PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Welcome and congrats! I'm sorry about your losses and wish you all the best with this little one. What day is your scan?

Thanks for the welcome. Just one week away on the 19th. Every twinge or pang will have me freaking out till then!

I had thought I would do the Harmony test last time as well till I read that a lot of women get "inconclusive" as a result. For what it's worth, the pathology for my natural pregnancy at 43 was genetically normal.

Thanks for the welcome. Just one week away on the 19th. Every twinge or pang will have me freaking out till then!

I had thought I would do the Harmony test last time as well till I read that a lot of women get "inconclusive" as a result. For what it's worth, the pathology for my natural pregnancy at 43 was genetically normal.

Welcome!

Have you had the genetic tests on yourself? My recurrent early miscarriages are thought to have been caused by some combination of my Factor V Leiden gene, PCOS, and thyroid disease. Nobody can exactly pin one on any of those, but it’s 3 risk factors, lucky me. I was only able to have one mis tested, and it was also normal.

I was very nervous about getting bad news from my NexGen tests on baby and me this time, but ended up glad I did it. My results were conclusive, baby perfect, I’m a carrier for one more random rare disease (but DH is not so it’s OK). It was also nice to know I’m having a girl as early as 12 weeks.

Jules, glad you are feeling better!

Futurebbmoma, welcome! I'm sorry for the loss for your son, that have been so hard. Good luck with this pregnancy, fingers crossed for your 6 week ultrasound.

Hi Jules, thanks, I'm OK. Worried about my next scan on Monday, I don't enjoy this part of it as mine were all MMCs. I'm already showing at 9 weeks! How are you?

Big hugs Blue, it's nerve wracking, 4 of my losses including my son we're MMC too. Hope all is well on Monday.

Jules, hope you're fully recovered now?

Marple, I was on blood thinners for both my successful pregnancies but had planned sections for both. Just had to stop taking the blood thinners a certain length of time ahead.

Futurebb, welcome. I hope thispregnancy is successful for you. So sorry to see you lost your son at 15 weeks. What happened? I lost a son nearly 4 years ago now (how is it so long?) at 21 weeks. It's very tough going.

Squig - Mostly! Last night I actually slept through the whole night without waking. So thankful!

Blue - I will be watching for your update. Only a few more days. Will you feel out of the woods after that? Well, as much as PARL girls can? I hate the waiting. So much.

I'm showing, too. It's been interesting trying to hide this pregnancy. We were going to wait until the 20 week ultrasound just to see if we could get more answers, but I don't think I could hide it that long. I called the Harmony test place today and they said if you fill out the test form and in the payment section instead of filling out insurance, you write Patient Self Pay Hipaa, they have to abide by your patient privacy rights and not run it through insurance, so it goes directly to the company and your billed amount is $299. So much more doable than $2,000-$3,000 if it goes through insurance. I have a call in to the doctor's office to see if I can have the test run after all and do it this way. I will let you girls know if it works.

Thanks, Squig. I can't believe it's been four years either :hugs:

Jules, glad you can get Harmony for $299, it's much less.

I will feel more out of the woods if it goes OK,I never got past 8 weeks 1 day before LO

Hey all! I love that this board is getting some use again. It got me through some pretty tough times over the years and it made me sad that it was pretty quiet for so long.

I'll catch up on all the news but I'm rarely on BnB these days and just thought I'd pop in to see what's going on here.

Blue and Jules-congrats! I didn't know you were both expecting. Lovely to see that things are going okay.

Future-I haven't ever had any answers from testing they've done after my losses. It's super frustrating and disheartening because even though we know some of my other issues (hormone imbalances, thyroid issues, and a genetic disorder that causes clotting issues and folate deficiency), we don't know every piece to the puzzle. Hang in there and FX this is your sticky sticky rainbow.

That's great news, blue!

Each week is a milestone at this point.. I honestly kept pinching myself until something like 17 weeks.

Hello ladies

I am stalking this thread (in silence so far). I am
6weeks and 5 days with what is hopefully my second rainbow.

I have a DD who is 5 and a second DD who is almost 10 months. I had 3 MMCs between having DD1 and having DD2 (all between 8 and 10 weeks and in the course of 12 months).

We then had every test under the sun done and nothing wrong found with me. OH has very high sperm DNA fragmentation (between 40 and 50%), which according to studies more than doubles the risk of miscarriage.

This basically means I am about 50/50 to have another miscarriage. I haven't had any scans so far, as they have all been due to chromosomal issues with the embryo, and sometimes not seen until 9-10 weeks.

I am trying to be philosophical about it and just think that what will be will be, and I have no control over it.... I have quite bad morning sickness at the moment, but with me and with my history I know it's not a sign of anything.

I will keep you all updated and keeping fingers crossed for you :)

Glad you joined us, Sweet. You are in the worst part - the dreaded sickness and waiting time. I hope this trimester goes quickly for you.

I was able to get the Harmony test this morning. It took a bit as I had to explain to three different people why I was billing it as patient cash pay and putting Hipaa in the place where you usually put the insurance name. But they each understood and accepted it and let me get the testing done. I'm glad there is a way to get around insurance. They should be helping me to get tests done, not keeping me from it. When they charge $2,000 more for the test than the company itself, I can't see how they are helping me at all. :roll: I should get the results in 10 days, but with Christmas next week, I'm expecting it to take longer.

Thanks everyone!

Jules, glad you have Harmony now.

Dairy, thank you! Hope you get your answers soon

Future, good luck for tomorrow.

Sweetkat, keeping everything crossed for you

Blue, I wanted to love your update, not just like it!

Good luck sweetkat.

Hope all is well tomorrow, Future.

Glad you're sleeping better now Jules & were able to get the harmony test. Hope the result is good.

Thanks, Squig.

Good luck with Harmony, Jules.

Future, hope your scan has gone well today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back