PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I think Catherine of Aragon had some sort of clotting disorder because she lived a relatively healthy long life didn't she? If Henry got Syphillis I reckon it was after catherine when he decided to look around! That's my humble opinion anyway!

Good theory Fili, Catherine had a clotting disorder. Sounds like she needed some blood thinners! She lived a relatively long life but Henry ousted her and put her in an awful place where she got sick and died.

I imagine he got syphilis after Catherine. He slept with a lot of women!

This is really interesting. I use study Henry VIII and go to Hampton Court Palace about once every school year, and didnt know half of this :flower:

See how much you can learn here! We're not only fertile, we're smart too!

Yeah we are! I love history of any kind really! I espeiclly love learning about how my ancesters lived in the early 1900's and looking at old photos!

My old doc rang me today bless him to confirm he will treat me with heparin and aspirin even if St marys don't find the second result abnormal. He said he thinks I should be on it anyway.

That is fantastic news Fili! That just confirms to me that you should start trying right away.

Fili,
I didn't know that about Audrey Hepburn... The one I keep hearing about (very famous in my mother's youth) was Sophia Loren who had a number of miscarriages. Every time she fell pregnant she put herself on strict bedrest and in the end it worked: she had her child!
Great news on the heparin prescription from your nice doc! :yipee:

Puppy, I hadn't heard that one :rofl: reminds me of the Pope who was supposedly a girl. I have heard that there is a special chair in Vatican City that every new Pope has to sit on. It has a hole in the seat (similar to a toilet) and there is a room underneath from where he gets checked to make sure he has all the bits :rofl:

Heart, yeay for sleeping properly - it makes such a difference!!!

Tracie, that bump is incredible! Very beautiful and awe-inspiring :cloud9:

Jen, we are off to the French Alps where my husband is from. I hope he'll go skiing while I chill out with a book in front of a fire or on the balcony :D

Mrsk, sorry, I've been battling with a cough since Christmas but my doctor said take nothing :wacko:

I too slept really well last night heart. It really does make a difference. I woke up in the best mood ever!

I haven't tried my Doppler again. I've grown to hate it and I really don't want to upset myself again. I didn't realise how badly I thought it was over until after id had my scan. I truely thought I'd be going through another loss today!

Thanks for the history lesson. When I was picking my options at school I had to choose between Geography or History. I chose Geography!!

I am finally ordering my doppler today. I was wondering if I would feel he need to get one after seeing everything is ok at the 12 week scan, but last nigth I did something stupod. I ate a pickled onion, in itself that usually wouldn't be a problem but since I found out I was preggo I have been eating gluten free just in case that was having anything to do with the m/c is has been linked to recurrent m/c. And pickled onions are not gluten free. I knew it, but I couldn't resist and I have been debating whether I would stay gf after 12 weeks anyway because I really don't think it is an issue for me I was just being over cautious and trying everything. All fine and good until I eat that one pickled onion and suddenly I am convinced I have hurt the baby and its all going to be dove. I am overthinking every cramp and twinge (yes, even more than usual - I know, I didn't think that would have been possible either?!) and am so paranoid, I think I would be up the doctors getting checked if I had to wait another 3 weeks for the next appointment. So doppler it is.

Heart I am using the same place you put the link up to. Did you say you got a little bottle of the gel stuff when you ordered it, and should I get more when I order it, or did you girls find something else that worked just as well?

Stupid pickled onion. so not worth it. and seeing how stressed it made me, I decided to stay gluten free until this baby is here. Hubby is convinced everything is ok, especially since baby is as far along as it is, he said this morning, that probably the only effect was that it might have some onion breath! But I want to hear the heart beat, and I get relief I didn't hurt it. Poor baby. It might be a long few days until it gets here!

Boooooo to geography embo!! I couldn't find my way out of a biscuit tin!! Luckily I
Never teach it!

I started looking into it when a friend who had had a couple of early m/c was diagnosed with celiac. They have found a link between gluten intolerance and recurrent m/c. I never got tested, but I thought it couldn't hurt, and now I am pregnant i stopped eating it. It takes about 3 months to fully get out of your system, and you have to be 100% Gluten free to see a difference if you have intolerance because it is an autoimmune disease not a food allergy like the other ones. You should get tested. You can't get the test after you stop eating gluten.

I just thought it was an interesting possibility. About 80% of people who have a gluten intolerance don't know it so it could be worth checking it out just in case.

As I said, I was GF for a year when we were trying, and then went off the diet right before we got pregnant - and then had to stop again! I never got tested, but my doctor said it can't hurt to eliminate it. I just hope I didn't hurt the bubs with that stupid onion!

