PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I'm PAL in waiting too! I remember watching Marley and me when I was pregnant, I had no idea there was a scene where she has a miscarriage. I blubbed all the way through the film!

I'm PAL in waiting too! I remember watching Marley and me when I was pregnant, I had no idea there was a scene where she has a miscarriage. I blubbed all the way through the film!

DH and I were the same way with Up! I think Up handled it better than any other movie, though - the feeling of loss and hopelessness and sadness - and they did it all without any words. :cry: I sometimes will watch that first 15 minutes of Up just for catharsis.

Fortunately someone had warned me about Marley & Me and about the Time Travelers Wife. The one that really messed me up was The Help - DH and I saw it about a month after our third mc, and I had a full-blown panic attack in the theater. It was awful. After that experience, I ask for spoilers about any movie I'm about to go see - I'd rather have the ending ruined than be surprised by another mc scene in public.

Agreed HA. Wish I had an alert for Time Traveller's Wife. It was really traumatic to watch. Same with reading A Thousand Splendid Sun's. I got through one mc in the book and put it down. Come to find out it's about recurrent losses! I know we talked about this once on your FB page. It would be nice to have mc disclaimers on everything!

I have the time travellers wife here to watch as a rental. I keep putting it off because i know its a weepy. Have u read the book?

Heart i NEED that handbag or purse as u say! Lush!

I'd forgotten about Up! I saw that when I was pregnant too. I took my stepson to see it, I was about 8 months it was before I had had any miscarriages and I was still a wreck. Saw it more recently and I was an even bigger wreck. Won't be watching it again anytime soon.

Thanks Puppy! We call them handbags too. Purse is interchangeable. I think what you call purses are what we call wallets. Funny!

I never read Time Traveller's Wife. I've had it on my book shelf for years and for some reason always found something I wanted to read more than that one. Then one day I decide to watch the movie and was blindsided. The first loss she has is pretty bloody and traumatic. I tried to soldier on and keep watching it, but then after her second loss, I decided I didn't need to do that to myself. If you are trying to avoid that kind of thing, I highly suggest not watching it.

I just saw My Week With Marilyn and there is a mc in that too. But it is very quick and they don't focus on it in the movie. I could handle that (somewhat).

I haven't seen Up. I wanted to, but I work with depressed elderly people, so it feels too close to my work life. Not much of an escape.

TBH I have been avoiding watching it because of the bloody (as in blood, not swearing!) scene where she loses her husband. I always get weepy at those scenes, I always worry about losing DH :cry:

Heart the handbag looks amazing !!! - you should become a pro and open a business - you would sell loads!

Heart I think you will be inundated with orders lol xx

I make nappy cakes an other personalised baby keepsakes I will post pics next time I'm on pc xxx

Cool, I've seen those Mrskg. Would you do one with cloth nappies?

Hi ladies I been working in shop today!! Yuk!! Was boring an I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the manager yet who is meant to be a delight! She's meant to b a right bitch, apparently she's 24 an on a major power trip! Noone talks when she's in the office so that means doubley boring for me Tom! Great!!!!!
Only got Tom then 2 days off, thank god!!!
How we all doing??
Heart lovely bags, mrsk my friend makes nappy cakes just bit of extra money really they are lovely.
How's everyone else hopeful puppy pip never fili lou an I no I forgotten people but I'm tired after working 6 hours today lol.
Why do our tummys get bigger at night?? Xx

Havent but sure I could x how much do cloth nappies cost? X a 3 tier cake takes 60 odd nappies :wacko: x

Cloth are generally thicker but you can get wraps too which could fill up some spaces too. They're more expensive than disposables but they're prettier :) x

Boo for work Davies x yeah they're lovely eh seems to be a growing trend x

Will have to look into that puppy x I tend to make mine more of a keepsake gift rather than like the ones with blankets an vests an stuff that you would open an use you'll see what I mean from pics xx

Hi Davies! Sorry you are in the shop instead of on a plane! At least you got away from your husband for a little while! hee hee.

Nappy cake - I though you was making a plain cake and cutting into the shape of a nappy !!! Whoops - just googled it and they look amazing ! So practical too!!!

I have seen bunches of fake flowers with baby grows as petals but never ever seen nappy cakes before ! I've never seen them in the shops over here must be on the Internet more .....

Nappy cake - I though you was making a plain cake and cutting into the shape of a nappy !!! Whoops - just googled it and they look amazing ! So practical too!!!

I have seen bunches of fake flowers with baby grows as petals but never ever seen nappy cakes before ! I've never seen them in the shops over here must be on the Internet more .....

Lol pretty my mum asked if she could eat them now she knows I'm no baker lol can just imagine the vision she had xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->