PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Jules, if you were dehydrated maybe she assumes it’s from nausea/vomiting? That’s probably why she recommended snacks like that.
And no way! I had cholestasis in my last pregnancy too! It’s scary to be high risk but the extra monitoring is also comforting. I’m so sorry your ins won’t cover the testing. Mine won’t cover harmony either. I ended up doing nuchal translucency last time but I’m not considered older aged for pregnncy. Is paying out of pocket an option?

TTC- they said it's a $2,000-3,000 test. I can't see justifying that much money from our budget for it.

Jules, hopefully all is well but wouldn't your 20 week scan show anything up which would give you time to prepare? Hope all is good with your scan today!

Blue, I'd have thought the abdominal scan would be a bit inaccurate at this stage. If you're getting another, maybe ask for TV?

Lovely that your rainbow is only several weeks away from arrival, Marple! My second baby was much bigger than the first, she kept going up the centiles. I had a section so I didn't have to push her out, but I figure they can't all be the small babies!

Squig - hopefully! Unfortunately it didn't work that way for my sis in law. Her baby was diagnosed after birth. I hope my 20 week scan is conclusive.

Last edited:
Jules, sorry they don't cover Harmony, it is a lot to think about. I'm 38 so I worry too. We have the nuchal fold plus a blood test in the UK normally on our national health service. We can pay privately for Harmony if we want.

Marple, that is big, is it on a scan as they often measure bigger than they are? Mine did, and so did a friend's, hers was predicted to be 11lbs! He was 10lbs in the end.

I checked the measurements from my first scan, they saw the yolk sac, which was very early, but the gestational sac was 4mm which was spot on for 4 weeks.

Jules, sorry they don't cover Harmony, it is a lot to think about. I'm 38 so I worry too. We have the nuchal fold plus a blood test in the UK normally on our national health service. We can pay privately for Harmony if we want.

Marple, that is big, is it on a scan as they often measure bigger than they are? Mine did, and so did a friend's, hers was predicted to be 11lbs! He was 10lbs in the end.

I checked the measurements from my first scan, they saw the yolk sac, which was very early, but the gestational sac was 4mm which was spot on for 4 weeks.

I think it's really common for these genetic testing companies to agree to settle for a small amount with you, that's what I found in my internet research when I first got my terrifying $10,000 explanation of benefits from the insurance company. My doctor said she knew all along I was going to be billed $49. They then tested my husband for the 3 disorders I have markers for, and that $1100 bill was also written off and they asked me for another $49.

She sure is big! I am hoping the estimates turn out to be wrong, but my nurse and doctor both said "Judy [the tech] is really good." :shock:

Good - due date June 22nd, so it didn't change from the first one they gave me. Baby was bouncing around all over in there. It's amazing I can't feel it. The heartbeat was up at 174. I've had a fever for the last 24 hours or so. Apparently we have the adenovirus in our house and it's my turn to have it.

Blue - when are you due?

Marple - when is your next appointment?

Jules, congratulations on your scan! Can you speak to your doctor to see if they would write off the genetic testing charges?

Marple, have they considered a c-section if she is very big?

I think I'm due in July but I haven't calculated it. Last pregnancy I folded over the bit of paper with the due date on until I got to 12 weeks and the not knowing helped my anxiety. This time I've been planning what to do after a scan if it does/doesn't work out and I'm finding that helps too. Feeling like it's not happening does help me.

Jules, congratulations on your scan! Can you speak to your doctor to see if they would write off the genetic testing charges?

Marple, have they considered a c-section if she is very big?

I think I'm due in July but I haven't calculated it. Last pregnancy I folded over the bit of paper with the due date on until I got to 12 weeks and the not knowing helped my anxiety. This time I've been planning what to do after a scan if it does/doesn't work out and I'm finding that helps too. Feeling like it's not happening does help me.

Well I know they prefer not to do a c-section for people taking blood thinners, so it hasn't been mentioned to me, but I'm sure it's possible if things don't go well.

Thanks, Jules. Forgot to say, hope you are feeling better now?

Marple - hopefully it will be straightforward and you won't need a c-section

Thanks, Jules. Forgot to say, hope you are feeling better now?

Marple - hopefully it will be straightforward and you won't need a c-section
I'm on day four of a fever, but it's stayed under 101 so I think it's okay. I've been drinking so much water and I think that's helping my body manage the temp.

I'm on day four of a fever, but it's stayed under 101 so I think it's okay. I've been drinking so much water and I think that's helping my body manage the temp.

You poor thing. If you're feeling sore throat and/or clogged nose, my favorite treatment is Thai Tom Yum Goong soup, if you can handle the heat and you have Thai delivery near you. Between the vitamin C in the lime and chile, and the chile itself, it will cure all that ails you, IMO. If you don't like the heat, then there's always good old Jewish penicillin (chicken soup). It really helps. Get well soon!

Thanks, Blue. Yesterday was my first day fever free. Still congested and coughing a lot but so glad that fever is gone. It wiped me out. :nope:

Mind if I join you? It's been such a long journey it feels strange to say I'm pregnant. But right now, I am. 5 weeks. It took a long time to even think about ttc after losing our son and even longer to get past all the health hurdles and decisions of using donor eggs but here we are. Am at higher risk for ectopic so now the 6wk ultrasound is the next thing to focus on. Will read and catch up on your stories. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->