Oh that's imteresting, I really wouldn't worry about the onion though is so small it's very unlikely probably impossible to have made a difference don't worry Hun x x x oh might get the test then.

Fili - I've heard this too. I went to see a naturopath the month before I got pregnant and the first thing she did was take me off all glueten. I tried it for a month and it really wasn't too bad.

I feel as though after as many losses as we have had, it's worth testing for anything that might be an issue!

Thanks for the reassurance about the onion! I am really praying that it's ok.

Hi girls and bumps!!

A quick question for you if you wouldn't mind helping me out....

Lots of you are close to or over 12 weeks now (congrats by the way!!)

Would you mind sharing what you did differently this time around? Good to know what treatments if any are working! Xx

Bumpy, the only things I've done differently this time are taken pregnare care plus for a month before bfp and used progesterone from after bfp.
I've tried to stay calm and not get worked up because Ive always worried about the adrenaline/cortisol highs and lows!!

Bumpy - I have been gluten free for this pregnancy, and on dexamethason, steroid (since BFP) for cortisol suppression - I am also on Progesterone 200mg x 2 daily (since 3dpo), and baby aspirin (since BFP).

I also did a restorative yoga position for an hour - at least - every day for my 2WW and the first few weeks of pregnancy. I am not sure if that made a difference, but I am further along than ever before.
Good luck!

Croy- first off, a pickled onion? I haven't puked once and now am reconsidering, lol. Yu have NOT hurt your baby at all! I tried gluten free for a couple of days as I had read those articles too and I stopped because I couldn't stand the food. :) you are fine!!! I was so worried a few weeks ago when I ate luncheon meat on a sandwich.
I would have to guess that the gluten free thing would potentially help with implantation issues, not have an effect later on .

Of course, I understand the worry though as I worry all the time about stuff and don't really have to worry about because we will be fine.

Bumpy- before I found you all on these threads, I was on a few other sites, the first being babycenter. They have an undiagnosed rpl thread and last sept, I asked that very same question, what did you do differently to get bfp to stick? And nobody had any answers but not many people even post to the entire undiag rpl thread in general. A couple of girls wanted answers too. So not too long ago I answered my own question, I can't believe I was able to answer it just 2.5 months after I posted it as a girl named Katie asked about it as she is newly Preg after several losses too.

I post there as much as I can (to rpl chicks in babycenter ) as many of the drs in the states don't seem to do empiricle treatments and I just think you have to try everything you can after so many unexplained losses. Every once in a while a girl with rpl will chime in and say, none of those treatments have been thoroughly tested but really , who the fuck is going to test rpl girls on empiricle treatment enough times for concrete conclusions when there are so many variables. Sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands. I was so depressed I would have taken ANYTHING to finally have a child. Even if the thought of giving myself stinging shots and steroids freaked me out.

Here's my reply:

so far so good here so I can actually answer my own question, I'm about 10 wks preg with twins. First time I've ever had heartbeats and good ultrasounds, here's what I did:

Stim meds follistim, repronex, ganirelix, stimmed for 15 days, iui cd17, out of 3-5 possible follies that were 10 - 15 mm 3 days before iui, I had 6 mature and release. My clinic counts 15 mm as mature with these stim meds.

I have mthr hetero a1298c which is the very common one that is least harmful and alot of folic acid and baby asp are the protocol for it (as its inefficiency of processing folic acid) so I take both Neevo dha and metanx as with both it's about 4 mg lmethyfolate (easy form of folic acid to absorb) . I also take 2000 iu vit d3, baby asp, vit b supercomplex, another dha pill, 20 mg prednisone and 40 mg lovenox daily. Also 50 mg progesterone suppository. I don't have a clotting disorder. Will be going off lovenox around 13 wks, weaning of prednisone through 18 wks and off prog around 14 weeks. I will be on baby asp throughout.
This is the first time I had ever gotten to the heartbeat stage and they are doing great! The clinic I go to has had a lot of success with this treatment for unexplained recurrent early losses.
I started progesterone at 48 hours piui, lovenox and prednisone at bfp (11 dpiui) and was on the rest of the vitamins, etc for months.
Keep in mind i get preg pretty easily without meds and iuis, we were just going for the best possible chance and eggs although they didn't think I had an egg quality issue.
And I did acupuncture for a month before the iui, they specialize in rpl/ if and went twice/ wk until bfp now I go once per week

EDIT: I also went to the chiropractor twice the week and a half before iui to make sure I was all alligned.

I really appreciate all this info too but you've all mentioned it before so I'm going to write down this page number so I don't ask any of you again! Memory like a goldfish, me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->