PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

thanks lou! i need to find some comfy sports bras!

embo - beautiful pic and congrats! isn't it nice to know everything is going well?

puppy - yay for finding the heartbeat!

fili - hope you are doing well. sounds like you are getting a d & c? i had one about 12 years ago and it was fine, i didn't know anything about what they were, exactly why i was having it, etc but it was nice to get it over with right then and there and not have to wait.

Beautiful pic embo congrats xxx

Guys I have just realised that my nt scan I will be 12+4 and that is the exact same gestation I found out about Jamie's problems and i have the same consultant the same day omg

On the bus to work. Had to check in again! I'm a b&b addict. Puppy I knew you'd find the hb. Sometimes it takes some persistence. Mine this morning was so loud it made me laugh. The baby sounded like it was about to pop out of my belly it was so close to the surface.

Good to know about the underwires. I hope you find something that fits Hopeful. Last day in week 13 for you! Now there will be no question about 1st or 2nd tri! It's official according to all sources!

I used to be such a massive clothes shopper. I loved buying clothes. Now I hate it. I need to buy some pants and bras but keep putting it off. Such a change!

Lou the rest of your body looks so slim. I want to look like you with a bump.

Davies you look very fit! So cute you are.

Croy, where are you? You promised a bump pic! I hope your professor lets you take up a make up exam. Pregnancy brain at it's finest!

Ok I'm really off to work now. Bye!

Hi hopeful :hugs: yep I'm all booked in for Thursday. Had a complete emotional meltdown this morning but feeling better now. I had a d and c for my third mc and it was fine it's just I didn't want another op on my womb! I was wondering whether fertility treatments like you had might stop me miscarrying even though I ov regularly maybe it improves the egg? X x x

Jen this baby is different. You've already had good scans. Try not to measure this baby to Jamie. It's a different baby. And don't forget, you have sweet Aaron. You are capable of having a healthy baby.

Hopeful I hope you find some bras, I struggled at 7 weeks and my boobs have not really gone down much despite losing weight it's annoying and the wrong bra can be really uncomfortable and annoying!

Jen heart is right you can't compare to Jamie but I understand why you're scared. This time around it's going to be a happy moment :hugs:
Mrskg how you doing? Are you still feeling shocked? My shock alone didn't properly wear off for about 3 days! X x x x
Embo!!! Fantastic news and a wonderful pic of your baby :cloud9:

I know guys but my scan with Jamie at 8+4 was fine and I didn't get scanned in between them and it's exactly the same thing around again I know it's silly and I know this baby is growing faster than Jamie it's just like a wake up call my hormones are whacky and I know I'm over thinking things but I just can't help think what if my scan is less than 48 hours I'm nervous but have a sense of calm that I'm having a pretty easy pregnancy this time around its just the hormones are hard too balance at te moment xx

Embo congrats darling I can't see ur pic, why?? I'm gonna try on my laptop!! Pleased it all went well my lovely, yay puppy new u would!!

Jenny is that not good? I would b pleased lol!
Heart i wish I was fit like u!! X

It's just the best feeling in the world isn't it? I burst into tears before we went in. I just felt so weird being in the proper scanning place. I didn't have the comfort of my Epu nurse etc!! Gav was so good. Rubbing my back saying everything's absolutely fine! Bless!

Jenny- you will be fine and although it sucks going to the same place with the same person you had a bad scan with, I think most of us went through that too and it turned out good this time! Makes it feel like you need to worry more but it will be fine!

Fili- will your health care system pay for the meds and iui? Luckily mine did as I don't know if I would have paid for all of it on my own just because it was thousands with meds and appts.Probably would have kept goIng natural if no insurance

If I knew then what I knew now, I would have skipped the clomid cycles and gone right to injectibles.
it may take a couple cycles though as they need to see how your body responds (especially with injectibles) but Davies was fine with just clomid.

