PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Ha ha Puppy I can relate to that!

I think I'm in a better mood today but time will tell. I just woke up and DH is still sleeping. We're supposed to get a lot of rain today which means we'll both be in the house together all day!!!

Luckily I have a sewing project and I'm going to distract myself with that today. Am making a pair of comfy lounge/pj pants.

I wish I knew how to sew heart ! I have 6 pants that need hemming. I have a sewing machine but never could work it right, the thread always breaks. I got more maternity pants from old navy online and they are all too long.

Fili brilliant job on the weight loss! Your husband isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you! And then once you're pregnant you won't want him to touch you! LOL!!

Hopeful, I love, love, love sewing. I made some purses a while back as a way to deal with my grief after one of my losses. It really helped. I've made some dresses, pillows and baby blankets. I even made a blanket for a B&B girl, Megg33k. She bought the fabric and I made it for her. I'll put some pics behind a spoiler in case you want to look.

This is the blanket I made for Megg33k

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/b0886202.jpg

This is a blanket I made for a friend of mine

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/IMG_1417.jpg

This is one of the purses I made

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/Tests/purse2.jpg
https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/Tests/purse3.jpg

Thanks Mrskg! I'm completely self taught. I keep telling myself I'm going to take a class to really learn some techniques but I never get around to it. It's been a while since I've made anything and I'm excited to start up something new today.

Brilliant for self taught x will you be makin baby things? You could do a gorgeous blanket xxx

Oh I'm definitely planning to make my own baby blankets! And maybe some cute bibs too. I've made some cute aprons, so bibs are just a smaller version.

My friend is due in March and she and I are going fabric shopping next weekend so I can make her a baby blanket.

Aww heart they are so lovely!! I might put an order for WHEN my baby arrives!! You're so talented!

Lee, there are lots of PALs-in-waiting lurking around here! :hi:

Hearty, I LOVE the sewing projects!! I'm especially impressed with how well you matched the pattern on the fabric on the purse and the flap - I know that's a difficult task to do.... I'm not a sewer myself, and I always kind of wish I were. A local quilt store offers classes and I've just never signed up! I do a lot of cross-stitching instead. I just finished a birth sampler for my nephew right before Christmas. He's five... it took me forever to finish because I kept having to set it aside for a while after each mc. Now I've just started on a birth sampler for my niece (18 mos) - at least going into this one, I know there's a chance I may have to set it aside and not work on it from time to time! ](*,)

Thanks girls. Fili, orders are welcome!

HA, it is tricky to match patterns. It took me a few tries to get that matched. It's not perfect, but good enough!

The only reason you will have to set aside your nieces cross stitch is because you'll be too tired in the first trimester! Do you have any pictures of your work?

Heart I will take you up on that if I can get to 12 weeks and you're still up to it! I will pay top price of course including postage! It will be a lovely reminder of you:friends:

Auntie, love that, pal in waiting! I was thinking I was much more like a pal groupie so that fits better!! We won't be waiting long!

The only reason you will have to set aside your nieces cross stitch is because you'll be too tired in the first trimester!

Forgot to mention - part of my IVF relaxation plan is I'm lining up my favorite movies and I intend to spend a good deal of time watching them while stitching over the next month! :thumbup:

That's a perfect relaxation plan! Movies and sewing have gotten me through some of the darkest days.

Fili happy movies are the best! I made the mistake of watching Juno, which I knew was about adoption. But oh boy, I wasn't ready for the infertility part of Jen Garner's character. Now I try to make sure any movie I watch doesn't involve miscarriage or pregnancy. I started watching the Time Traveller's Wife and had to turn it off. I had no idea what it was about! For anyone who doesn't know, there are recurrent losses in it. Not a happy movie!

Yeah I know what you mean heart. I assess the movies in the first 3 mins and anything to do with babies and it's an automatic switch off!!

Round! I see ya! I just wanted to ask you if your 3 mc's were missed or if yours were behind dates like mine? So always when I go in for a scan at 7.4 the baby measures 6.4. Just wondered if yours followed the same pattern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->