• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PAL, due in 6/2012

Ugh, my two MMCs after my stillborn were like that...going in for a repeat and finding no heartbeat. Tomorrow morning at 8am EST is my repeat scan. I don't think I could be more terrified. Really hoping that I can come back here tomorrow with happy news and be more supportive to all of you. I'm so consumed with fear right now, I've had my head in the sand all week...

DH has had a couple of dreams where I've had the baby. I'm going to take his dreams and say that we get a healthy happy alive one!

Welcome, AEM! Congratulations and I hope you have a happy and heathy pregnancy ahead of you!

Tisiphonie -- I understand being scared to go into the repeat scan, I will be praying that you get good news and you can put that fear behind you a little. (I know it won't be gone until later, but we can let it get smaller and smaller each time we pass a milestone!) :hugs:

welcome AEM and congrats on your pregnancy xx

Tisiphonie - good luck for your scan hope it goes well xx

Im off to tell my parents the news today wasn't going to tell anyone until after my 12 week scan but im starting to show already so im just going to tell them now wish me luck :thumbup:

Kaboom, good luck telling your parents! I am sure they'll be so excited!

Yay. Had another ultrasound today and everything looked fine. Dr said he would see me again in a month. Still very nervous, but trying to relax. Lol!

HI! I am new to this thread, and after reading everyones stories, I feel so much better. I felt like I was alone, but I can see that is not true. I am expecting June 15, 2012 after two chemical pregnancies, one natural miscarriage at 9 weeks and one blighted ovum at 12 weeks, followed by a DNC, all in the past two years since my DS was born.
When I got my BFP, I was sure it would be a chemical like before, since I am a POAS addict and did not see the tests getting darker. To my suprize, about a week later, they got darker.:happydance: I have been in for betas.

10/17 227
10/20 747
10/22 1110

My OB told me to come in on 11/4 for a new OB appt, and said the doubling times are all appropriate. My HCGs seem low to me, but I am SO hopefull!!! This is the first time they have been doubling normally. I have a tilited uterus that makes it difficult to see a little bean....but I can't wait to go in. I started bleeding last Weds, very scarry!!! But hubby and I had sex :blush:(sorry for the TMI) when it happened and my OB told me not to worry just yet. (Impossible, but I am trying.)

Thank you all for sharing your stories. Super sticky baby dust to everyone!!!!!!

That's great lizbif!

beeahappy1, glad that you've joined us!

My first scan is on Monday, 10/31...and so why does it seem like time is going so s-l-o-w! Wish I could :sleep: and wake up to Monday!

Can i join you ladies please?

Congratulations everyone, wishing us all a h&h 9 months!x

A bit of background, i have a healthy 6 year old daughter who i adore. My Son, Evan, was born 20th May this year by emcs after a complete placental abruption, he was very poorly and spent a week in NICU before passing away peacefully in my arms 27th May.

I'm now 5 weeks pregnant, just 5 months after my emcs and i'm terrified if i'm honest. I'm taking 75mg Aspirin on consultants orders but other than that its unlikely he'll give me any extra monitoring without a fight, they could find no reason for the abruption and because of that do not consider me high risk. In one respect i'm glad they're not panicking about it happening again as they say it won't, but in another i want to be monitored more, it may be unlikely to happen again but it stole my child's life, i think i deserve extra care.

Obviously i'll be fighting them on it.

Just praying really hard for a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful rainbow i can bring home. xxx

lizbif - HOORAY! Congrats mama! Nothing like a great repeat scan to cheer everyone up!

beeahappy1 - Welcome and congrats!

kelzyboo - Welcome and congrats to you. I know the fear of being pregnant after a late term loss. I lost my son at 26 weeks due to an umbilical cord stricture, and they tell me also that it's unlikely to happen again. I'm also on low dose aspirin but I'm also on Lovenox shots this time. I think you deserve extra care too, and I hope you can fight to get it.