I would, if I were you do both prednisone and heparin just to rule anything out right away.
mabye start at bfp? at least with the prednosone? I know some start earlier though with high nk cells. What was your nk % and was it blood nk?
have you done clomid before or had any cycle monitored by internal ultrasound to check your follicles? I want to get you on the fast track ;)
I looked into ivf with pgd when I was 3 days after the iui in nov when I got preg. Still have the info in the car, had gone to the monthly intro mtg. It was hard to think about as its really expensive and they can't guarantee you won't mc that way too. Seemed like the 50 people there just couldn't get preg so didn't deal with mcs.

Aww thanks hopeful. Unfortunately in this country we would have to pay for it ourselves but we could afford it thankfully well I'm poor but I'm fortunate to have hubby to pay but we'd rather have insurance obviously, they just don't do it here for fertility. I'm mainly curious as to why a doctor would treat me with the injectables etc when I ovulate normally on my own - do you think that a better quality egg can be got? I have had some internal monitoring. I have an antral follie count of 19 and one egg I actually got preggo with was seen on a routine scan ready to pop and it was 21 mm which the doc said looked healthy. What reasons did your doctor give for you when you ov on your own? Obviously it was a genius idea!! X x x

Edit - I was also thinking, could there have been a chance that all your released eggs would have been fertilised? Did they ever say this might happen or this a low risk? I'm always asking you questions lol! You shouldnt be such a success story!!

you can start aspirin now, I was thinking i started it last spring but maybe it was the spring before so will be about 2 years? my life has kinda been a blur.

I ovulate like clockwork, 27 day cycles, always o on CD14. the meds just give you more follies so more chances to get pregnant and are supposed to bring out higher quality to the eggs (although they didn't think mine was egg quality issue). my progesterone was low when was preg naturally (less than 15, probably lower, would need to check the records). but clomid somehow makes you make more progesterone and so do injectibles.
i was also on 100mg/day progesterone but it was low when only on progesterone and no stim meds.

my follies never got to 21 mm that I know of (only had them measured when on stim meds - clomid or injectibles). i think the biggest was 18 but that was measured a day before trigger shot so could have grown a little more.

previous stim cycles weren't as long as this last one...

my bfp cycle this time i had smaller follies and they grew them for longer (Ovu CD 17 as was all controlled by meds) and CD 14 the biggest were two 15mm, smallest were 10mm and some in between (6 ended up releasing eggs if you count corpus luteums). so i knew they grew a tiny bit more but they don't need them to get super big on stims. even with IVF they call 15mm a mature follie.

I think there may be something there with growing them properly and not letting them get too big. some girls say their follies are over 25mm and i think that's an over-ripe one. but, that's just what i think maybe happens as you can never be too sure.

seems like follies are like baking a cake, you don't want it raw and don't want it overcooked ;)

Hopeful that's really interesting thank you. I wonder if mine are getting too overripe. Think i will send an email to our very nice and helpful fertility doctor now! Thanks so much x x x

fili- your issue could just be that you needed heparin too as I had never even had anything form in a sac before (except some liquid stuff once)?

florida - I have taken alot of folic acid for a long time now (started it when I started baby aspirin, either a year or 2 ago this spring). I bet is has just been 1 year now that I think of it...?

I have mthfr a1298c which they say 40% of people have and most don't even know, it just came up on my rpl testing, it's the least harmful of all of the mthfr mutations and is an inability to process folic acid properly (the more harmful versions are also considered blood clotting disorders).
so I used to take 4 mg/day of it and then changed to neevo dha and metanx which also equal 4 mg of l-methyfolate which I take instead now because it's an easier form of folic acid to absorb.

a normal prenatal has 400 micrograms I think? so 4 mg is a ton.

how are you feeling? I think i am growing more around the middle all day every day.

wow, so much information! Thank you :)

I'm well, still dealing with MS and hoping it passes come 2nd tri :) My pants aren't closing (the button) so I'm stuck in pajamas all day (i work from home) and really have nothing to wear out! So I've got to invest in some comfy pants soon. So exciting :) I know it's just bloat, cause they're so little still, but it's nice to know that the changes are because of the babies :)

florida - so lucky to work from home! i can work from home 1 day/wk but have a dr note that says i can work more from home too if i need to. wait till you get 13 weeks, you just keep growing and growing, it's strange to feel so full down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->