PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

How's everyone today? I haven't caught up all the way but read some. Is Tracie really in labor? I hope so!

Fili!!! 3+ YAY!!! Can't wait for your scan!

I also was checking to see if Titi had an update from her scan today.

I'm not feeling sick today and I miss it! I know it comes and goes, but I always freak out when it goes. It seems like I'll have 2 days of feeling sick and then a day or two of not feeling sick. I'm guessing it's when my hormones rise, I feel sick and then they plateau and I feel ok. Then they rise again, etc.

I'm having an internal struggle. I have my first pre-natal appointment scheduled on January 6. I'll be exactly 10 weeks. I told the nurse that I was a high risk pregnancy and needed a reassurance scan before then. She scheduled one for next Friday, December 23.

I'm concerned about getting bad news right before Christmas. My first two losses were around Christmas (first one was on Christmas Eve.) At the same time, I don't think I can wait for 3 more weeks before my next scan. Argh, what to do?

I guess my other option would be to see if my other doctor had any availability the week after Christmas. I would have to privately pay, but I could at least get through Christmas.

But then I wonder if it's good news, how nice my Christmas will be for once. I don't know. I can't even talk to my husband about it because he thinks the scans are too stressful for me and would encourage me to cancel the scan next Friday.

Heart I was thinking I'd have the same dilemma. I was so relieved when Epu said it'll be 2 weeks until my next scan. For the same reasons you just described. I'm having all my family over Christmas day, I really want to enjoy it. If I have bad news there'll be no way I can.

Is such a difficult time for all this to be going on too x x x I am doing after Xmas for those reasons bt it's such a personal decision. I am relieved to not be having to think about scans though. Heart you will instinctively know what to do I think but I am sure another scan will just make you happier!

Em, I might just call and ask for a private scan after Christmas. I'll be a puddle of tears and grief if I get more bad news right before Christmas. Like we don't have enough to stress about!

Fili, thanks. It is a personal decision, you are right. My concern is the fetal heart rate. When I was 6 weeks, it measured 113bpm. When I went at 6+6 there was some question about what it was measuring. She told me it was 109. I freaked out. She was counting it herself and came up with 109. When she let the machine count, it was 115bpm. So I have a small worry about the heart beat being strong enough.

The thing is, when I got the 113 number, it was at a different clinic and a different machine than when I got the other one. So who knows how consistent they are from machine to machine. And I don't know if my doctor who got the 113 number was counting it herself, or if the machine was counting it.

I'm just nervous, as usual.

Well ladies- scan shows me behind at 6+3 still no fetal pole or heartbeat. OB says this week will let us know if it is viable or not. He still thinks I'm just behind b/c the GS and yolk sac are stll growing. DH is convinced this is our Christmas miracle but I am not feeling so miraculous at the moment.

I keep seeing these women with their bellys and wonder if I will ever make it to that point. I don't know if this is going to be it for me. Just don't know.

Heart I'm the same I had that scan in my local epau or the staleys one after Xmas! Got bad memories from epau but it's another reassurance before Xmas but got family Xmas say! Nope I'm not doing it to myself my scan is 28th dec! An I'm going to enjoy Xmas with a happy memory of bein pg!! Xxx

Oh Titi, this is not the news you were expecting, I know. What an awful waiting game. I'm encouraged that the GS and yolk sac are still growing. Do you know what your hcg levels are? I wonder if they still aren't quite high enough to see the fetal pole and hb. I wish you were able to relax a little today. I'm not ready to give up hope on this bean though. I've read lots of stories where this happened and then a few weeks later there was a gorgeous hb. I'm going to find that website for you. xoxo

Titi, check out this website: https://www.squidoo.com/misdiagnosedmiscarriagestories

There are some amazing stories here. I actually found this website when I was told my hcg levels were high enough that I should have seen a yolk sac. I found out that many women had levels higher than me and the yolk sac wasn't seen until later. I also found out on this site that a tilted uterus can make it harder to see the baby. Anyway, just some stories of hope.

Titi I'm sorry you didn't see more at your scan. It's definitely not time to give up though. Big :hug:

Aww titi, it's only 2 days behind just remember that. My miscarriages were always a week behind and then some. The heartbeat should be seen at seven weeks I think so will you go back for another check up do you think?

Heart, Im not sure about what the heartbeat rates should be exactly but in know they start off low x x x

Fili, mine wasn't low. Before 7 weeks, it should be between 90 - 120. My concern is that I got some conflicting info. I'm scared that it actually dropped from 113 to 109. But I think I'd rather trust the machine counting the heartbeat at 115 instead of the woman counting it at 109. I think there's lots of room for human error. That's what I'd like to hope anyway! I just wish she had never told me 109. I don't need one more thing to worry about.

Ahh I see heart, as you can see I don't know much about it! I would say there would be a lot of room for error! I do remember now that two doctors including dr s have told me that heart rates fluctuate and that's normal. Dr s told me this because my last pregnancy's heart rate shot up after another doctor put me on steroids half way through the pregnancy! So I was telling dr s this as if 'Yeah the steroids will work for me because of the heart rate going up so much!' However, he shot me down in flames and said that's irrelevant as heart rates fluctuate all through pregnancy and that's normal. Hope that makes sense! so why the original doctor put me on steroids half way through I will never know and never got a clear answer but not with him now anyway. X x

i cant yet, lol... give me time :p i was at my mummys. OH works all day on saturday so i go spend the day with my parents... plus its closer to the hospital

phew that was hard work, i brought my OH a huge 2 foot xmas card from izzy, just had 2 write it and hide it lol... We cancelled xmas this year couldnt afford it and have to much going on so we agreed no prezzies lol.. we have izzy wat more do we need.

Thanks ladies for all your support. Just having a bad day today- the not knowing what the end result will be is hard. At least with certain milestones it is easier to be positive in the times of doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->