PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I used bio oil and didnt get one mark - managed to get it when superdrug had it on half price. I do believe though its nothing to do with the creams you either get them or not unfortunately !!!

ThanKs ladies I'm just gonna stick with bio oil an see what happens! X

Body shops cocoa butter body butter is nice. I used that, bio oil and Mary Cohr anti stretch mark cream and didn't get a single mark, but I have got the kind of skin that doesn't get stretch marks I think. You are also more prone to stretch marks the younger you are. As an oldie I escaped but my mum was 18 when she had me and she's covered. They are badges of motherhood though and if I get them next time round I shall wear them with pride!

Ha, I should have asked on here. I've just come back from boots where I bought some bio oil.

Hair cut ok. I wanted sharp and edgy (I can still blow-dry it to a softer look) but the guy who cut my hair was a bit young and unsure :haha: It's still nice but I have decided that it is worth the extra money to have the more experienced guy next time. And I have given up on the growing out idea right now. Shorter hair is faster to blow dry than long hair and therefore more practical for sleeplessness and little babies. Of course I might change my mind next month :rofl:

Davies, my DH tries to get me to do all our communication, too. I even have to write greeting cards in French for all his friends and relatives! :haha: slow progress because I don't want to embarrass myself with grammar mistakes.
I drew the line a couple of weeks ago when he asked me to email all his uni friends to let them know when we are in France. Seriously, he has a smartphone and it would only take him a minute!

We are off on Tuesday and none of them know about ducky! I'm so excited about surprising them with a bump, I'm jumping up and down at the thought of it :happydance: I'm such a child! :lol:

Ah how funny pip!! Men!! Well I'm making him suffer making him come food shopping an told him I need to do 2 shops for offers lol!! X

Hiya ladies

Quick q x choked with cold an cough really annoying me its quite dry just now x googled cough bottles when pregnant an it says linctus or honey and glecerine ok go take but consult doc or pharmamsist first x Any one else used cough bottle? X

I have had glycerin its groce!! To b honest doesn't do anything major I brought some lozenges an had them for few days in the end x

Pip can't believe you have to write cards/letters in French! Tres difficile! Lol.
I've just watched breakfast at tiffany's and did you know Audrey Hepburn had 3 miscarriages and 2 sons. She smoked like a chimney, was as thin as a rake and had her last child at 40!

Good morning/afternoon!

I finally got a full night of sleep last night. I feel like a new woman. I woke up at 6:30am. That’s sleeping late for me these days!

Pretty, I updated the front page with your scan date. I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for sharing that you flew to the Florida Keys at 15 weeks. I’ll probably be 20 weeks or more when I fly to Florida. I was thinking of asking for a blood test to make sure my blood isn’t more prone to clotting now that I’m pregnant. That might help me make my decision about flying. Florida is 2,000 miles away or more so driving wouldn’t really be an option, especially because I would be traveling by myself.

Davies I’m glad some other ladies had some advice. I have no experience with teenagers. My professional life has revolved around babies and elderly! I’m not so good with all the stuff in the middle LOL! At least now you have an excuse for wanting to go back to work. I would never call my DH’s parents. That’s his job. Likewise, he would never call mine.

All this talk about stretch marks. I want to go buy something now. I got some on my boobs when I was a teenager but they went away. I’m glad to hear that old skin doesn’t get them as bad. Finally a benefit to being 37 and pregnant! I’m not sure if my mother got them. I’ll have to ask her.

Tracie, that is one impressive bump! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Fili sorry for the shrinking boobs. But at least they are only shrinking to a C. We have a lot of well endowed women! I think I’m the smallest with a measly B cup. Now a C though!

Pip have fun telling people! Your bump will say it all. Great pic in your journal. :cloud9:

Jen, I know you lost a bunch of weight. How do you feel about gaining some back? I imagine it will be worth it.

Embo, any new adventures with the doppler?

Mrskg, sorry about the cold! I got one at 9 weeks. I didn’t take anything for it. Just moaned for a week. The only good thing about getting sick was that all of my symptoms disappeared for the week. Of course I was a wreck because I thought there was something wrong, but looking back now, it was nice to have a week off from the nausea and sore boobs.

I got a blood test done yesterday to see if I was a carrier for cystic fibrosis. Apparently they also did a bunch of other tests as well. I wondered why they needed 5 vials of my blood! Some of the results came in. I apparently tested negative for syphilis. I could have told them that! And all of my blood counts came back normal, so no infections, or clotting issues right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. 2 more sleeps until my NT scan. Eeek.

Brilliant news heart! Syphilis :rofl: does anyone really have that in this day and age in the western world? I think Henry VIII had it and passed it onto his daughter Elizabeth which is why she painted her face with White lead based paint which eventually killed her amyway. Think the Syphillis ate away at her face but this White face paint caused a fashion outbreak of White faces and lots of ladies followed suit and...died due to lead poisoning! Just going to check my makeup!

Not bothered about my shrinking boobs I will be happy to fit into my old but lovely bras! Gotta be looking the part when I 'attack' my hubby ttc in a few days!

Good attitude Fili! Get those boobs in sexy condition for the attack of your husband. He'll never know what hit him!

I know, when the test results got emailed to me they were called something that I didn't recognize. I had to google it and found out it was syphilis! I thought the same thing you did - does that even exist anymore? I didn't know that about Elizabeth. Fascinating. I'm a bit of a Henry VIII buff. I love reading about that time in history. I knew there were theories about him having syphilis, but I didn't know she had it. Thanks for sharing!

She was called the virgin queen too. They think she deprived herself because of her syphilis ravaged body. She possibly wasn't able to have children because of the syphilis but she knew this and never tried. Some historians speculate she had miscarriages and the doctors she had access too possibly secretly advised her. But it is possible to carry to full term with syphilis if it's passed on at the time of conception!!

I knew she was called the Virgin Queen, but this syphilis thing is news to me. So fascinating. Henry's first wife had countless miscarriages and some stillbirths. Somewhere in the range of 10 -12 at least. She obviously gave birth to Mary who was healthy and also to a boy who died in infancy. I'm inspired by this story because without any meds or medical advancement, she was still able to have Mary. Just think about how many more she might have had if she were alive today.

I'd heard Elizabeth actually died very young and they had a boy 'pretend' to be Elizabeth. The lack of sex, children and use of make up were because of the male parts. Lol

I knew she was called the Virgin Queen, but this syphilis thing is news to me. So fascinating. Henry's first wife had countless miscarriages and some stillbirths. Somewhere in the range of 10 -12 at least. She obviously gave birth to Mary who was healthy and also to a boy who died in infancy. I'm inspired by this story because without any meds or medical advancement, she was still able to have Mary. Just think about how many more she might have had if she were alive today.

Funnily enough I didn't know that about Catherine of Aragon until about two weeks ago when i watched a documentary. I was shocked!! And i also thought the same as you it is so interesting isnt it? Historians argue about whether Henry had it or not but the argument for is compelling.

I'd heard Elizabeth actually died very young and they had a boy 'pretend' to be Elizabeth. The lack of sex, children and use of make up were because of the male parts. Lol

Really!!? Oh that is interesting! And there's very little written evidence about her supposed affair with lord whatever his name was she was supposed to besotted with, was it Dudley?

Ooooh, the mystery deepens! Thanks for that piece of it Puppy!

Who knew PAL would turn into a history lesson?

Yes, it was Dudley. She also supposedly had an affair with the husband of the couple who housed her when she was 14, Thomas Seymour.

Lol i just googled the male story and yup it is there, i'm not going mad! Haha.

Who knows what goes on with the royals?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->