PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

oooo hello ladies :) this is my 7th pregnancy and only child... i no its kinda late to join seeming im gunna pop anyday now :) thought id come say hi :)

:)

Good morning ladies! Slept like crap. Bad dreams mixed with insomnia. Awful. I am starving and need to eat and relax. I think my scan tomorrow has me stressed. Trying to deal but it is so hard st times.

hopeful- great scan pics!

Tracie- 7th time is the charm. A big congrats to you hon on getting close to the end!

Titi I hope your scan goes ok tomorrow. Don't forget to get pics to show us :)

I got 3+ on my digi today. It's not completely reassured me (I've been here before three times) but at least I know my levels are doubling at this point. Been talking to my bean today askin her to grow for mummy.

That's great embo :happydance:

Hi tracie :wave: Look at you! wow! Good luck! :happydance:

Anyone ever suffer dizziness as early as i am (13dpo) Was pottering about and just felt out of it. is that normal do you think? Had to sit down, soooo tired too.

Thanks fili. Dizziness is definitely one of my early pregnancy signs. In the TWW too.

Thanks embo, :flow: did you ever get early af cramping with your children? This is my new obsession. I'm pleased i've not got it. I always get it from 11dpo to say 5.5 weeks and of course miscarry. So now i've had no sign of cramping i'm more hopeful. Ive heard mixed stories though so what about you?

I think cramping is normal. All the things I've read says cramping is an early pregnancy symptom. But like all symptoms, you could have it or not!
I think the only thing that will put your mind at rest is a good scan. Will you be having an early scan?

ladies dont ever be afraid to worry... iv done it everyday for the last 33 weeks! i had severe cramps bleeding, the works. and gave up everytime... its ok to worry :)

xxx

Im having a scan after xmas at 6-7 weeks so going to try to chill out till then...try!! x

filipenko- I know your scan seems a ways off but it will be here before you know it!

I think cramping is normal too. Your body is changing to accomodate your LO!

I'll make sure I get a scan pic tomorrow - thinking optimistic right now.

Tititi- I was so nervous before my first scan but it will all be fine!

Davies- glad to hear your dreams are good! Sprouts can carry some bacteria if they are bad sprouts which is why they don't want you to eat them. Same with lunch meats. Cold cuts sitting around can get listeria which can be horrible for a pregnancy. . This is a more recent finding though. And here in the states, seems like they are trying to have us live in fear
constantly...listeria is really rare and they just keep playing it up.

Fili- i think you are fine, cramps or not and the steroids and intralipids will probably make you feel differently too. I think I would be a puking mess if it werent for the steroids but who knows. I do get cramps but I've got the two in there to make room for. I get scared when I have cramps and scared when they go away. I get dizzy early on too and still am. Both dizzy and ditzy. ;)

Tracie- welcome! I love a good success story. Congrats! Are you in the states or Europe? How did you get through the 1st tri? I am so nervous. Were you on any meds? I'm on lovenox and prednisone.

Embo- Can't wait to hear your beta numbers!

Bella- thank you! How are you feeling? Are you healing up?

Titi good luck for Tom Hun,
I had cramping everyday even just for 5 mins but def do have them?! I no it makes u worry an knicker check! But it's only growing isn't it? Xx

Embo well done on 3+!!! xx
Hopeful I am blond at best of times let alone bein pregnant! Putting bread in fridge keys in bread bin stupid things like that!

Tititi- I was so nervous before my first scan but it will all be fine!

Davies- glad to hear your dreams are good! Sprouts can carry some bacteria if they are bad sprouts which is why they don't want you to eat them. Same with lunch meats. Cold cuts sitting around can get listeria which can be horrible for a pregnancy. . This is a more recent finding though. And here in the states, seems like they are trying to have us live in fear
constantly...listeria is really rare and they just keep playing it up.

Fili- i think you are fine, cramps or not and the steroids and intralipids will probably make you feel differently too. I think I would be a puking mess if it werent for the steroids but who knows. I do get cramps but I've got the two in there to make room for. I get scared when I have cramps and scared when they go away. I get dizzy early on too and still am. Both dizzy and ditzy. ;)

Tracie- welcome! I love a good success story. Congrats! Are you in the states or Europe? How did you get through the 1st tri? I am so nervous. Were you on any meds? I'm on lovenox and prednisone.

Embo- Can't wait to hear your beta numbers!

Bella- thank you! How are you feeling? Are you healing up?

Im in the UK. I have no idea how i made it through first tri tbh lol.. i didnt find out i was preg until 7 weeks, came as a huge shock as id only got with my OH 9 months before and wasnt trying. Id had all my MCs with my ex husband. I have a chromosome problem so really i need a form of IVF n order to have a normal pregnancy, I went to every scan expecting the worst and at every scan she suprised us. Me and OH fell so in love with her and even more with eachother.
She will have a small test done on her at birth to see if she is like me, normal or will have any problems when shes older but she has shown no problems at all through my whole pregnancy, except she has a foot fettish lol.. always got her feet in her mouth!
She has defied all the odds, even my consultant was suprised she was all natural. Goes to prove it just takes one special try.

:)

Sorry everyone. I am sick with a cold so not online as much as I want to be. Hw is everyone? Io woke up with severe nausea. I love it though bc I get paranoid when I don't have symptoms as I am sure you all understand.

Davies- I'm still knicker checking all the time! Funny to hear about the keys. I thought lost mine and they were right in my purse.

Tracie- wow, that is amazing. I'm really happy for you. Is it a balanced translocation issue that you have?

Hi 9b! Hope you feel better. Glad to hear you have symptoms as they can help put your mind at ease.

