PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Fili- that is so sweet!

Heart- happy 7 weeks! I wouldn't go 3 wks without a scan but Im a worrywart.

Anyone else have the skin of a 15 year old going thru puberty? Lol

I did with one of my pregnancies hopeful but not this one, think it's really common but not very nice though!

Hey 9 that's great news. I had a hb at 6 weeks exactly. I read that the hb should be between 90 - 120 during weeks 6 and 7. By week 9 it should be 140+

Fili, that is so sweet of your husband. He's a keeper! I admit, I teared up too when I read that. I'll cry with you Em!

My husband just cooked a sausage and the smell is about to put me over the edge. I want to kill him right now! LOL.

Hopeful, my skin is ok. I thought it would be worse, but so far so good! It sucks though because you probably don't want to use any acne treatments to help them heal.

I got a message from my doctor's nurse to schedule the next appointment. I was driving and missed the call. She said she wants to schedule it for the end of next week. Whew. Looks like I'll get my scan after all!

Fili that's so sweet - I need to show my hubby that post as a hint! ha ha

I am really feeling rough today. Had my first official dry heave earlier. O Joy. Still at least the symptoms are helping keep me calm that all is well.

I am having a problem keeping this a secret though, people keep calling and trying to make plans but I am feeling so unsociable. I have the hardest time fibbing to them about being sick, and I know they will figure it out if I have the stomach flu week after week but I just can't face being out and about when this sickness is so unpredictable. Anyone else struggling to keep it a secret?

I think we decided to tell our parents on Christmas but I think after that we might just have to tell everyone because otherwise I will be making up excuses for another month.

Noticing a little acne here and there. My big change today was the size of my nips. Those girls looked like saucers this morning! I caught a glimpse while I was getting ready for work and had to do a double take! Holy moly. Nuts!

heart - I will personally leave NY to fly to Cali and bop your OH on the head! Men- sometimes they don't get it. Couldn't last a day with a period- forget about a pregnancy. But gotta love 'em!

Yeah, my husband just had a giggle that it was making me gag. But he did promise not to buy anymore sausage for a while!

Croy, I'm struggling with keeping it a secret too. My husband's band is playing tonight and all of our friends are coming and some of my co-workers. I know everyone will be drinking. I might just get some soda water with a lime and pretend it is a vodka soda. I can also say I'm the designated driver which might also do the trick. But next week we have our office holiday party and I'm helping to organize it. I was tasked out to make the sangria for the party! I think I might have to tell the other person who is organizing it with me because I'm not going to be able to taste the sangria to make sure it tastes good. It's really hard to hide, but I really don't want to tell people and get those doom and gloom looks that people give me now.

Sorry about the dry heave. I haven't had one of those yet, but close!

Croyden it is hard to keep it a secret, do you think you will tell? Just my close family and two nest friends know and 500 people on b and b of course!

Ha ha Titi to your ta tas! Love it!

I didn't realize you were in NY. Please feel free to come here and whack my hubby! Then you and I can go have a decent lunch somewhere in San Francisco. And then we can both feel sick afterwards! It's warmer here than in NY!

We decided that if all looks well at our scan on Tuesday we can wait until Christmas eve to tell his parents- we stay with them christmas eve and christmas day night so it would be too hard to try and hide it when we are there in person. Usually i am quite martha stewart about cooking and making christmas pretty and this year thats just not going to be happening so they would know. Then we can tell my parents who are in the UK on Skype on Christmas day and after that its a free for all to tell our closest friends who would have noticed me acting weird but I won't be announcing it on fb or to the general public until 12 weeks if possible.
The thing is at this point if we lost the pregnancy I would want people to know because this loss would be so much harder than previous ones because we have seen the heart beat and begun to really dream about what might be.

Yeah and also you need their support too. My last two pregnancies had heartbeats but they were also behind dates so... It does make it harder to lose after a heartbeat but the good news is that if it's a strong enough heartbeat and the pregnancy s measuring fine then it's really rare to lose a baby after a heartbeat has been seen!

I think if all looks good at Tuesdays scan and the heartbeat are good i think we will both start to believe it could be good, its almost like we are living in limbo.

But then the reality of pregnancy is scary to me. We just never thought it would happen and had stopped trying and had our homestudy approved to adopt when this happened so now I am really having to think ahead about all that a pregnancy really includes. Freaking me out a little

It's interesting, because heartbeat or not, I've always been up front with everyone about all of my losses. I simply can't hide my grief. But apparently I can hide being pregnant. If we lose this one, I'll definitely be telling all my friends that we lost another one. I want them to truly appreciate what Tim and I have been through.

Croy, are you a Brit living in Seattle?

I'm trying not to think too far ahead with this pregnancy. I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Otherwise I think I'd be too freaked out too. Wow, that's amazing you were on your way to adopt.

we were literally hours away from paying a giant check to have our profile start being shown when this happened.

Yes, I am a Brit in Seattle. I grew up in Croydon, England until my mid 20's when i moved to seattle to work with a non profit and then ii met my husband who is from here so now i am here to stay - but we love going home to visit. We booked tickets to be home for the olympics next summer - but i would be due while we were there so we might have to re-jig those plans a little if this works out.

We have always told people about our losses too and have the most wonderful support but this feels different, and we have lost the other so early we never had to decide if it was too warly to tell because we were telling them about the loss not the pregnancy .

Wow 9, twins! Congratulations!

Hopeful, I am fully with you on the skin issue. I think I must be making up for my teenage years when I was lucky to escape the spot plague. Not only my face but my neck and shoulders are affected, too. Bleurgh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->