PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Puppy, that is just awful, I saw it in your journal too. Good to know the clexane is helping. I am on lovenox, it fuckin stings! Helps to ice for 5 mins before and 5 min after if you can.

Pip- how high up do you give your injections? I started doing them at and a little above belly button level and didn't bruise. Knock on wood. When I go low I bruise like mad

We had the 5th warmest Xmas on record! Last year we had the 4th snowiest winter on record...I like it warm!

Thanks petispas, that's very helpful.

They did check my legs when they were examining me, the dr explained he was checking for clots.

I was given the option to inject myself but i couldn't do that. I'm rubbish with needles.

I had trouble breathing today, walked the short distance to my mums and was so tired. Eating is hard too, sounds funny but its so much energy!

Hopeful, I do it more on the sides. You should always stay about 1" away from your belly button (you've probably seen that in your instructions leaflet) but can go in all directions right out to your love handles. I mostly avoid the middle just below and above my belly button. Don't know why :shrug:

It really shouldn't sting too much if you inject the liquid slowly enough. If I feel a sting mid-way through the injection I take a break for a few seconds and then continue. Some spots are a little more ouchy than others and many people have a favourite side (mine happens to be the left). The bruises seem to be a bit hit and miss, depending on whether you come across a blood vessel or not. I find that I am more likely to bleed and bruise if it hurts when the needle goes in so I tend to test the waters a little with the needle. If I feel it scratch I move to a different spot. This is not an officially recommended method, btw!
Generally, I'd just try to slow down further on the liquid going in. If it takes almost a minute but doesn't hurt, so be it.

Heart, you mentioned to me about vitamins and sickness. I stopped taking my vitamins when I was sick and didn't start when I continued to feel nauseous. I started back up last night and felt mostly ok today! So I've been thinking of you :D I'm staying on my vits now!

Puppy, even thinking uses oxygen! So don't be surprised if your memory goes to pot for a while :hugs:

I was wondering about what scan you might have and what heart wrote triggered a thought. I read about a lady who had a blood clot near her uterus . It's much rarer than having one in the leg but is something I believe they can check for with a doppler ultrasound.

I still hope this isn't what you have but if it is you will be joining a whole host of ladies on here also injecting with heparin :hugs:
If it helps, I was a total needlephobe when I was diagnosed :blush: now look at me! :haha:

Would you get chest pain from a clot near the uterus? I'm such a newb here!

They said with RPL and being pregnant I'm more liable to clot

Puppy, the problem with a clot (mine was in the leg, who knows, you might have one in your pelvis somewhere) is that if left untreated bits can break off. These bits travel through the blood stream, through the heart and then get stuck in the lungs. I'm sure your doctors told you that but big ones lodging in your lungs can kill you within minutes (don't be afraid - this is rare and you are protected now that you are on heparin!). Little clots block the blood supply to parts of your lungs so that even though you can breathe in enough volume of air the blood isn't there to pick up the oxygen. This is what makes you breathless and can also cause pain. Some people even cough up blood!
The clots in the lungs can also cause a change in blood pressure (in your lungs,not overall). This causes a strain on your heart (thankfully, mostly just temporary!), which is why one of the symptoms can be an increased heart rate and maybe this also contributes to the pain?
I'm no medical professional, I just did a lot of reading up and this is how I understood it.

Well I was just about to go to bed an noticed mail in front of micro must have came yest when I was otherwise occupied playing midwife lol an typical no one told me! Its my booking app an 12wk scan app so delighted x bookin app 1st feb 12wk scan on 16th feb an my early scan 20th of jan gives me something positive to hold onto! Not sure I'll be able to sleep now lol xxx

Oooh that's interesting. Thanks hun.
I was scared to read up too much tbh because Google can be viscious and i need to stay calm lmao.

I don't know what the next plan will be if the scan is clear. Cross that bridge if we get to it i guess :shrug:

In other (good) news by LMP i'd be 7 weeks today - ticker is by ov

Mrsk- I meant to tell you good job with that birth, it would freak me out. I need to start watching videos or something.

Pip - thanks for reminding me to needle test spots, got a painful one and barely stuck needle in then got a nice one and hardly felt it, and timed it for 1 min of injection.

Hi hopeful how u? Wow puppy u poorly lady!! Ah I cried when you said you were on Your own must if been v scary!! I don't really understand what's wrong though? A clot but they don't no where is that right? What do they do for it? You poorly lady did u actually have a Xmas day?
Mrs k yay for appointments!!
Afm took tablets yest an managed to eat! Certain food doesn't taste right though do you ladies have that? My mum brought me massive box of milk tray chocolates! None tasted right but they did to everyone else?! X

Happy 7wks puppy xxx

Hopeful it was the best experience ever! Still bring tears to my eyes when I think about it x going out today to buy some pink things for her as she's none an nearly all her White stuff too small totally excited lol x feeling much better than I thought as I'd have been due news yrs eve but since I have a new baby baking it makes it so much easier to deal with xx

Happy boxing day everyone xxx

Yeh Davies, haven't had a definitive diagnosis. Having a scan on Wednesday and then we'll know more :) x

Morning ladies hope you all had a nice relaxing xmas :)

me and my OH just put on our all in ones and slouches all day with little miss... it was lovely. Shes abit sniffly tho :( poor little lady. cant believe shes a week old today scary to think this time last week i was just being told i was indeed in established labour!!

Aw Tracie, you're doing so well! :hugs:

Puppy, I don't know. If all is clear maybe they check your heart is ok? If not put it down to anxiety or maybe treat you with heparin just in case? There are pretty specific plans on how to proceed with this. First thing is always to rule out clots. Then I guess they work their way down the list?

You know, during my recovery I had chest pains twice. Once I went to the hospital. They checked me over but couldn't find anything. The next day I started with a heavy cold. The second time it didn't seem urgent and I went to my GP. Apparently, I pulled a muscle between my ribs when I laughed so much at Jedward's Britney song! :dohh:

Davies, when I talk about clots, what I really mean is deep vein thrombosis (DVT). I don't mean the type of clots you get after a miscarriage, which is congealed blood after a bleeding event. I hope that makes sense...
Unfortunately, about 1 or 2 in 1000 pregnant women develop a DVT but most of the time it happens in the leg and is caught before bits break off and get into the lungs. The treatment is with heparin (something many rpl-ers take anyway) which stabilises the existing clot and lets the body do the work of safely breaking it down.

Puppy, you do well not to Google. I thought you might, which is why I included the scariest risk but that you are protected from it now :hugs: your doctors will figure this out, I'm sure!

Thanks ladies don't feel as silly now! Lol! Puppy I have scan wed to!! Xxx

Hey ladies hope you all had a good Christmas day. I was so busy all day it past in a blur! I was spotting pinky red last night. I hope it was just because I was so busy. I've had nothing since so hopefully I'll be ok.
Scan Friday. I'm so scared!

Davies, you're not silly! I only know about this stuff because I happened to have it myself. I didn't know much before I started reading up on it.

Enbo, how scary :hugs: but hopefully that was just a one-off. Are you on the progesterone pessaries? Because they can cause some irritation...

Yes I'm on Cyclogest pessaries twice daily. I actually forgot to use it yesterday morning. Do you think I'd be ok missing one? Im not having any other bad signs ie cramping, loss of symptoms so I'm hoping it's just a one off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->