PAL - August 2012 Rainbow babies!

Babybumplove so glad things are getting done now;) bet that's a relief!

Chisox, not much longer! She looks amazing as usual:) she is so one of those people who look adorable the whole pregnancy ;)

AFM, hoping to get hospital bags packed, car seat cleaned and installed, and any last minute stuff done today on my day off. Not sure I can stay motivated all day though, lol. I'm starting to panic about it not being done yet though so hoping that keeps me motivated.

chisox your wife is just so darn cute! :flower:

jd I hear ya...I still havent had DH install the car seats yet (in fact we just ordered the second base two days ago so waiting for it to arrive in the mail!). Or done the packing. I have been putting off the packing because most of the stuff I plan to pack, I still wear ALL THE TIME! My favorite clothes at the moment! Just dont want to part with them for what COULD be another 5 weeks! :wacko: I did manage to purchase a nightgown and a robe though, so I see that at some progress. :haha:

Hey girls :wave:

Everyone is looking sooo awesome!!! Happy Friday you guys! I'm sooo relieved this week is OVER!! Its been a tough one....found out I had an infection under an old root canal and have been on antibiotics for days plus had to get it extracted on Wenesday with very little anesthetic!!! OMG that's all I can say!!! On to happier news I saw my little Melina and she's measuring almost 2weeks ahead ;o!!! We were soo happy to see how big and healthy she is in there! Such a great feeling! Explains how big and healthy mommy is looking too! LOL

Whats everyone up to this weekend? We've got bases in the car and a preliminary bag ready but i gotta buckle down and get more ready and settled so I can relax ;) We ordered our rocker finally too so that's coming at the end of the month and we got the wall decals just yesterday so those are going up! YOUPIE! New pics to come soon ladies!

32.jpg

34 1/2 wks:) Def am ready to be done now, lol. I'm starting to be veeeerrry uncomfortable all the time.

My brother's girlfriend had her baby via c-section Wednesday at 36 weeks. He was 8 lb 8 oz, a little chunk:) Makes me even more excited now, both my siblings have their babies so it's just me left waiting on mine!

Attachments

• P7130434.jpg
    P7130434.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow he was huge considering he was 4wks early!

I know! I told her I couldn't even imagine how big he would have gotten! Eesh! They ended up taking him early because her blood pressure went really high and she's diabetic. But they seem to be doing well. I went to see him today, and his little cheeks are soooo fat! Lol.

jd - I'm with you on being done! If I were a bit more prepared I would say that this baby could come now! I still haven't packed my bag or sorted out the car seat or anything yet so he can stay put for a bit longer!

The good news is that I had my last day at work yesterday!! Woo hoo! Maternity leave...here I come! I'm so relieved - I was really beginning to struggle especially as I'm so swollen! So...I now have plenty of time to get ready. Today I'm going to catch up with the laundry and put the seat in the car and then tomorrow I'm going to make sure I have everything for my bag. I started trying to pack it yesterday but couldn't complete it as things either needed washing or I hadn't got them yet. So tomorrow is shopping to get the bits I'm missing!

Lisette - how's the tooth? I hope it is better :hugs:

Just a quick update...

Cole is doing well. He is still in the NICU. They finally took him off his feeding tube and now they are weening him off the oxygen. Hopefully he will go home in the next week. Momma is soooo tired of being here. I am working on week 5 in the hospital. I refuse to leave while he is still here so they gave me a "mommy room" as long as they don't fill up.

Just a quick update...

Cole is doing well. He is still in the NICU. They finally took him off his feeding tube and now they are weening him off the oxygen. Hopefully he will go home in the next week. Momma is soooo tired of being here. I am working on week 5 in the hospital. I refuse to leave while he is still here so they gave me a "mommy room" as long as they don't fill up.

Glad to hear he's doing well:) I am sure you are ready to be home! That's a long time to be stuck at the hospital, but worth it to make sure that your little one is as healthy as can be:)

Thanks for the update bizzy! Cant wait to hear that you both get to go home! That news will be wonderful!

This thread has been pretty slow lately...but I am sure it is about to pick up as we are halfway through July already! :)

Just got back from my nearly 35 wk appt. I was soooo hoping they would check my cervix, but nope...gotta wait two more weeks. I am so bummed. lol. Who would have ever thought that I would be bummed to not have someone all up in that area? lol! But on the bright side, the midwives office that I got to is in the hospital I work at, and they just totally hooked me up with a huge bag of formula! Woot woot! The nurse told me to come by whenever and get formula, they have tons:) So awesome:) I am planning to breastfeed, but will probably combi-feed once back at work, so this is great!

We are getting so close ladies! Where I live (Northern Alberta, Canada) we only get to see our OBGYN a few times before we deliver. I will be seeing mine tomorrow for the 2nd and last time before the big induction! Anyway he will do an internal; I am very curious to know if things are progressing. My hips are killing me (separating feeling) I feel like baby is sitting in my pubic area already. Is anyone else experience this feeling?

31 days left until due date.... i'm so excited and ready to meet my little girl!! i hope ur all doing well. xxx

Sorry I have been missing in action recently ladies... I have good reason. Joshua William decided to make an early arrival at 35+5 on Monday morning. Very shocked but slowly adjusting and getting used to each other!

My waters went at 8.45 on Sunday evening whilst I was lying on the sofa and just ten seconds before OH got in from work. By 8.46am on Monday morning, a very impatient little boy was born. He had to have some help with forceps as he was facing sideways and because of that I couldn't push him down. Still he got here in the end and we are so in awe of him. He weighed 6lb (or 2.74kg) which is not bad from a premature little mite!

This week has been amazing but also a massive roller coaster of emotion, which when mixed with tiredness can be difficult. My friend who recently had a baby warned me of the hormones that you get when your milk comes in - I'm so glad she did as I spent a day in a complete mess. Ladies, when you get there - remember that is is normal to cry at stupid little things or even at nothing (my Mum kept saying things like "you should keep an eye on how you are feeling and speak to the dr if it gets any worse" - which made me wonder whether it was normal or not) and that it doesn't last long! Just expect it though!

Anyway, I hope all you ladies are holding up and that you are not getting too uncomfortable? How are you all feeling? Are your bags packed now (I hope so - mine wasn't!)? I hope you are all well x

Wow congrats Struth! Another early one for our group! Glad that everyone is doing well:)

Aw congrats Ruth! Lovely name as well! Hope you are taking advantage of any help you get offered coz it soon dries up haha! Enjoy your beautiful boy xxx

Congrats Ruth! So excited to hear you and lil guy seem to be doing well! Keep it up!

Hi MrsMoo, thanks for dropping by! Hope you are doing well!

Congrats Ruth! So excited to hear you and lil guy seem to be doing well! Keep it up!

Hi MrsMoo, thanks for dropping by! Hope you are doing well!

I'm ok thanks hun. Had appt at recurrent mc clinic on fri so got a few tests in progress and a bit of a plan so feel a bit happier. Just eager to start ttc again! Can't believe you guys are all having your babies - how fast has that gone?!
So happy for you all and hope to be joining you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->