PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

Hey everyone. Anyone having any labor symptoms that look promising? Everyone keeps saying that I will get a burst pf energy and start scrubbing the walls right before labor. All I feel is run down and angry. I thought I would be less tired on maternity leave?! Little girl keeps grinding her head into my pelvis and it HURTS! i can't walk right or cross my legs since my hips have spread out to make room for her this last week. Feels like I have pulled every muscle in my groin. No contractions or anything though. 39 weeks tomorrow and I can't see that there are any signs she may be here soon. Just feeling a little cruddy today! I just want her to be here so I can see she is ok! Anyone else getting more agitated rather than relaxed? How are you spending the time until the baby gets here? I need a new hobby lol.

i'm sorry things are getting rough for you! you're quite a bit ahead of me, but i'm also feeling quite sore all over down there... here's to time passing quickly between now and the time baby's ready to come. :flower:

Aww Barbie :hugs: sorry to hear you are struggling. Hope baby girl arrives soon and puts you out of your misery...

I have been having early labour symptoms for 5 days now, but not progressing at all (as far as I know, I havent been to see anybody about it).
I lost my mucus plug on Thursday. Have been having backache and period pains ever since. Lost my bloody show yesterday morning, and lots of pink mucus throughout the day. And get painful Braxton Hicks whenever I walk anywhere....

Still no baby though :(

How is everyone else holding up?
xx

Lots of contractions/BH and cramps they are getting much stronger and last night I really did think I might end up going into labour but nothing. No bloody show, no loss of mucus plug or any other sign really. I have my midwife appointment this afternoon not that they are going to tell me much. I am going to see if due to my SPD they would consider doing a sweep as the pain is getting too much and being 4ft 9" the baby have well and truly run out of room. Baby has dropped but feet are still in my ribs. I doubt they will do a sweep this week but I have nothing to lose by asking I guess.

Something is definitely happening with me. My CM changed at the weekend to a yellow/mustardy colour and the intensity of my BHs ramped up. On both Sunday night and Monday night I was woken with period like cramps in my lower abdomen running down to my knees. Yesterday evening my CM changed to pinky brown and this morning when I wiped it was light pink watery CM.

I'm only 34w1d but fortunately have an appointment with my obstetrician this afternoon so will mention it then. My DS was born at 38w2d and this one is going to be induced at 38w anyway due to my GD and heart problems. Whilst I'd rather not be induced I'd much rather baby make his appearance on or after 37w!

Maybe I'm just going to have a slow dilation and effacement that takes 3 weeks!!

Might just pack my hospital bag before my appointment today just in case!

Pip x

shell, wow - i hope things kick into gear soon for you!

hippy, same with you - i just read last night that shorter women average shorter gestations, so I hope that holds true for you and things really pick up for you soon.

pip, hope all goes well and wriggle bum either calms down or is ready to come a wee bit early.

afm, i'm term today, which is a scary feeling - i'm excited, but still quite worried about another loss - i guess i thought the worry might go away by this point, but i was wrong - i am a bit more at peace, though, then i've been in several weeks regarding this baby's chances of making it...

good luck to all the ladies who are getting close! i'm so excited for you! :yipee:

Hope everyone is well :flower:

I am delighted to announce the safe arrival of another PAL Fall baby- our gorgeous son Rudyard, who was born at home at 3.16am this morning, 10 days early and weighing 6lb 6oz, he is beautiful and we are all doing well and feeling very happy :D

Lots of labour dust to all those who need it right now :dust:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You just made my day!!!!!!

:dance:

Congratulations Rebaby!! :dance:
So glad that you got the home birth you wanted :)
Welcome baby Rudyard!!
xx

Happy 37 weeks Fides! Full term, woohoo!! :yipee:
xx

i just have to say, this thread is giving me so much hope - just seeing that another healthy baby was born this morning fills me with so much joy!! you women are amazing!

Fabulous news Rebaby! Well done you.

I understand your worries Fides. Even though I know there is more chance of everything being alright than not I still worry. I don't think i will ever stop (certainly haven't with my son and he's almost 15 years old now!).

Pip x

Congrats Rebaby! Welcome Rudyard!!

Fides, :hugs: I know what it's like to worry so much.

Congrats Rebaby! That is so great. Slowly but surely all the babies are getting here safe. So glad for you! The name is amazing too. That makes me feel much less grumpy than I was last night.

Thanks everyone else for sharing your symptoms. Seems like a slooooooow process for everyone. Nice to know we are all in the same boat.

Fides, I am still worried too! I would have hoped I would be less worried by now but it really doesn't ever go away. Time to see their little faces and make sure they are ok ;)

I'm hoping the full moon might have an effect on getting my little girl here. I have heard that more babies are born during a full moon. Silly? Oh most likely. I can be delusional if I want. One week from today is the due date tho!

Congrats Rebaby:happydance: I can't wait for more healthy baby updates:D

My body seems to be gearing up for labor as well. Sunday I started getting really bad lower back paing and "menstrual" cramps along with stomach tightenings that lasted a couple hours even after I tried resting and taking a bath but they started to slowly fade and then they were gone. Monday I woke up with big globs of gooey discharge that continued on and off. My MW checked my cervix yesterday and said that I have not dialated but my cervix is soft and thining. She also said all the discharge was my plug:thumbup: Today I just feel like I am on day 2 of my period- really crampy and lots of lower back pain. I'm excited that things are starting to happen but I have no idea if I have days or weeks:shrug:

Good luck ladies:thumbup: It won't be long until we are all holding our healthy babies!

congrats rebaby, i am soo hoping i am there soon have had contraction on and off coming and going since friday afternoon and when there not there i feel like curling up in a ball with period pains

Oh that is great news Rebaby :) I am glad you got your homebirth and all went well. Welcome to the world Rudyard.

As for shorter people have shorter gestation I hope this holds true.

Congrats Rebaby! WTG little Rudyard. LOVE the name. :happydance:

Looking forward to hearing all the other baby's are safely here. Love to all of you. :hug:

MA, i LOVE your new avatar!!! TOO cute!!!

had my m/w appt today, and baby hasn't dropped - i am relieved b/c i don't want this baby here before it is ready - i really just want to hold a healthy baby. Things are getting quite uncomfortable, but it will be so worth it if this one's okay!

hope everyone's doing okay today!

well I had a false labour last night and now it has all stopped. I can but hope this is a good sign and things will happen soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->