PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

U ladies put me to shame I sat on my fat arse!! Whilst I paid my step daughter to clean!! My husband brought me a gorgeous antique bed I wanted it's very French boudouir! (can't spell!) I came home an it's in my bedroom! So exciting! We haven't decorated our bedroom since we moved here so it may give us a leg up!
Well I have just eaten half a tube of sour cream pringles!! Taking advantage of a hungry moment!! Merry Xmas ladies xxx

Thank you all for your endless support in what could possibly b the hardest time! Thankyou for letting me support u all to as it makes me feel strong wishing you all merry Xmas an our lil beans stay lovely an snuggled in our tummys!! Xx

Heart, sending floaty kisses to your little angels today :kiss:

Davies, surely, the other half of the Pringles tube feels lonely and is asking to be eaten, too!

Embo, I know all the US ladies are warned off it but in the UK it is considered fine to eat cold meats. Unless by ham you meant something like a joint?

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends on here! Lots of love to you all x x x x x x x

Heart I felt like you the night before last at 1 in the morning when I burst into tears in bed for the same reason. It's a grieving process, it's going to take time and the 1st tri is so so hard because of what we've been through. Will think of you today x x x sending you lots of online hugs x x x

Heart...hugs lady...it's such a tough journey and you are still on it :hugs: be kind to yourself

Just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and hope you all have a fab day :hugs:

XxX

Merry Christmas Ladies and Beans! Haven't caught up but wanted to wish everyone happy holidays and a very pregnant new year!!

Merry Christmas lovely ladies. Davies Congrats on 8 weeks!

Am going to have a full day of snuggles with my man watching movies and making a big brunch for the two of us. Hope you all get a lot of snuggles and love today.

Hello ladies

Firstly apologies that I haven't been on :( I've been in hospital.

This is long!

As you know, on Friday I had bad pain which I thought was heartburn but no amount of indigestion remedy made it go away so it stayed with me all day at varying pain levels. When I went to bed it was a dull ache and so I thought I'd sleep on it and it'd all be gone the next day. Sadly not.

I woke at 5am on Christmas Eve with the most horrific chest pains. I struggled to the loo and got back into bed trying to breathe through the pain but I thought 'this is ridiculous' so I came downstairs to call NHS Direct and ask their advice. I gave the lady all my details and she got a nurse to call me back (this is how they do things there and it took over 45 mins from first call to finishing the conversation).

She advised me to call my GP out of hours and get someone to examine me ASAP - so on to call them. They had the same process as above so I got a call back from a nurse who asked if I thought I'd need an ambulance and tbh the pain by this point was horrific and I couldn't breathe deeply because of it so I was starting to panic. I agreed and broke down on the phone so she arranged it.

At about 6.30am I had an ambulance come to the house, blue lights going, I opened the front door and literally collapsed in the doorway. The paramedics were lovely and walked me, one on each arm, in to the ambulance and on to the chair.

I was shaking so much they couldn't get an accurate BP measuring, they thought I was cold because it was freezing out and I had my nightie and a dressing gown on but I wasn't. I'm not sure why I was shaking so much really.

They did all the normal checks; ECG, BP, etc, my bpm was at 130 and I was very scared! They examined me for about 15mins and then suggested that I go in to hospital.

Through all this my husband had slept! I asked one of the paramedics to wake him which they did, then he came down and said he wouldn't come because someone needed to stay with Laura :( he wouldn't come with me :(

Anyway, off we went to hospital. On route I started to get a weird cramp in my hands and then pins and needles. I couldn't move my hands and when I mentioned it to the paramedic he told me I needed to slow my breathing and my bpm was at 150. I couldn't move my hands at all at this point and the paramedic rushed over to undo my seatbelt so I could put my head between my legs and concentrate on breathing.

We got to the hospital and they brought me a wheelchair but I couldn't hold the paramedics hand to get off the ambulance because I couldn't move my fingers at all. They took me into the A&E and booked me in, the nurses there took over then and put me on a bed, put oxygen on me, hooked me up with BP monitors and an ECG, put blankets on me and took blood. It was all very quick.

I was left to breathe and calm down for a while (I have no idea of timescales from here on in!) and everything sort of ticked on around me. I had some breakfast which was shockingly awful, my husband arrived at about 8.30am with Laura and the Dr came to see me to examine me and ask me a huge pile of questions.

