PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Whoa heart, you are still working after the bleed? No sick leave? :nope:
The good news is that though unpleasant you know the bleeding is not coming from somewhere dangerous to your baby :hugs: soon you will be off work and I hope everyone takes great care of you!

Enbo, don't you like stilton? Do you realise you can eat any cheese cooked? And for some weird reason the NHS seem to now class stilton as a hard cheese (and thus safe) instead of a blue cheese (only safe when cooked)? Unless I am reading their website incorrectly...

Puppy,that incident you wrote of is making me seriously gag! No wonder you cried :hugs:

Fili, I'm cooking for just 8 adults (and my 11 months old nephews) so quite manageable, I think. I'm going to get people to help me this year, though.

Pip, I could have stopped working but the bleed was so short and small and has subsided to brown spotting that I thought I would be ok. But I think I might have overdone it which is why I'm still spotting. I'm going to work from home on Friday. Tomorrow I have to go in, but am going to sit as much as possible. If I bleed again I'm going to put myself on bedrest.

I feel so sick I can't imaging cooking for myself, nevermind 8 people! I would definitely ask for help if I were you. What are you cooking?

I'm with you heart, I can barely stomach cooking for myself let alone a bunch of people. Food just is a necessity these days!

Also heart I'm glad your going to be taking it easy after your bleed, sounds like it's nothing dangerous to you or baby but I'm glad it is lessening for you.

Hi To everyone else, I have the memory of a seive right now so can't remember everything but I hope everyone is going well in the lead up to xmas!!!

Oh boy. I was feeling so good sick-wose the past couple of days some stretching pains but not nausea to talk of, but then today as the cramps stopped the nausea hit strong! Oh my goodness. We were at the supermarket where I needed to get some crackers and some other snakc food because I am all out, but suddenly this wave of nausea hit and I wasn't sure I was going to keep my lunch down. I was worried i would just have to drop my basket and make a run for it! Luckily I had some water with me and managed to get home without puking, but even since, even with snacking on crackers and eating a spot of dinner I am feeling so sick. I am in bed. Wondering if I should try to throw up because I think it might help me eel better. And I HATE being sick, so to even think about that I know I must been feeling rough!

Heart - hubby and I had to have a code for wine drinking at Thanksgiving this year, we had JUST found out we were pregnant and I didn't want to say anything but I knew there would be questions if I didn't drink so I just said yes to wine a few times and then gave hubby the nod and he would drink my glass. No one noticed! It was actually kinda funny! I hope that you get a supportive and encouraging response if you do tell them.

We are telling our families on Christmas day. I will be just over 8 weeks so while we are still not out of the woods we feel as though we want them to know, and because we are staying with my in laws and hubbys sister will be there they would figure out something was going on. I am so tired and sicky and the hubs is overprotective.

I am glad to let the secret out. Its kinda stressful keeping it a secret!

Crouton- sorry you are so sick! I used to have Comcast and watched it in demand but we changed to direct tv and I LOVE it. Cheaper and way more channels with dvr for each box. I saw that show is on the 26th here but kinda too scared to watch it yet; looked so painful before

Heart- after my progesterone supp bleed, I had a little brown when wiped for 3-4 days, and I didn't have much blood, just there when wiped.

You girls make me so hungry. Is it common to eat parsnips raw like carrots? I put them in veggie soup once and they were great so I ate one raw, kinda like a strange carrot

Scan tomorrow. I even got the call today to schedule my NT scan, it's jan 16. That will be one to get way overly nervous for no reason for

Just, I'm with you on food just being a necessity. I just had steamed broccoli because I needed to eat something. Blah.

Croy, thanks for the tip about wine. I feel like these people would notice. One of them told my husband the other day that he was looking forward to "throwing some back with Amanda". My husband said I probably wouldn't be drinking that much. Knead thinking that now that I'm a little sick with a cold, I could use that as an excuse.

Sorry you are feeling so sick! I've fantasized about putting my finger down my throat to make myself puke, but I can't bring myself to do it!

Hopeful, you called Croy crouton! Spell check? Cute. I hope you are able to stay calm tomorrow before the scan. Is your hubby going with you? Thanks for sharing about the bleeding. I was doing some light cleaning and I felt a quick sharp pain. About an hour later, some more blood. Kind of brownish red and only a little. Damn it. I'm calling in sick tomorrow. I'm also wondering if I should go in on Friday and get that scan. I never cancelled the appointment. It's so hard to stay positive since this is how it went with my first pregnancy.

Oh and I've never had a raw parsnip, only roasted. I always wondered...

