGen, and the bill I got shows the write-offs as "PA" -- patient assistance eligibility adjustment. I don't know if that has to do with the way the doctor sent in the order or if they do it for everybody whose insurance rejects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->