PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Hopeful, you are going to stretch more than most of us because you have double the size growing in there. I've had some stretchy feelings today too. I'm glad you have a scan sooner than later, especially because you don't have a doppler.

I was just emailing with a friend of mine whose 34 weeks pregnant. I told her about the NT scan. She told me that she knows a lot of women who were anti-ultrasound for their entire pregnancies. She was going to be that way too, but caved and went for the NT scan just so she could see her baby. I think that might have been the only scan she got!

Yup, you guessed it, it's her first pregnancy and it's been trouble free. I told her I didn't understand a no ultrasound stance. It felt like another planet to me.

Can you imagine????

Croydon I feel for you with your headaches x Try a cold or hot compress one other other should help also when you feel it coming on pinch the space between finger an your thumb it's an acupuncture point x if you feel to weak to do this get oh to do it for you hope one of these helps you x

I feel lucky to have had no headaches YET x I have a really bad headache condition called cluster headaches it said to be the worst pain known an I'd have to agree thankfully I'm episodic and not chronic but I have to take 15litres of 100% oxygen an some heavy meds x if I'm unlucky enough to get a bout I can still use my O2 but not the meds I can get an injection of morphine from docs as long as I'm not nearly due x I pray they stay away it's hard enough to go through but having them while pregnant is just unbearable x

Heart I only ever had one scan with each of my daughters x I really didn't realise how lucky I was an I know now I never appreciated how innocent those pregnancies were x I feel for all of you that have not experienced a "normal" pregnancy an now know how lucky I've been x Pal is one scary place to be x x x

Not sure there's anyone else on here from Scotland but happy rabbie burns day x hope you enjoyed your haggis neeps an tatties :thumbup: x

I'd say the silver lining to being PAL is that I have gotten a lot of extra attention from doctors. I can get a scan anytime I want and frankly I love getting them. But you're right, I've never had the luxury of a normal pregnancy. I guess this one is normal, but we treated it like it wasn't for a while just in case.

I hope you don't get any cluster headaches Mrskg. They sound awful.

I'm off to my last therapy appointment. Have a great night!

Mrskg those headaches sound awful. Praying they stay away during the rest of your pregnancy. Thanks for the tip, I will certainly try that pressure point if/when another headache shows up. My doctor said after 10 weeks headaches can start in pregnancy so I am not worried but I just hope they go away soon.

Oh croy bless u, I used to suffer as a child but luckily nothing yet!! My mum suffers with migraines I did once after mc for weeks they were the worst pain I could barely talk they thought I had had a stroke! But they think was stress related migranes!
A girl I no from work she's really suffering!

Mrsk let's hope u don't get them sounds awful x
Hopeful I wish i was getting scanned like you!! An yay for 2 inches that give the twins bit more room!!
Heart ur so lucky I am going to have to beg for another scan!!!
I'm awake as door downstairs was banging in the wind!! Already been up to the loo!! Gotta b up for work in an hour!! Man!!! X

Happy 23 weeks and second tri croy and Davies :wohoo: fab milestone :flower:

Puppy...if request some different anti sickness meds :hugs:

Heart...so good that you are able to finish your sessions :hugs:

Pip...how's you and ducky?

Round...I'd love to feel baby kicking :cloud9:

Jenny...the earlier weeks are absolutely horrid..we have all been there so just hang in a tight as possible :hugs:

Tasha...massive :hugs: life is effing cruel :cry:

Em....happy 12 weeks go yesterday :wohoo:

Hopeful...you'll be fine coming off the meds...have faith :hugs:

Sunny...fab news about your scan and you have another this week too :happydance:

Mrsk...nasty headaches :wacko: hope you don't get any whilst pregnant :hugs:

:hi: and sorry to anyone I've missed :wacko:

AFM... hiding mainly in my journal until scan day :dohh: reading here all the time though :thumbup: having grief at work..a bitch of a manager is suspicious that I'm pregnant again and is trying to out me :grr: I'm off to see the head or deputy to complain now...she's harassing me :growlmad:

XxX

Thanks never thought hadnt seen u in while , happy 10 weeks my lovely, an don't let her mess with u!! An if you tell them your preggers an the do try an out u, u can get them done so tell her to bring it on the biatch!! Xx

Never that's bad your brig hounded like that I would Defo complain xxx

I feel better today woke up needing the loo and when I woke this morning I was mega hungry which is not like me cause normally I wouldn't have breakfast lol xx

Ok been doing singing silly I always check my cervix bad habit and I've had some brown around it now I'm freaking out

Jenny so did heart and Davies :hugs: but don't think they went cervix rummaging lol! But just goes to show their bleeding was heavier!

Jenny let us know how you get on hun. All this worry is not good for you chick xx

I haven't been sick since yesterday morning :happydance: still feel really nauseous but that i can live with. I know when i'm going to be sick and i don't feel that atm although last night was touch and go.

DH bought me some ginger biscuits so i'm nibbling those, i have these sea bands on still, don't like them much but now i'm scared to take them off :rofl:

Thanks I'm just on the bus just now hopefully it won't take too long

puppy - what about murrey mints - have you tried hard boiled mint sweets? to try and take off the sickness? might work for a bit.

jenny - hope everything goes well at the hospital and it doesnt take forever ! hopefully give you a scan :o)

nsn - I hope everything goes well with your head - what did they say? bad enough to start logging them? - some people at work are just nasty - I hate horrible co-workers that make your life /job harder !!

heart - when are you going to tell work? does it work differently in us or can you keep it a secret until you show largely ? i think uk you have to tell work by 20 weeks.

Jenny- you will be ok! I can't imagine what's lurking around my cervix and am way too scared to feel up there. The progesterone suppositories probably made it all strange. Your scan will go fine!

Puppy- yeah! Glad to hear you finally got a little break from sickness!

NSN- happy 10 weeks! You r right, I need to keep the faith in going off the meds. It's easier when I think that it was to help my implantation and that seemed to go well.
That sucks you have a crazy ass at work!

Davies- happy 13 weeks!

Croy- happy 13 weeks!

I had to add a fruit ticker cause that peach just looks too cute ( and makes me hungry for one )

Hi Fili! How are you doing? I hope that he workouts are going great and you can get back to bd' in!

Was up at 2:45, it's 4 now, hoping to sleep more!

Hey Pretty. Yeh DH bought me Murray Mints but i couldnt stand the taste of them :shrug: have only just started being able to stomach polo mints but sometimes i can't finish it all. Odd huh

Happy 13 weeks Davies and croy xxxxxx

Happy 10 weeks nun xxxx

Hope all goes ok Jenny xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back