PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

So hopeful, when 6 were released you mean 6 had the potential to fertilise and implant but that would be unlikely?

Croy - when r u going off steroids?

and thanks for the history lesson girls! I'm a science person and didn't get into history that much.

I'm finding online that age related downs risk at 36 is around 1:250 or so, so I'm guessing they divided my numbers by 2 for my results, arent they the best ? ;) that would make sense with my age related risk being 1: 130

Pip- French alps sounds so romantic! Bet your dh has a nice accent too, my dh can speak some French as he took 4 yrs of it. I only had 1 quarter of French in college, didn't learn too much...but didn't know any of it before that.
Do we get to see your new hairdo in a new bump pic? I will never try and save a buck on. My hair again...

Heart- how did your hair turn out? Do you love it?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi fili! Yes, I had the potential for 6 babies! So I was scared but so desperate i would have done anything. One nurse practitioner that did 1 of my u/s thought she saw a third empty sac early on. None of the other scans saw it, so she was convinced I had the 2 embies plus a blighted ovum but who knows. She showed it to me too but I just thought it looked like part of one of the embies sacs but she sid it was behind it.

Fili- one of the girls on babycente has had similar mc as you, grow to heartbeats but beats are slow then they stop. She just got 7 th bfp today (no kids yet ) so I messages her to make sure and take at least lovenox but she is trying to get prednisone too. Her dr sucks, here in the states in Virginia. She just mc 2.5 months ago too...
She was planning on taking lovenox a least but didnt think she would get preg this soon. She hasn't taken any meds but maybe prog in the past.

Just got back from a long walk and some lunch with my husband. We lost power today for a few hours but luckily it's back on. Oh the horror if I couldn't log onto B&B!

Croy, I bought an extra thing of gel, but didn't realize it also came with gel. So I ended up with two. The tubes are really small and I've already used both. I read you can use any water based gels. Aloe Vera gel supposedly works. I'm going to buy some soon. I know that other women say they've used Baby Oil. I also saw a Baby Oil gel. I did read somewhere that the oil can be bad for the probe, so water based gel is better. I wouldn't worry about the onion. You are far enough along that I don't think that would affect anything.

Almost everything I eat has gluten! I don't think I have an intolerance. I hope not because I love it.

Hopeful, I do love my hair. The length is perfect. Still long but has some shape and looks healthy. The color is very subtle but looks natural and soft.

Bumpy, I took a thyroid med even though my thyroid was in the normal range at 2.61. They say for fertility and mc, they like to see it under 2.5. I also took Femara to Ov sooner and then the hcg trigger shot to force the ovulation to happen. I did IUI and then I took progesterone from Ov.

I'm feeling very irritable today. Since last night I've had this sensation on my right side in my uterus and can also feel something in my right hip and right lower back. This is a similar sensation I felt on the left when I had the bleeding. I keep expecting to see blood, but so far so good. It has me on edge. The sensation is very close to where I put the probe to hear the baby. I don't know if it is a normal feeling or not. It's very localized and has persisted since yesterday. It doesn't hurt, but I can notice it. I know that my adenomyosis means I have endometrial tissue stuck in my uterine wall. I wonder if that's what I'm feeling. I just wish it would go away. It's putting me in a very bad mood and I'm getting snappy with my husband. I told him to roll with it because it's due to my body and not anything personal.

Croy, fear not! You have a fully functioning placenta now which acts as a barrier between your baby and your immune system.
I'm so so sorry, I know you were seriously worried but I did have to laugh at the thought of one single pickled onion being the cause of an m/c. That would be an entirely new diagnosis!

Hey girls, I just wanted to let you know that the woman who posted yesterday, BlueBoo, had her scan yesterday and it was a mmc. :cry: She was 10 weeks but babe stopped growing at 7 weeks. She has found the RMC thread and is getting support there. I just wanted to let you know. She didn't want to bring the thread down with her news, but I thought you all might want to know.

So sorry, Blue :cry: I hope you get the answers you need to have a sticky baby very soon! In the meantime, take good care of yourself Xxx

So sorry blue, croy I don't think pickled onion will make u mc my lovely!? But I get ur fear! I still panic at thought of doing pelvic floors! Lol x

Hope everyday ok I'm very tired night all xx

You ladies are fab! I was laughing at myself, even in my panic moment! And hubby thought it was hilarious because I kept apologising about it.