I had my repeat scan today and the little dragon's heartbeat went from 140 last week to 175 today!! And not only that, but baby measured 6+4 last week and 7+6 one week later! I figure I'm either 8+1 or 7+6 depending, so baby is now measuring spot on. I've been crying all day in relief! One hurdle down. It's a long way until 26 weeks, but wow did this feel good! :wohoo:

Thankyou Tisiphonie, i'm glad your scan went well xx

I see your in the US, we don't get early scans over here, not even for reassurance after a loss, i'll be getting a private one done in a few weeks if i'm still here x

lizbif -- Congratulations on another good ultrasound today! Sounds like things are going really well with this pregnancy!

Beeahappy1 -- Thanks for joining us, and congratulations on your pregnancy! I am glad your betas have been normal this time, this is the stage where I have gotten hung up in the past, and it's a relief to get past that. Now onto the next milestones and we'll keep encouraging each other and sharing good news. I have heard of lots of ladies who have some spotting after sex. It's not what we want to see, especially after experiencing loss, but it happens to a lot of people. I know ladies who just held off with the sex until their doctor told them it was OK, and unless you have issues with your cervix, usually it is just fine.

lilmama -- I'll keep my fingers crossed for your scan on the 31st. Mine is on the 1st and I don't know how I'm going to keep myself from going crazy with the anticipation between now and then. It's easier on the weekends because we're pretty busy with activities, but during the week it's hard because I have to try to concentrate on work. I feel completely useless.

kelzyboo -- Welcome and congratulations! I am so sorry about the loss of your son. :hugs:

I hope you are successful in getting closer monitoring of this pregnancy. I know that my BFF had an issue with her placenta with her 2nd son and had to be on bed rest for a few months, so this is definitely something they should be checking and if they see any problems, they can help you get the rest you need to prevent a bigger problem. I hope and pray you are growing a sweet rainbow baby to bring home!

Tisiphonie -- Awesome news about the heartbeat and measurements! I'm so happy for you! 26 weeks is a long wait! With my kids, I had scans at 12 weeks and then at 20 weeks. If you start to get crazy during the wait, let us know and we'll distract you! :)

Whoops, forgot to update on myself. I've been feeling sick since Sunday and it's getting a little worse, so I'm thankful for that -- it's good to feel like I'm pregnant and know that the hormones are making me feel sick. For some crazy reason, we have told A LOT of people about the pregnancy this time, so I'm hoping that we don't have to go back and tell people bad news later. But it feels much better this time around. Counting down the days until the 1st. Then I will know how many little eggies we caught and if they can find a heartbeat (or more).

Hi can I join you?:flower:

I've had 2 losses, one at 23 weeks (June '10) and at 8 weeks (Feb '11). I'm also lucky enough to have a healthy 11 year old girl. I'm (nervously) pregnant again, my due date is 27th June.

I'm hoping that since 1st trimester coincides with the run-up to Christmas, then it will go quickly! I don't see the midwife until 24th November. All this anxious waiting is enough to drive you mad :wacko:

Hi there ladies, I'm back again, sorry to not have been in touch - wow you've all been busy... will try and touch base with you all in a bit :)

We went to the doctor's yesterday to tell them. Booking Appointment is next Friday and scan has been requested by the doctors. Wow, so its all moving on. Not sure how to approach work about the appointments, I think the booking one will be just a "doctors appointment" and then I'll come clean with my Line Manager about the scan. I'm a teacher and have just started at this school in September so not too sure how the Head is going to take it (I think he'll be over the moon for me as we've known each other for years and knows my history with baby girl) but I don't want to go through the whole process for nothing if it doesnt all work out! Gosh, I'm sure it shouldnt be this emotionally frustrating! argh!

I mean, I'm 7 weeks today... its still early days. But I'm now more aware that miscarriages do happen, although my first time was a late one at 18 weeks (so all I got was 4 months of nausea, sickness, tiredness, illness and nothing else). I'm really sorry for asking this though ladies but if you had an early miscarriage (up to 12 weeks) then did you still have full on symptoms until the bad day happened? It just all seems so unfair.

On a funny note though, hubby had a conversation with me talking in my sleep and I said "Mmmmmm, special boys singing!".... could be a sign I'm having twins! Believe me it feels like it sometimes! And the day we found out I was pregnant I was at a Mass with school (its Catholic) and the gospel was taken from Luke when the Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and said do not fear etc...... Praying thats a good sign too.

