PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Happy 9 weeks Jenny! Jenny do you take heparin injections aswell as aspirin?

Thank you yes I do I take 20mg clexaine daily I will take that too 37 weeks when I will deliver then for 6 weeks after the birth x

Sorry Jen, I couldn't hear the hb :shrug:
Everyone else obviously can so don't be bummed about it.

3x maybe you have an immune issue? I do and all I needed (on top of my clotting treatment I always need) was a course of steroids. In the US, I think only some REs test for it although some family doctors prescribe the treatment without testing.

My mum has promised not to buy anything at all until I say so. That's not the outcome I was looking for but she doesn't understand my point so it will do for now. She's on holiday over the next week so we both have the time to chill.

My six week PMA scan might be in mid march if I can get pregnant without af! Omg I'm setting myself up for a fall! I never catch the egg before af. Does anyone think I should do progesterone after ov before af?

I manged to get it again this morning but pudding moved and couldn't record it little minx it's 175bpm same as my little Jamie's xxx

Fil - I did my 2/3 days after ov that what St Marys told me.
Good luck catching the egg !!!!

Fili fxd for u my lovely xx
Embo so pleased for u xx
Jen yay happy 9 weeks xx

I'm going for lunch today with my friend love lunch out!! Stuffy nose still here!! Think I gotta learn to deal with it! An on off sleep to! Gotta get in with it right?
Day four no progesterone check me out x

Fili, if it was me I'd take all the meds I could. I can't imagine anything worse at this point than having a bfp and worrying that I might be doing anything to cause a loss.

Urgh, I'm sitting in the waiting room at the hospital (haematology, no scan, so don't get excited :haha:) and I feel like throwing up: My pregnancy dog nose is telling me that the lady sitting next to me just had a smoke :sick:

Thanks girls it just seems weird going on the progesterone after ov-ing before I've even had a proper period iykwim? Do you think it will delay my period by a lot if I don't get pregnant?

Davies well done for not taking it!!

yay to the peach Davies and Jen your new piccy as 9 weeks!!! - i cant believe how quickly the weeks are going now - not long to the gender scans now

Just had my 2nd GD test - so boring, but it was on the labour ward so was nice to see all the little babies and hear them crying - made dh extra broody. If i hear nothing today its all good news, so hoping my phone doesnt go

Fili, why don't you see how things go? If you feel like bd-ing at the right time etc.

I've always waited for my period before trying again, mainly because of my retained tissue ordeal with my first loss, being repeatedly scraped out etc. so I always want to make sure I have a homely womb. But there are plenty of women on here who never had af in between. To be honest, if you have an inhospitable womb I doubt a baby will be able to implant anyway. So yeah, see how you feel and if you are up for it why not take the meds?
You will be able to tell with temping when you have ovulated before you take the progesterone and if you have a negative early test at 11dpo you can always stop then.

Pet - could I have had an immune issue and still had DD? I think when my doc took the tests, she kept in mind that I have a healthy child. I think that's how she based on what tests she should do. Not only was DD healthy, but aside from not gaing weight at first and being pretty sick, I had like the easiest pregnancy and delivery ever!

How is everyone this morning?

3x, yes, you could have an immune issue, including antiphospholipid syndrome as levels and the body's response can fluctuate.
You could check whether APS was tested for as part of the clotting panel (they check ANA levels in case you have a copy of the tests yourself). If not, maybe ask your doctor to carry that test out. Treatment for this is with heparin and aspirin. Untreated, every pregnancy is estimated to have just a 10% success rate and having a child does not preclude you from having the syndrome.

I tested positive for natural killer cells. It is not something that all doctors are familiar with or even believe in. There is currently a trial going on here in the UK to prove whether the treatment (steroids) work but the results aren't out yet. It worked for me, though, and I really tried everything before!

fili - just make sure you don't start progesterone before you ovulate (also, when you get a surge on the ovu predictor it just means you will ovu within 48 hours or so)? As it can mess with ovulation if you take it too soon. i had the best luck when waiting for AF after natural m/c. but i didn't try after the d&c i had 12 years ago.

happy 9 weeks jen!

pip - i'm glad your mom agreed to buy no more stuff for now, you need to get out there and go shopping! get that pram! (was reading your journal about a pimped pram and was thinking about that this morning, maybe a good new show? pimp my pram?

lou- good luck on the GD test!

