PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

I'm also on progesterone from ovulation, aspirin all the time, and omazoprale digestion tablets. I have been getting queasy very first thing in the morning before and after taking them. I know you have to eat before taking them so I can usually manage a banana. So what's the reason you're on steroids then? Would you credit the steroids with your success now then? x

Hi croyden, I hope your husband gets better soon he sounds like he has a really bad dose and he sounds very sweet too.

I'm on prednisolone which is a cortisol and supposed to suppress the immune system. Is that the same type of thing you're on?

I am not totally sure! I know that mine suppress my cortisol production. I suffered with anxiety disorder when I was younger so I now what too much cortisol feels like. I guess in early pregnancy your cortisol goes crazy and its totally normal but if your cortisol is already crazy then too much of it can be a trigger for what they call spontaneous abortion.
In my other 5 pregnancies I have known I was pregnant from day 1 because I got so nauseous and shaky with anxiety symptoms. I talked to my doctor about it after the first few losses, and she agreed it could be an issue.
My levels never tested high, but they never tested me when I was pregnant.

This is the first time we have got pregnant with the steroids being on the plan. I was worried because it was the first time in a pregnancy I had not felt awful from the word go. Clearly that was not how you were supposed to feel! This time my symptoms have been much more in line with what is considered normal. I believe that finding out about the cortisol was totally an answer to prayer, and not we wait to see if this pregnancy really works!

I take the progesterone from ovulation too, and started baby aspirin at a positive hpt.

I know i will be scared to come off the meds in a few weeks. The doctor told me I would be on them until 10 or 12 weeks

Snap snap snap on all counts!! Oh exciting I hope this was the answer for us. One of my major symptoms was anxiety at the beginnin of pregnancy and I was just plagued with nightmares. This time I am quite chilled by comparison and no nightmares. Amazing that we have similar stories / treatment a million miles apart! If I could just measure on time at a scan I wouldn't worry about the pregnancy forever more after that I don't think. Did you always measure behind? X

Another thing was I always felt really really I'll in early pregnancy just awful, not even particularly sick but just really dizzy and awful, but this time not!

Oh and i did test very high for nk cells at the beginning of my last pregnancy when i wasn't on the steroids so this could mean high cortisol as my immune system was in overdrive!

I never got far enough for a scan before. I lost all of them before 5 and a half weeks. This time the scans have been looking good. I know other ladies have been given dates telling them they were measuring a few days ahead or behind but my doc just tells me I am measuring on target. I am sure it is not exact, and I haven't asked he to be more specific. I think it would worry me. So far things are looking like they match my dates but I could be measuring a bit behind or ahead.

I am having weekly scans so it is amazing to see everything getting so big in there. I guess it makes me feel better about all the stretching I am feeling. Got to make room for our little blueberry!

That's wonderful, I think this is your sticky forever baby for sure! I was always over a week behind dates by the later scans and for me personally with the way i know my pregnancies go I know that would not be a good sign but that's not going to happen this time! X

Hey ladies sorry iv been absent... been catching up on sleep and tending to little miss.

How are you all? you all still sick and hungry all the time :D

xxx

Morning ladies, does anyone no of anything I can take to help aid my nausea in uk?? I'm really really sicky from morn until night when I shut my eyes! Feel awful can't move talk eat even water is hard now my heads pounding!! Help I need a few hours off!! X

Thanks tracie I'm going to go get some when the room stops spinning! I honestly feel hungover headache an sicky permanently! Do I buy them in a chemist?
How's the diva?? How you feeling? Xx

Davies, I bought my bands at my local pharmacy. Then I noticed they were much cheaper on eBay :dohh: you might be hard pushed to get them posted before Christmas now, though.

Gosh, busy night on the sickness and roids, I see! I myself was up until 3am unable to lay down due to severe nausea :nope:
What helped me most weeks ago was a slice of fresh ginger in boiled water. I'd sniff at it and drink it. Now I've had so much of the stuff I'm fed up. I drink peppermint tea instead.

Croydon, fili, I slowly came off the steroids after 12 weeks and was actually really excited. I listened to ducky's heartbeat every day on a doppler and was reassured. All went well! Our doctors really know what they are doing: thousands of ladies have successfully followed this protocol before us!