I come off the progesterone and the steroids this Thursday. I need to confirm about the steroids with my fertility doc who prescribed them because my regular doctor hasn't used them for the reason they were prescribed me, and wanted me to confirm because I guess other steroids can be used for much longer into pregnancy - but I am 99% sure that the first doc told me I would be coming off them both together at the end of my 12th week.

I am feeling really irritable today. Hubby is getting right on my nerves, and he is truly not doing anything that awful, its like having bad PMS which i only have a had a couple of times but its strange! I know I am being irrational as I am getting frustrated but still, I just can't help it. Hope I can sleep it off!

Just got some bio oil at the store today to start applying, after all the stretch mark talk earlier I couldn't resist!

Ah, could it be that you are having the odd pregnancy rage moment? :haha: Love it!

I started weaning off my steroids at 12 weeks, too (the process took 12 days). I was taking them for nkcells and generally, once your placenta is fully established and working effectively as a barrier between mother and baby, they are no longer considered necessary.
I'm nit sure how things are with cortisol but I could imagine that the theory is quite similar? Don't take my word for it, though, it's purely me theorising here. Will you be able to speak to the first doc before Thursday?

Croy I'm right there with you. I want my husband to leave the house so I can be alone. He wants to snuggle with me and I want nothing to do with it. I'm soooo irritable!

I just went to the store to get away from him. Of course everyone at the store was also irritating me. I looked at the bio oil and the cocoa butter but decided to wait to buy it. I did buy some aloe Vera gel for my doppler. I also read that KY works as it is water based but was too embarrassed to buy it. LOL! plus the aloe Vera can be rubbed in and it smells nice.

OMG he just tried to hold my hand as I'm tying this! He's being so sweet and I'm being so bitchy! Growl.

I know - I am up in the bedroom and he just cam e up for a snuggle while i was typing - I think it pregnancy rage and cabin fever from being stuck together all week because of the snow. We made it out today - but so did EVERYONE else, its the first safe driving day and everywhere was packed. Which I am sure didn't help either of our moods.

Pep - I think it is 12 weeks. I'll call the doctor Monday and leave a message or talk to her assistant. They are really good and getting back to you soon. I also have to call my OB to see when the test results from my NT blood work get back.

Feeling bloated today, i am wearing sweats and i think i loo pregnant. or at least at the stage where people look at you and wonder if you arre pregnant or just eaten to much over the holidays! We have to make our announcement this week because its getting too hard to hide. That's an exciting feeling :)

Enjoy the calm Pip!

If my husband isn't alive tomorrow morning I can't be held responsible. :rofl:

Croy, coming out is so exciting! :yipee:

Don't forget to ask about the weaning process, not just when to stop. Depending on your dose you shouldn't be stopping the steroids cold turkey.

Croy my house is so small I can't even escape him! I won't hold you responsible either if yours also mysteriously disappears or is found dead.

Have fun announcing. It really is exciting. I've pretty much told everyone except people at work. I plan to tell them at week 14. It will be a relief to stop pretending. Plus my bloat is definitely noticeable too. I can't hide this for much longer.

Thanks for the tip pep, I will check on the weaning. I am on a really low dose, so I am pretty sure its not going to be a long wean off but I do want to clarify exactly what I need to do. I know with the progesterone they said it was fine to just stop it - which I am happy to do. It so messy! When are you other ladies off progesterone?

Heart - I swear, its nice to hear someone else who I know is a nice person and who loves her husband is also having some rage issues!! ha ha

It's hormone related. I am a nice person I swear! Luckily my husband is rolling with it. He's a good guy. Damn him. It would make it so much easier to stay irritated with him if he gave me a reason!

My doctor told me I could stop the progesterone at week 12. I'm thinking of going to week 13. That's only 6 more days!

That's the same time I will be stopping it, the end of 12 weeks. Thursday it is for me! SO EXCITED! Less to remember. I have to put all the pills and stuff out on a counter (in their bottles) but then I put them back as I take them. Otherwise I would never remember what I have taken and what I haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->