3x - you could have an immune issue - were your rpl tests done before or after DD?

afm: scheduled the level 2 ultrasound, not until March 8th as they don't do them before 19 weeks and only open Mon and Thursdays. They don't have 3D scanner there! so if i wanted a 3d scan, I would have to find a place that does them and see if insurance would cover (heard they probably wouldn't) so I will not be getting a 3d...
i stare with amazement at the pack n play and car seat boxes, they sit by the door, unopened for now.

next scan is in a week, Feb 16th.

this website was down for a bit, made me a little paranoid! missed you all! gotta get back to work..have acupuncture in an hour...hey, anyone else up many times a night? I figure I get 5 -6 hours of sleep/night but only 1-2 hours at a time, then up for a bit to pee, then can't sleep and the cycle starts all over again. so, so tired...

happy 15 weeks Davies and Croy! ORANGES!

I finally have my laptop at home and can type more easily.

Bumpy, hope you had a great birthday yesterday. Sounds like you did with that awesome sounding FRER! My test lines weren’t that dark at 14dpo! Sounds promising!! Love the ticker.

Davies, you are such a star. 4 days with no progesterone. Today will be my third day without it. I also curbed my doppler use to once a day. I’m trying to relax a little bit and have faith that my body and my baby are doing what they are supposed to do.

Happy 15 weeks to Davies and Croy! Yay for oranges. Now we’re really getting somewhere! I’ll be there tomorrow!!

Croy, good luck at your appointment today. I hope you get a scan!

Happy 9 weeks Jen! Hope you feel better. My sleep patterns have been horrible since I’ve been pregnant. So have a lot of the ladies. Welcome to the club!

Just, I don’t have pains where you describe them, but I’ve had all sorts of sharp pains. Often they are localized in one place and are like quick lightening bolts on and off for a day or two. I think it’s normal.

Pip, I’m glad you had a talk with your mum. Too bad she doesn’t understand where you are coming from, but at least she agreed. Now you can get excited about buying your own things for the babe! I’ve never been a smoker and hate the smell of smoke on people. It’s even worse now that I’m pregnant! Hope you didn’t throw up!

Puppy, I’ll add you to the front page. Do you think you’ll get a scan? I don’t know how MW appointments work.

Fili, I agree with Pip, if you are going to TTC before AF, then you should take progesterone after you have confirmed you Ov’d. Like Pip said, if you test around 11dpo, you can stop taking them and it shouldn’t delay AF. I never tried right after a loss. I always gave myself at least one cycle. I’m not convinced I even Ov’d during those first cycles, but wasn’t really tracking it.

Lou, I hope your phone is silent all day! No GD, No GD!!!

3x, I know your husband is against the RE, but it sounds like you could get some blood tests like Pip suggests. You’ve been through too many losses.

Well I think I might go to a prenatal yoga class today. I’m really looking forward to exercising again. I’m going to start going to the gym again too. Of course I’ll be taking it easy. I just hate feeling out of shape and want to have a strong body for my baby. It’s been over 3 months since I’ve done anything but walking. That’s the longest I’ve ever gone. Has anyone else done prenatal yoga?

hi ladies,

been manic today so not had a chance to catch up much.
thanks for all the lovely bday messages! i had a fabulous day and got really spoilt!

jen and embo, lovely that you found the heartbeats, i cant wait to be able to do that!!
jen happy 9 weeks!
Just waiting - hope the pains have gone now sweetie
davies - well done on the no progesterone, and i hope you had a nice lunch today! yummy i love eating out!
FX lou - hoping its all good news for you
fili - i was advised to wait for bfp, but everyone seemed to be using progesterone after ov so i tried that. waited until 6dpo though to be sure as like others have said you defo need to be sure you have ov first. it shouldnt delay your AF if you test at like 11-12 dpo and if neg test come off it straight away. it didnt delay mine last month anyway.

hi everyone else - hope you are having nice days!

ill post my latest test (FRER done yesterday at 13dpo) when i get a chance, its nice and dark so feeling a bit better now. got one FRER and one digi left now so want to leave them and need to stop testing! hahahahaha

Hopeful, we posted at the same time. I woke up and the site wasn't working for a while. Oh the HORROR!!!

Thank god it came back!

I usually wake up once around 3:30 or 4:30 and it takes a while to get back to sleep. It always makes me tired too. This morning it was 3:30. I'm hoping my exercise plan will help me sleep better. Enjoy acupuncture!

heart, think we posted at the same time.

well done you on weaning off the progesterone too! you girls are rocking!

thanks for bday message as well, the thanks button has disappeared so i couldnt thank you for that!

Bumpers, I can't wait to see more lines! You know all about my addiction!

When will you schedule an appointment with a doctor? We'll need to start putting your dates on the front page! Yippee!

Davies, I don't have any dates for you on the front page. Do you have a scan scheduled yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->