Be careful with the raw parsnip hopeful it might give you indigestion? And wishing you the very best of luck at your scan but i am sure you won't need luck and everything is going to be just perfect :cloud9: x x

Heart thanks for your comments about the tests, i think it is looking so far so good but I'm going to stop now! Embo had the same result on a frer too and she is doing well so I am happy! it definitely can't be nice to seethe bleeding and it is obviously a reminder of the shock you went through but as pip says at least you know it's of no danger to your baby x x

Pip if I cooked for 8 people I would eat it all before I served it! No sickness that bad for me!!! Good luck, sounds wonderful and yeah a little help wouldn't go amiss I'm sure! The steroids are getting to me now sleep wise, hence this post, I am wide awake and it's 4.40 in the morning. Just cannot :sleep:

I think I might ask for steroids if I ever get pregnant again just so I don't have nausea! LOL!

Fili I thinks it's a good idea to stop testing now. Those tests couldn't be more perfect and you don't want to freak yourself out like Davies and I did.

I did stick the fingers down my throat last night I just needed some relief but only puked a little before I couldn't do it anymore. I never puke but god sometimes I just wish I could. i wish fruit and veggies were appealing atm only salt helps, vegemite is my friend!

Nothing seems to be my friend foodwise. But salty things are much more appealing than sweet. I've never had much of a sweet tooth though. Avocados seem to be the only thing that hasn't turned on me. The broccoli tonight was ok too. It's amazing that babies can thrive in early pregnancy. It seems like most pregnant women can barely eat and when they do, it isn't very nutritious.

I have to go take my vitamins now and I'm dreading it. They make me sick too!

Jw I'm loving salt too! I just ate two salty rice cake things for my 'breakfast' !
I'm watching a romantic christmas movie, eating salty cakes and b and b ing at 4 in the morning! Are you sure you want the steroids heart?! me and hubby are going on another big walk today so I can burn some of these cals, trying to stick to 2000 a day. Not vain just don't think it will be healthy for the baby to put on too much weight. We are even thinking of watching a matinee show in the west end but it depends on how much work hubby has to do. If he thinks he can get it all done this morning we are going! :happydance:

Heart my friend who is eight months now lost a stone in early pregnancy she was so sick!

I think it's pretty common to lose weight in the first trimester. I've gained a few since I'm not going to the gym anymore. That's ok, my husband thought I was getting too skinny, bless him!

For anyone with nausea, I just remebered that Preggie Pops are supposed to help. They can be ordered on Amazon. Going to get me some!

Fili, you need to get some rest! But sounds like you're making the best of it!

Ooh preggie pops what are they?

Hey English girls I was up with our American friends this morning :smug: I'm on their time now!

Heart - have you tried the gummy vitamins. They are easier on your tummy and I can chew them no problem. I think its a smart move to call in sick tomorrow and if I were you I would want to go and see the bean again. I just love the scans. I know they can be stressful to wait for but this could just be really reassuring for you.

I love that she called me crouton! ha ha

I am loving these lentil crackers tonight, salty but not too much of a flavor otherwise. I will have to get some of the preggy pops, I forgot about those. I think they sell them at Whole Foods too.

Poor hubby is still sick with the flu. He just took a long bath to try and ease his aches and pains, but he can't seem to get a handle on his temperature. He is still sleeping in the guest room to keep the flu from me, and the baby. He keeps telling me, "it's too much of a risk babe". Its cute to see him so concerned but I hate sleeping alone, even though I know its the smart thing. I just want him to get better!!!

One other tip which I meant to share was crystal mountain fizzy water. The bubble help settle my stomach and the slight flavor makes it easier to drink than just plain water.

I am off to bed ladies, but I hope you all have a good nights sleep.

Ooh preggie pops what are they?

Hey English girls I was up with our American friends this morning :smug: I'm on their time now!

They are lolly pops that are supposed to settle your tummy
https://www.amazon.com/Preggie-Pops-Lolliepop-Kosher-Lollipop/dp/B0006O2NNC/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

I think they are basically hard candy

Jw I'm loving salt too! I just ate two salty rice cake things for my 'breakfast' !
I'm watching a romantic christmas movie, eating salty cakes and b and b ing at 4 in the morning! Are you sure you want the steroids heart?! me and hubby are going on another big walk today so I can burn some of these cals, trying to stick to 2000 a day. Not vain just don't think it will be healthy for the baby to put on too much weight. We are even thinking of watching a matinee show in the west end but it depends on how much work hubby has to do. If he thinks he can get it all done this morning we are going! :happydance:

Can I ask which steroids you are on?
I am taking Dexamethason along with my progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin.

The only new thing added this time was the dexamethason (steroids) and so far it seems to be doing the trick - hitting 8 weeks tomorrow, God willing!

My doctor told me the Dex could give me insomnia and told me to take it as early in the day as possible to help ease that. It can make it harder to fall asleep but the peeing wakes me up anyway. It also make me really nauseous if I don;t have a full tummy when I take it.

Hi croyden, I hope your husband gets better soon he sounds like he has a really bad dose and he sounds very sweet too.

I'm on prednisolone which is a cortisoid and supposed to suppress the immune system. Is that the same type of thing you're on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->