PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Sore when I push but I constantly wear sports bra! I'm gonna go an take it off an see if I can feel something lol!! My tummys full an bloated just don't feel sick that's my problem! I want another scan to reassure me! I didn't have any symptoms the day of scan or yesterday!! Well sore bbs! So I should stop bein an idiot! But u no what it's like! X

davies - you are fine! ;) my bbs don't really feel sore at all after wearing a sports bra for days (it's a looser one too, not a tight spandexy one)

anyone ever seen the movie The Holiday? Just watched it last night, reminded me of you UK girls...

Love that film hopeful!! I love Cameron Diaz house!! I'm watching twins with arnie an Danny devito!! How wierd!! Xx

I never saw the Hokiday. I'll get it from Netflix.

Davies the boobs are enough of a symptom. But I totally understand the paranoia too. Especially if this is your critical week. I just know everything is fine though.

Oh yes I definitely think you should wait until at least 6 weeks. But remember you still might not see much. Super early scans can cause more stress than necessary.

Thankyou hearttree, i'm might see if i can wait til 7 weeks, until then i'm gonna try my best not to stress.
Now all i have to decide is whether i come home to the uk or stay out here in the sunshine ???

Thanks for your kind messages everyone. Ive been discharged from hospital now thank god. The consultant came to see me and said that he doubted it was ectopic as hormone levels so high. He said the donut shape thing was the corpus lteum and to get rescanned in a week. He said that the cut off guidelines to diagnose a miscarriage in this situation is the sac has to be 25mm and mine is 20. So basically have t wait a week to just get it over with. There's a fraction of hope but with my history and this the doctor said he didn't want to give me false hope.

fili- I'm glad you got better info and I will be holding out hope for you and waiting with you hon, holding your hand. Try to hang in there honey. xxx

Ok Fili, now time for some deep breaths. I agree that I don't think it's an ectopic. I'm glad the doctor says the same thing. Did you look at the website I sent? https://www.squidoo.com/highhCG

There are lots of women who had levels like yours and then went back and saw the baby. There is still some hope but I know how hard this next week will be. I'm praying as hard as I can for you and this bean.

Thanks everyone, I had a look at that site heart thank you x x x I just wish that the consultant had been in the scan room now at the time and then I maybe wouldn't have had all the stress of a possible ectopic too!! Titi looks like we are in similar situations, where are you up to scan finding wise now? anyway the consultant was confident it was an intrauterine pregnancy so will just have to wait and see i suppose...
Embo I hope this hasnt put too much of a downer on your great news! So pleased for you!! X x x x

glad to hear you are home fili and that it's not ectopic! we still have hope here - i hope you are somehow able to try and relax a little. you are still pretty early and have time

Oh and the two people who scanned me were just horrible too. One was the sonographer and one was a doctor, not the consultant. After they'd just seen the sac, they talked about the findings to each other, not me, and mentioned the word ectopic 3 times. Then they said they discuss everything with me later, they just discuss it between themselves for now. When I asked if I could know whether there was an actual baby there they just brushed over it. So i had to lie there waiting while they talked over me, typed up notes and poked and prodded. They were good at explaining what was happening eventually though but in hindsight they should have got the consultant in there and then I think.

Fili that's exactly why I was so upset when I heard your news. You're so thoughtful of others. Don't you worry about my day, you concentrate on you and your bubs. We'll all be praying that s/he grows.

I hate it when the medical profession talks as if we weren't there. If I were you I'd be considering putting a little complaint in, although I know it's the last thing on your mind right now. :hugs:

Oh fili sounds like a rough time hun, I def think u may still have a chance Hun! Def not eptopic which is a blessing I suppose! I had an awful sornogrsoher one to an she was like yeah it's a miscarriage get dressed you will need to talk to the other lady!! Bloody awful!! I would complain! I really think ur only early so don't stress I no it's so much easier said than done but try sweetie xx

Fili I had a similar experience with my first scan of this pregnancy. I was 5+5 and they saw an irregular shaped gestational sac, no yolk sac and no fetal pole. They also saw something near my ovary and weren't sure if it was an ectopic. I sat there for 20 minutes with a wand up inside me as 2 sonographers looked at the screen with concern. They kept pointing at things and shaking their heads. I could never see the screen. I finally just started bawling and asked them if it was ectopic. They said they didn't think so but couldn't be sure. That's all they told me! It's our bodies and our babies and we're the last to know! It's so cruel. When I went in for my next scan at that same place a week later they were in awe about how much had changed for the better. It can happen.

Florida that's wonderful news hon. I'm so pleased for you. Will you be getting any more betas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->