PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Davies, you are a young chicken. I don't know what the risk is for a 30 year old just based on your age, but I imagine it's pretty low. The older you get, the higher your risk is. I'm 37 so my risk is going to be a lot higher than yours just based on age.

When they combined your age with your NT measurements and your bloods, they gave you a 1/3476 of having a baby with Down's. That means out of 3476 women in your age group, only one of you will have that baby with Down's. Try not to stress at all. Your NT measurements were also great.

Are you getting the second trimester blood screening? I'm not sure they offer that to anyone under 35. Ah, to be young again. Enjoy it!

Is anyone feeling brave enough to start posting bump pictures yet? I know Puppy and Hopeful have. I can't decide. I thought my bump was mostly bloat until they told me my uterus had grown up to my belly button. Even though the baby isn't that high yet, I guess it technically is a baby bump. I still kind of feel like it's a fraud bump because it's not the baby!

Davies - your results are great hun, id only worry if it was 1/100. My friend got that 1/60 and had extra tests and was all clear, yours results are perfect!! You old woman :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink: im 30 in 3 months :blush:

Yer everyone post your bump pics!! x

Thanks heart I think at my age it's 1 in 976 so that means its ok, we have a scan at 20 weeks here where I think they check everything! So hopefully it's ok!
I defo have a bump now! I haven't been to toilet in few days so don't no if it's that, but I actually felt uncomfortable today in a work blouse! Podgy belly here we come!! X

Lou what was ur result if u don't mind me asking?? I no ur younger so will b better than mine! An do we have this trisomy result to coz I haven't had it did u? Xx

totally lost my post....

davies- you are so YOUNG! to be 30 again, wow, would love it. heart's and mine are pretty similar. for age related risk only (i'm 36) i think mine said 1 in 130 or something? but if you look online, it says it's 1 in 260? and that is just age, not taking into account anything else so I really think different clinics report it differently.
my risk with NT and bloods was 1 in 750 or something? can't remember now but someting like that. they don't do that other screening with twins.

we are all fine with excellent numbers!

heart - would love to come to Cali! post a bump pic!

Ok, here's me being brave. This is 12+5

https://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/ahartrey/ef6254b8.jpg

Wow ur lovely an slim Amanda! Cute lil bump! I'm in bed will try tom c if I can do it! Ur figures amazing u lucky moo!!
I have chilled out as at 30 ur risk is 1:900 as an average an the percentage for me is the same as 0.035% so less than 1% so I'm cool with that! They check lots at 20 week scan the trisomy 18 the test I think u us ladies have at 12 we have at 20 weeks they do cleft palate, spinea bifida, Edwards syndrome an heart defects etc an few other conditions like lung problems kidneys etc etc do can chill till next scan!!

I really fancy a latte! An I'm in bed an really tired boobs r massive! Has anyone else had sore eyes? X

Thanks hopeful how r u?? They reckon we're gonna have snow Monday! I can't wait! Fan excuse not to go to work I'm not risking anything lol!! I can hibernate!! X

Davies when i was pg with Laura i had terrible dry eyes. I was on drops. It was awful.

I am not on the laptop now so cant post a pic but will do one in celebration of 12weeks tomorrow for you :)

Ok, I'm going to harass you for a bump pic Sarah!!! I can wait until tomorrow though. xo

We do the 20 week scan too. I'm also getting a second set of bloods done at 15 weeks. They will combine those with my results from the first trimester and give me my odds again. They check for more things with these bloods. If the results are bad, I may do amnio. But I'm hoping they are good again. Then the 20 week scan will also give us even more information.

No my eyes haven't been sore. Just tired. I was up at 2am then 5am.

I'm glad you feel chill about your results. They really are great. Another woman I know on this site was given 1/4 results! She had CVS and the baby was fine! Tim's cousin had 1/16 results. She didn't do any other tests and was relieved when her baby was fine at birth! I can't imagine getting those kinds of results!

It is exciting isn't it. I feel like i've been pregnant forever though! Lol.

I'm feeling ok tonight. I managed to drink some flat lemonade and had a bowl of stew. I feel better when i am eating but if i'm already at the severe nausea stage then nothing works.

I think i have resigned myself to the fact that if it's a day of sick then that's that. Some days will be worse than others and i just have to accept it.

Davies- do bump pic! When it snows here, it basically never shuts down, we need to go to work unless we get like over 10 ft or something..but I'm lucky as I can work from home.

Heart- you r do cute! Wish I was tan like that! So toned too and just tiny bump!

Happy 12 wks tomorrow puppy!

You think I'm tan??? Oh lord, I'm pasty white! I guess I have a little color, but girl, this isn't tan for me at all! I wish! And tone. Well, 3 months ago I was. Haven't touched the gym in 3 months. Sigh. I think I'm going to start doing prenatal yoga to get some of my tone back though. I was in the best shape of my life right before this pregnancy, so I guess I'm just reaping some of those benefits right now. But that's not going to last much longer if I don't get off my butt!

I'm looking forward to some more bump pics from people. That felt like a big step for me!

Wow heart you are a hotty! You look great!!!

Well here is my latest bump pic. It was taken last Saturday at 23 weeks.

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
Now that's a proper bump Mon! I can't wait to look like that!!!

Awww, thank you! It's funny, I'm usually bigger by now. Haven't gained more than 10-11 pounds and truth be told I had to make myself pig out a bit last week to gain 2 lbs lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->