PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

haha thats Ned the donkey! hes at a local farm near us. He loves to smile haha...

and tell me about it. 1 month has flown by! scary how much shes changed aswell :(

Aww I bet your hubby will be such an amazing dad! :cloud9: but I think the men get off very lightly in all this lol!

dont be to sure. I overheard my OH telling his friend just how hard it was to watch me go through so much pain in labour and knowing he couldnt do a damn thing to help me but hold my hand. he hated it so much. ;)

heart - big congrats on 12 weeks :happydance:
you must be on :cloud9:
So happy for you :hugs:

Thanks Sunny. You must be too!

When is your next scan? Are you going to continue going back to England for scans?

Does anyone else have new scan dates they want me to add to the front page?

i am relieved, but i know i'm not out the woods just yet, i've got another scan next friday 27th, then they said none after that until 12 weeks *eek

Not sure i'm happy about that, but i'll see what happens and how i feel next friday, i might go back to fuerteventura for that month (if i feel brave enough) then come back for my 12 week scan and stay in the uk then, my partner has a job interview tomorrow so depends when they need him to start.

here's my pic :happydance: got a big lecture about how they dont give pics an they donr allow cameras then she handed me pic like it was made of gold an sternly said put that in your bag do not take it out till you leave car park you have to understand most women here are having mc's! eh yeah ive been one of them a few times obviously im not gonna go out a wave it about but surely i should be allowed my moment x scan was really quick but enough to see alls well x only thing nurse said was sac looks quite tight (should i worry?) but nurse said was most probably because my bladder was so full! it was i was in agony thought id pee myself x nearly pee'd for scotland when i got to go lol xx

Attachments

• jan 2012 sort 073.jpg
    jan 2012 sort 073.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
congrats on your scans embo and sunny x great news today x

heart my next scan is 16th feb xxx

tracie she is gorgeous x thanks for sharing x

heart- i would make a hair appt after each mc too! then i would tell her what happened, again...she doesn't know i'm preg now. got my hair cut this time from a friend that cuts hair and does it for free.

The girl i used to have cut my hair and still have her highlight it used to charge 75 for a cut and now it's 150! haven't had her cut it since and highlights are 95 for partial and 135 for full i think?
she is really good though, she was on a hairdresser reality show on bravo - shear genius.
i thought about highlights too as they use all natural stuff but i don't know if i can stand the smell of it as it still smells a little if i remember?

wish my hair was as long as yours! mine was about to my boobs and now is a little below my shoulders.

how can you tell where your uterus is? (lol, i know the general area)

Sunny, I'll update the front page. It's so scary going so long without a scan. Get yourself a doppler. It's still too early to use right now, but in a few weeks you can use it and it will help you get through to the next scan.

Mrskg, that is such a cute pic! I can see the little eyes looking out at us! I can't believe they treated you like that. They should be thrilled to give women pics, especially after recurrent losses. Good for you for standing up for yourself! I'll update your next scan too!

Woo-hoo!!!

lol told her i wanted it for hubby as he wasnt there but i more wanted it to share with all you ladies :blush:

Hopeful, my uterus has been rounder right at my pubic bone for a while now. I can feel a little difference between where that stops and where my abdomen starts. I really can't explain it. I know that adenomyosis can make a uterus bigger. I wonder if mine is a little bigger because of it. Not sure.

Wow, that's expensive for a cut and highlights! My cut and color combined is $150. And I get mine done in SF where everything is expensive. But I'm getting foil highlights today and I know those are more expensive. I don't even care, I need my hair done. It's my 12 week treat to myself.

I bet you'll get used to the length in a week or so. I always think a cut looks best after a week. And don't forget that pregnancy makes your hair grow faster. So you'll have long hair again before you know it.

mrsk lovely pic to funny wee`d for scotland that made me laugh so pleased all ok xx
hi ladies hows everyone??
My hubby going out tonight!!! I had a moan as my car still not back from garage so i have been in all week really bored! Havent been shopping plys we have to pay out for my car! were also having a new boiler fitted next week £1500 and i havent done a weekly shop yet! an all bills come out next week!! He works hard an i no that he will sort it, its just hes going out for a guy that works with him to wet his babies head!! There all young guys going an i no pete will just end up buying loads of drinks!!! Just winds me up!! I fancy a nice cuddle on sofa instead im gonna have a pissed beer smelling husband!! Yuk!!!

Anyway had like ovary pain today in right ovary anyone else had it almost like ov pain!!
I have my doppler to keep me sane!! lol xxx

Davies, that could be round ligament pain. I actually googled to see where the round ligaments were and saw lots of anatomy pictures. It turns out the ligaments kind of wrap around the ovaries. So I'm guessing that's what you are actually feeling. They ligaments stretch to make room for baby. And usually you'll feel one side and then at other time you'll feel the other side. I've definitely had sensations like that. It's weird.

My husband went out last night. I asked him if he would sleep on the couch so he wouldn't wake me when he got home! But he climbed into bed anyway. Luckily I only woke up for a second. Beer breath is awful!

Congrats embo, sunny and mrsk :wohoo:

Heart...happy 12 weeks :yipee: must feel like a dream to reach that elusive 12 week mark :cloud9:

Puppy...I think you need to get checked out again...not right :nope:

Good to see everyone getting on so well :flower:

Nothing new really..knackered..feeling sick and scan on 3/2/12 and 23/2/12. :coffee:

XxX

Hi everyone!

Congratulations sunny, Embo and MrsK on your lovely scans!!! :happydance:
Mrs, in my hospital's epu they have the same policy where the sonographer tells you to hide your scan picture in your pocket until you are off the ward. I have to say I agree with it. One time when I found out about another loss I had to sit in the waiting room for ages and wait to see the doctor. The sonographer that day forgot to ask people to put their scan pictures away and I felt so awful sitting knee to knee (really tight waiting room) with two couples cooing over their pictures and grinning at each other.

This policy is only for the epu, by the way, and mainly because about half the ladies there tend to come out with bad news. In the antenatal clinic and at the official 12/20 week scan place they don't mind you carrying your pictures out with you in your hand.

Fili, this may just be valid for my case, but Prof Regan specifically told me not to fly when pregnant. I did have a European flight to take back the day after my bfp this time round, though :blush: and ducky is fine. But generally, since I spoke to her I took measures to no longer fly in pregnancy (I got a letter from the Prof to show to work so I wouldn't go on any business trips and any travel with DH is by car).
She did say that there was no proof that flying could be dangerous but in my case with my history she said it was just not worth the risk if I could avoid it.
Argh, I'm such a Debbie Downer sometimes - soooooorry!

I do have some good news today, though: I had my 20-week scan! My placenta is in the wrong place (blocking the exit) but ducky passed all the tests with flying colours! We had a great detailed view of his heart beating away :cloud9: and confirmation again that he still has boy bits :winkwink:

https://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/petitpas/2012-01-20200Ducky1.jpg

https://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/petitpas/2012-01-20200Ducky2.jpg

Oh god, Puppy, I must have missed your post. I just read back. I agree with Andrea, can you get checked again? It seems to me like you would benefit from very close monitoring just in case. You poor thing.

Andrea, I'll update the front page with your scan dates. Yay!

Anyone else have dates they want to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->