He said that my bloods had come back positive for a blood clot but he did say sometimes pregnancy can make it positive so they weren't 100%. He said my heart looked fine but my bpm was high, possibly relating to the pain. He gave me a brufen for the pain but the pharmacist later scratched it on my notes and changed it for paracetamol because of the baby. He said he wanted to do more bloods at about 5pm and to keep checks on my blood oxygen levels.

I spent most of the day then lying around waiting for Drs and bloods and updates, not a lot happened really. I tried to sleep but it was so noisy with machines bleeping and nurses chattering (I was right by the desk).

They did more bloods and another Dr came round to check me and ask all the same damn questions. She wanted me to have an xray and said they'd protect the baby from the rays but obviously it isn't ideal - she wanted to make sure I didn't have a blood clot in my lungs. This was early evening, about 6ish? I had the xray and they came back normal which was obviously a relief.

There was another Dr on then after this who said something about checking my blood gases which involved a needle being put along the vein in my wrist - let me tell you this hurt like you can't even imagine!!!! She failed on first attempt and I was literally climbing the walls - crying my eyes out with the pain. She asked me if she could try again but I said no. She kept asking and I didn't give in, she tried to say it was the 'decider' in me staying in or not - that didn't change my mind!!!

They said they wanted to do a scan, they didn't say what type, to rule out blood clots etc but the radiographer said he wouldn't do it until Wednesday so they decided to give me Clexane shots and agreed I could go home as long as I promised to come back every day in between to get the shots.

Haha, more needles! I honestly cannot tell you how many holes and bruises I have! The Clexane shots sting like a biatch after they've been given, the first one was done in my arm but today's I asked them to do in my tummy. That one hurt a little less.

I was discharged last night at 9pm.

Wow this is long! Sorry xx

Jeez, Puppy! That's horrific! Sadly, I can relate :( I had clots in my lung and I had a number of arterial blood gases taken from my vein. Two doctors were really good, the third kept stabbing around my ligaments or something and after failing both wrists I was crying, swearing and DH was ready to punch her!

It is the most painful medical test I know and I wouldn't wish it in anybody - so sorry you had to have it. And after such a scary night, too :hugs:

I hope they can figure you out. To be honest, the nasty blood test is safer for the baby than a ct scan, which is the only scan I think they can diagnose a clot in the lungs with (my lung x rays were always clear despite me having hundreds of clots). Maybe something to discuss further with the docs. I'm not even sure they can give you a ct scan if you are pregnant :shrug:

Not the best Christmas in your household :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks hun, that's very helpful. Can I ask what the pain was like when you had the clots? I haven't been given a definitive diagnosis but since I've been having the Clexane the pain has reduced drastically :)

I'm sorry you had it too. That Dr kept digging up and down in my vein. :(

Urgh, it feels like they are poking around your ligaments in little stabbing motions, doesn't it? :sick: Disgusting!

Surprisingly, I wasn't in any pain at all when I went into hospital, I just couldn't breathe properly. That's why nobody took me seriously. NHS Direct told me not to make a fuss and breathe into a paper bag :dohh: My GPs (this went on for a long time) told me I must just be stressed.

I had blue fingernails when I tried to do any housework, I couldn't go get a coffee without stopping to catch my breath on the way to the kitchen and every so often my heart would race for no reason. I do remember once having a stabbing pain on the left side of my chest. I was at work, I couldn't move and it took my breath away. After about a minute I started wondering what to say to my colleague next to me as I thought I might need help but it calmed down.
In the end I had some swelling in my leg and finally my GP took notice. At the hospital they still didn't believe it was my lungs and were very surprised when the ct scan showed otherwise. Then I was finally given loads of oxygen and felt much much better :D

That's why I have to have injections throughout pregnancy and for six weeks after giving birth. Just to make sure I don't have another clot.

I also inject before long flights and for a week after any surgery.
I hope this isn't what you have, btw, but if it is, feel free to ask me any question you have :hugs:

Omg puppy, that's awful. What a rubbish couple of days!! I hope you get well soon Hun xxxxx

Puppy that is a horrific story. Are you still feeling the pain? I'm so glad you got medical attention for this. You most definitely made the right decision! I hope the clexane does the trick. Maybe you'll get an early scan to look for clots in your uterus. I hope you are able to rest now. xoxo

Merry christmas ladies xxxx

Happy 8wks Davies xxx

Oh puppy hope you are ok x I not sure what scan you have to get but I was supposed to get an MRI on fri I cancelled because of pregnancy but I done research on it an if it's really needed they will do it the thing is they don't really know what the risks are as obviously the can't do trials on pregnant woman x wishing you a very fast recovery xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->