PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Davies - Dont do pg tests there evil... perhaps it could be the test, i have read before that it depends on how much dye they have put in that batch. Personally I would go to your scan 2moz as either way your going to be worrying yourself :hugs:

p.s POAS website is good -

9. I took another test and the line is lighter. Does this mean anything? Should it get darker? Not necessarily. In general, the positive line will be darker when a greater amount of hCG is present in the urine, but not always. Some tests contain more or less dye (meaning there is just more or less color to "stick" to your hCG.) Some tests are more or less sensitive-- even 2 tests in the same box can be different. Also, your urine may have more or less hCG in it depending on what you ate or drank, or how long it's been since you last peed. Food itself does not cause false results, but can affect how much urine you have and how dilute it is. Eating salty chips and drinking caffeine all day will result in more concentrated pee, whereas gorging on watermelon and ginger ale will result in lots of very dilute pee. But an HPT is not meant to tell you "how" pregnant you are. It only tells you if you are pregnant or not. As long as there is a line in the results window, you are pregnant.
Some women experiencing early miscarriages do notice their lines getting fainter or disappearing entirely, but even if your line gets fainter, it is not a guarantee that you are miscarrying, or that anything is wrong. See FAQ 21 for normal levels of hCG and how to properly measure it.

It is very very VERY important to remember that HPT's cannot tell you "how" pregnant you are, or how much hCG is in your urine. They are simply a yes/no diagnostic tool. While you may see a darker line on a pregnancy test at 18 DPO than you did at 10 DPO, there are far too many variables for you to deduce anything concrete from the darkness of the lines. Test sensitivity can vary; there may be more or less dye or chemical reagent in different tests; your urine may be more or less concentrated depending on what you ate or drank or when you last peed; the tests may have been stored differently; you may have used more or less urine on one test than another.

Thank you ladies I called up epau as my appointment was Tom my hubby couldn't come then but is off today! They told me to just go down so I did!!! Well my lil bean has grown is now 13.4mm has a hb of 143bpm an is showing 2days ahead she put me at 7+5!! I'm leaving ticker though as dont want to get upset if changes next week!! No more testing for me!! Thank u fili an Lou for all ur info help, I'm so happy I actually got a pic today she said all looks good!! Can't believe it!! Xx

Davies what great news! When's the piccie going up! And back away from those tests!!

Thanks bella, gonna do pic this afternoon didn't sleep well last night gonna grab an hour!! An then log back on! I'm so chuffed!! Xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...y-perfect-christmas-present.html#post14615588

there u go

xx

Glad to hear everything ok Davies xxxx you must be so relieved xxx

Tracie you baby daughter is absolutely gorgeous x an congrats on your engagement brings tears to my eyes I'm a big romantic at heart xxxx

Great news Davies! Now put the tests the tests away!!!

Hate to say I told you so Davies!!! So pleased for you!! X x x

Congratulations Tracie!! She 's beautiful!! X x x

I have just come back from a lovely 4 mile walk in Windsor with my hubby! X x x now where's that chocolate cheesecake....

Wow fili, you're doing well going on long walks etc :thumbup:
Yes, a kind bnb friend sent me her doppler when I was ten weeks (past my critical phase) and I have been using it ever since. It really calms me down and I can go to my scans with a little interest rather than complete fear.

Mrskg, I was supposed to have a scan today where I was going to ask but due to DH and my illness we cancelled it. I hope to find out the flavour sometime in January. I am so excited! I really want to get the name books out and start looking at gender specific stuff. Maybe actually buy something for this baby! :shock:

Aw pip I'm so sorry you're not feeling well enough for scan least you will be further on when you do go to find out flavour lol xxx

Davies, I am so pleased you went for your scan! How lovely going into Christmas knowing that all is well.

To all other ladies (I promise, f, I'm not naming anyone :winkwink:) please stop testing! It really doesn't show anything at all except yes you are pregnant, no you are not.
I can tell you that even with my earliest loss (just over 6 weeks) after bleeding for a few days and seeing nothing on a scan I still had an hcg blood level of over 200, which is way more than a 10 or 25miu can handle.
Yes, maybe testing lighter in the first few days can predict a chemical but after that I think they only scare people.
I'm not saying I didn't keep testing myself but it was more a yes, you aren't dreaming, you are scientifically proven to be pregnant kind of thing.
If you aren't bleeding, no need to worry.