Davies- I'm still knicker checking all the time! Funny to hear about the keys. I thought lost mine and they were right in my purse.

Tracie- wow, that is amazing. I'm really happy for you. Is it a balanced translocation issue that you have?

Hi 9b! Hope you feel better. Glad to hear you have symptoms as they can help put your mind at ease.

Yep they can. Are you having any symptoms hopeful? Sorry if you already posted that been a bit out of it. Hope you are doing well.

I also read you shouldnt eat cold lunch meat and thats hard for me because I love sandwiches, same with sprouts, not supposed to eat them. You can heat up lunch meat to steaming and its fine. It's just because there's that really rare chance of listeria (is that what it is)? Are you going to stay away from cold lunch meat?

I quizzed my RE on all sorts of foods because I love lunch meats and sushi.... He said sushi was great, and that he wished more pregnant women would eat it because it's such a great way of getting your omega-3s and that sushi-grade fish is super high quality and super fresh. He said to stay away from the swordfish and stick with the basics, but definitely gave me the :thumbup: on sushi. As for the lunch meats, he said it has more to do with deli meats cut in the store and the fact that there is typically a lot of cross-contamination on the slicers. He said pre-packaged lunch meat was fine, the kind that comes vacuum-sealed. So clearly there is a lot of conflicting advice out there on that one. :shrug: Personally, I haven't worried too much about the lunch meats (whether I'm pregnant or not) because I've been eating it for a bajillion years and have never ever gotten listeria before.... I have no problem avoiding the moldy cheeses, though - I am just not a moldy cheese kind of girl! :sick:

Like Hearty, I figure everything in moderation. If sushi weren't ok for pregnant women to eat, there would never be any healthy babies born in Japan. If the occasional glass of wine were so awful, there would be no healthy babies born in France.

In the uk we're allowed to eat cold meats. I've always wondered why American pregnant ladies aren't allowed :shrug: maybe you guys prepare your meats differently. It's a thinker!!

Sadly, I think it has more to do with lawsuits... we are such a litigious society that drs have to cover their a$$es and warn us off of every single tiny potential risk so that if something bad happens we can't come back and say we were never warned. We have also become an extremely risk-averse society over here - we somehow think that every single risk can be avoided throughout your entire life and that there's no such thing as an accident, or that bad stuff can happen for no reason - there has to be someone or something to blame. Therefore, when something bad does happen, it must be someone's fault - ie, let's blame the mother for losing her own baby - how dare she eat lunch meat! But every single one of us in here can attest to the fact that really bad stuff happens for no reason all the time, that you can do absolutely everything "right" during your pregnancy and lose your baby anyway... sometimes sh*t just happens. :sad1:

HA, I couldn’t agree with you more. Our society is so based in fear that we are told to stay away from everything for fear of a law suit. My step-father was a pediatrician but he was born and raised in Spain. His whole family still lives there. Drinking wine is part of the culture. He would always tell expecting mothers to have a glass of wine every now and again. He never got sued because it was never an issue. Of course, after all of my losses, I don’t think I’d be able to indulge in a glass of wine. Not now anyway, maybe in the third tri. And I can’t bring myself to drink a cup of tea for fear of the caffeine. Before my losses, I would have been fine with some green tea, but I’m just too scared.

Tracie, pleased to meet you and congrats on getting to the popping phase of pregnancy! I can’t wait to hear once you’ve popped. A woman on the RMC thread also has balanced translocation and just days ago suffered her 4th loss. I just told her about you to give her some hope.

Fili, yay on the lack of nightmares and cramping! I think anything that is different from the others is a good thing. I just had a lovely dream that I was pregnant and was invited to sing on stage with Sting. I kept rubbing my belly on stage. Normally I have pregnant dreams when I’m not pregnant. It was so nice to wake up from that dream this morning and remind myself that I am pregnant! Oh, and I don’t feel very dizzy, but I get a lot of head rushes. When I get out of bed, or if I stand up too quickly after sitting, I almost feel like I’m going to pass out. I have to grab onto something to steady myself. Once I didn’t have anything around to hold onto, so I crouched down and put my hand on the floor. I think it’s because we have so much more blood pumping in our bodies.

Puppy, hope the dedication went well today. Sounds like your symptoms are kicking in really early.

Titi, my heart goes out to you. I know how impossibly anxiety provoking scans are. With my first pregnancy I had some spotting around 6 weeks so I was sent for an early scan. They saw the little bean with a heartbeat. I didn’t realize that would be the last good scan I got for many more years. Every scan after that for that pregnancy and 3 more after that were all awful. I seriously believe I have PTSD around scans. When soldiers have severe PTSD, they don’t send them back into combat where they will be triggered again. But with our PTSD, we are constantly being thrown back into the trenches. The good scan I got on Friday was at a different clinic than I usually go to. The one I’m getting on Thursday is the place where I consistently get bad news. I’m almost hyperventilating just thinking about it. We’re here to hold your hand. And don’t forget, you are still so early that they might not see much.

Embo, yay for the 3+! Try as hard as you can not to compare this to the pregnancies that you lost. Try and compare this to the pregnancies that produced your gorgeous children.

9, having a cold is no fun when pregnant. You can’t really take anything to help move it along. Hope it goes away quickly.

Phew, by the time I wake up, you’ve all been up for hours and chatty. I feel like my morning posts are always novels! I’m having a bit of a freak out. I thought my nausea would be back today, but it’s not. Boobs still hurt, but I want my tummy to feel yucky! I was able to eat the Thai food just fine last night. It did cause a little heartburn, so I’m trying to take that as a good sign. I just really want to feel like crap! :rofl: That would make me feel so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->