As for our Christmas food. DH is in charge of Christmas eve (salmon on homemade blinis as nibbles during the afternoon followed by cheese fondue - he is French and comes from the fondue region - the cheese for it has been sitting in our fridge for weeks since FIL brought it from France). If I am feeling up to it I will make caviar of courgette starters with parmesan and cream (prepared the day before - oops, that's tomorrow :shock:).
On Christmas day I am roasting a turkey with chestnut stuffing, honey-roast parsnips, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes (with cream - yumm!), brussel sprouts, red cabbage, maybe also a butternut squash, broccoli, peas and baby carrots (need to check the shopping list)
It sounds complicated but just needs organisation to time things right. The only thing really work heavy is the gravy. I'm going to make a stock with the turkey's neck and then make the gravy from scratch.
Seriously, I'm not usually the cook in the house but I can make a roast :smug:
My husband says that's a genetic thing for being British :haha:

And luckily I am usually ok in the mornings. I've been doing pretty well with the nausea over the past week or so in general. I think (hope) yesterday was just a blip

Heart, I'd just say sod it and not go to work anymore before Christmas. If your work allows it, of course. It must be difficult in your work because you don't want to leave vulnerable people in the lurch before a stressful event like Christmas :hugs: Still, baby comes first!
I really don't know what to advise on the scan. I always think what if it's the worst case scenario? How would you handle that? Still take part in the celebrations and knock back those few with your friends? Or cancel everything? Incredibly, I have not been pregnant over Christmas so I really have no experience to pull from (my closest loss was Dec 18th, which was still manageable iygwim).
As for the drinking, is the dinner close enough that you could be the designated driver for the night and then pretend sip on a glass of wine (with DH helping you out)? Could you feign a poorly pet you cannot leave alone overnight?

Hey Ladies :hi: Do you mind if I join? I've had 2 prior losses, no children yet.. I'm on Progesterone suppositories for low Progesterone levels (Prometrium) and I'm taking low-dose aspirin.

Here's my darkest FRER from 8DPO

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1197.jpg

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1196.jpg

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1196-1.jpg

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1200.jpg

Here's my IC at 9DPO with FMU (yesterdays IC was stark white!)

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1205.jpg
https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1206.jpg

I conceived on Clomid & the thought of twins is starting to freak me out a little :haha: I feel so blessed to be pregnant again, but am praying for a sticky bean.. Terrified of loosing again! My first beta is next Tuesday & they're checking my Progesterone also to make sure that I am on a high enough dosage & then I go back for a beta again next Thursday.

Thanks for your advice pip and your food sounds wonderful!! It actually made my mouth water. You're going to have a wonderful day. It must be so reassuring for you to be able to listen to the heartbeat when you like. Bliss!
I'm not feeling pregnant today at all. My bbs are only very slightly sore and just that normal bit of nausea I have in the mornings. I had the tiniest cramp spasm on a walk for 2 secs. My hunger has subsided today. Did you have days of 'not feeling pregnant' at 5 weeks pip?

Hiya Florida girl! Of course you're welcome, so sorry for your losses x x
Are you a poas test addict like me? If I look at your tests I will be 'triggered' to go test on my ic's again for the 100th time this week! :haha: I haven't tested today yet! I hope this is your sticky bean!!

EDIT I looked! Congratulations on your bfp and good luck next Tuesday! X x

SOrry I haven't gotten on here. I am doing ok. I got tons of referrals yesterday, one for a nw rhemy, new ob- gyn, and an optometrist. Just pray I get seen before 3 months bc that is when I switch insurances. My husband is getting out of the military so we lose tricare on April 1st. Yesterdays appt was hellish, stupid woman, didn't scan me like she said she would, said there was no need, even th ough previously saying she would. She just gave me prenatals, didn't do any tests, did not refill my planaquil, so now I have to go to another rheumy to get it again bc she refused to refill it, bc it was an old PCM/pbgyn that prescribed it and that doctor is no longer seeing pregnant patients bc their liability insurance is too expensive apparently. I just get all this bad news in one appt. So now i refuse to see th is woman again bc apparently she thinks it is not ok to either write an new prescription foR planaquil, even though my old obgyn/pcm did. She thinks I should hve to see an new rheumy, to get it, I guess to cover her ass. I don't know. It makes no sense. I am beyond livid about it. Anyways I am still pregnant, blood came back with over 8000 , but just not thrilled with how I am being treated. I thought this one would be better.

And straight after appt I went to my grandmas funeral. So I really didn't feel like updating yet. Been an upsetting day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->