Ok, sorry, rant over. I just hate to see so many lovely ladies on here worry themselves over nothing :hugs:

Mrskg, no need to feel sorry for me! This scan was in addition to my local scans, which I have every two weeks. With my doppling in between I am feeling very cared for, I promise.
I reckon I'll have four scans in January, what with this one postponed (it's with Mr S), my two local ones and my official 20 week scan. I'm supposed to be looking for a job... oops :blush:

Tooooo late pip!!! I did the hook effect experiment and i have results! The diluted sample IS darker than the concentrated one! I will post a pic when I can use my hubby's computer. I also did an opk for fun and that's interesting too!

Wow, now that is a game I am interested in! I tried a few tests later on hoping for the hook effect but never thought of diluting! I may go for a cheeky pee in a bit and see what I come out with :haha:

I still haven't been able to catch up. Had a holiday party at work last night. I think I'm coming down with a cold. Remember how I said I never get sick? Well I think I'm getting proved wrong. I did just see Davies news about the scan. I was secretly hoping you would test because you and I had very similar hcg levels. I wondered if yours would be light too. Now I'm convinced our levels are both super high. The hook effect can start at 7 weeks. So pleased for your scan too. We are so close together. My bean measured 13mm on Monday.

Tracie, I haven't read the birth story yet, but had to look at your gorgeous girl. She is a sight to behold. Congrats!

Fili I'm looking forward to the test pics. I ran out of tests but wanted to try the experiment myself. I refuse to let myself buy anymore tests though.

I'm meeting a client this morning then coming home for the rest of the day. I'm going to hunker down and catch up on you all for real this afternoon.

Pip I used a ratio of 1:2 for the dilution. Im not sure at all if my hormone levels are even very high but it worked. I did 2 sticks each time just in case i had a bad batch.

davies - congrats on a good scan! I knew you would be fine, you can't trust sticks when you are so far along with high hcg levels- sorry you had to go through the stress!

9b - glad you saw the dr! i think it's just the low blood pressure messing with your eyes, i sometimes see little clear floaties and i'm sure it's blood pressure related (only happened once since preg though).

tracie - beautiful baby!

pip- so glad to hear you are feeling better!

heart - i read that you are more susceptible to colds when preg as it makes your immune system go down (unless you have my case in which the prednisone makes it go down...lol )

fili - that food did sound kinda gross. i just ate scrambled eggs/toast/ham/sausage and hash brown and am STUFFED.

afm: ordered a body preg pillow last night as i need to force myself to sleep on my side and get used to it. Comfort-U Total Body Pillow Full Support Pillow CU9000"
i can't believe how easy it was to buy something from my iphone laying in bed at midnight!
and, my lovenox shot last night left the tiniest mark it's ever left, so thank god.
i have my 3rd scan tomorrow, it's with some lady i've never heard of so we'll see. she must be a "normal" scan person and not one the specializes in rpl girls.

Aww hopeful, that sounds so amazing :munch: I could eat that too. I could eat anything in fact, I am just a food junkie at the moment. I am going on very long walks and calorie counting though otherwise, row of houses, size of! The pillow sounds like a great idea, hope it helps you, bet you
Just wished it would have appeared through your phone too! Are you still getting sore bbs? Mine are much more noticeably sore now but that just gives me something else to obsess over and hope it doesn't go away, so I'm trying to ignore them. :ignore: I am over the lack of cramps saga now! Not even thinking about it! :ignore: how are you coping with the taste of the steroids these days? Good luck with your scan tomorrow but im sure you wont need it! X x x

Hopeful I'm secretly happy about a little cold. I convinced myself I had high NK cells because I don't get sick. So I'm excited to be proved wrong.

Looking forward to hearing about your scan tomorrow. I'm sure it will be perfect!

Ok off to shower and get ready to meet my client. Back in a couple hours to catch up. xoxo

fili - i just live with the taste ;) it's ok, the problem is, and this is way overly paranoid - i just take one/day but after I put it in my mouth, i flip it on my tongue to make sure it's only 1 pill i put in my mouth - so crazy!
i do have sore bbs, the more sore when i wake up but really just sore when i push them duing the day.

thanks amanda! i'm sure the scan will be great, still makes me nervous though. i had acupuncture yesterday and it really helps to calm my nerves too but wears off after awhile.

we are telling dh's family on friday, his mom and her boyfriend know i'm preg but i don't think the others know and none of them know it's twins. i feel bad though as his bro's live in girlfriend never had kids, she's 41 or so? and his bro is "fixed" as he already has 2 kids (18 and 20) so he doesn't want any more. so i don't want to make a huge deal out of it but dh wants to tell his family.

i was thinking that i don't think i will ever get over how much i hated facebook and will probably never do an announcement on it - if there is just 1 girl out there on my friends list in our shoes, i would hate to do that to her. i still won't log into it unless i get an email from someone asking me to be a friend.

Jodi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->