Keep holding on ladies.

xxx

Whoops, forgot to update on myself. I've been feeling sick since Sunday and it's getting a little worse, so I'm thankful for that -- it's good to feel like I'm pregnant and know that the hormones are making me feel sick. For some crazy reason, we have told A LOT of people about the pregnancy this time, so I'm hoping that we don't have to go back and tell people bad news later. But it feels much better this time around. Counting down the days until the 1st. Then I will know how many little eggies we caught and if they can find a heartbeat (or more).

Feeling the same way LittleBird. We've told a few more people than first planned - not as many as last time. I'm not sure if we're going to be as open about it as we were last time - I mean I told everyone who would listen last time! haha. This time our little one belongs to us and only a few people supporting an praying for us through this anxious time. Trust me, the prayers go such a long way.

Are there twins in your family then? My husbands uncles are... we're hoping ours will be too....

xxx

Hi can I join you?:flower:

I've had 2 losses, one at 23 weeks (June '10) and at 8 weeks (Feb '11). I'm also lucky enough to have a healthy 11 year old girl. I'm (nervously) pregnant again, my due date is 27th June.

I'm hoping that since 1st trimester coincides with the run-up to Christmas, then it will go quickly! I don't see the midwife until 24th November. All this anxious waiting is enough to drive you mad :wacko:

Hi there Louise. We get to see the midwife at 8 weeks next Friday. We're hoping that it will go really quickly with the run up to Christmas..... as a musician there are loads of concerts and carol singing to do so busy busy..... I will try to get as many naps in as I can too though.... very tiring business as the moment xxx

I'm really sorry for asking this though ladies but if you had an early miscarriage (up to 12 weeks) then did you still have full on symptoms until the bad day happened? It just all seems so unfair.

xxx
I think it depends on the kind of miscarriage you have. I had a missed miscarriage in that I still felt very pregnant when I went in for my scan at 9w4d, but they found no heartbeat or movement at all (the technician even checked to see whether there and the baby measured at 9w3d. It kinda sucked because I still felt very pregnant (and the dr said that hormone levels are almost at their peak then), but had to go in for a D&C a couple days later.

Kelzyboo- I was pregnant just 8 months after losing Hannah at 6 weeks old. It was an amazing, healing and difficult pregnancy. I had an OB that understood my needs and was willing to give my pregnancy the extra TLC and attention needed. Fight them on it!!!! You deserve the extra monitoring. Hugs and best wishes.

Hi, Louise! Congratulations and welcome!

I completely understand what you're saying about the lead-up to the holidays. This is my favorite time of the year, we have a trip planned home to visit my family, and I will be playing piano for my son's preschool Christmas program. I have a lot of stuff to keep me occupied and happy between now and then. And if everything goes as planned, we'll have a nice, relaxed time over the holidays, knowing we've made it past the first trimester!

ericacaca -- I work from home and have a very flexible schedule, so doctor's appointments haven't been a problem. If there is a conflict, I just let them know and that way they aren't worried about me if they're trying to get in touch with me. Although I have told the two people I work with most.

My first miscarriage, I did have symptoms, but they weren't as much as I have now. The second one, I had some symptoms for a short amount of time but they faded early on. I think with early miscarriages, sometimes if you're not feeling as sick, it's a sign that the pregnancy isn't as strong as it should be. That's not the case with all women, but the ones that have miscarriages and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy often talk about how there is a difference between the way the two feel. Your miscarriage was in the second trimester, when you're supposed to start feeling better -- so you had to endure all the changes of the first trimester and the hormones.

Keep looking for signs that give you hope. I do the same thing!

There are no twins in my family, as far as I know. We were getting fertility treatment due to the recurring miscarriages. It's funny, a lot of people ask about it, and DH doesn't want to tell people that I was going to the FS, but we don't have a family history of twins, and I'm a terrible liar, so I just tell people when they ask. Maybe he feels like it makes him seem like less of a man, but I really feel like the problem was mine -- my hormones were out of whack -- so it shouldn't reflect on him. But you know that people are going to want to know and someone is going to get two different stories, one from me and one from him! :haha:

Thankyou Bee i plan too, if they refuse i'll transfer to the hospital i was at with Evan, he was transferred and in their neonatal unit and see if they'll treat me any better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"