PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

I'll probably be waiting the longest :haha:. I think I'm the least far along of any active posters on this thread.

But as it says in my pregnancy book, no pregnancy has gone on forever. ;)

I'll probably be waiting the longest :haha:. I think I'm the least far along of any active posters on this thread.

But as it says in my pregnancy book, no pregnancy has gone on forever. ;)

...And it will be SO worth your wait dear friend!:hugs::thumbup::flower:

Sorry for the lack of an update. Just got back from the hospital! My water broke at 6am on Thursday morning. I was admitted to the hospital and at 11:32pm our full moon assisted baby was born :cloud9:. 7lbs. 9oz. Luna Elise. Labor was a snap and they let me come home round 5pm today. Everything gets easier once baby is born. Don't let anyone scare you with delivery stories or baby gripes. This is hands down amazing sleep or no sleep. Good luck whoever has the next rainbow baby and all of you hang in there! It will happen in a flash! :yipee:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Love the name, too - doesn't that mean light or something?

BEAUTIFUL birth story, rebaby!

Thank you so much! It means Moon:flower:. Although, not very far off! We picked the name before we knew she would be born so close to the full moon. kinda funny now :blush:

Thanks to everyone for the congrats! :hugs:

Just checking in on everyone. How is everyone? Still hanging in there? Can't wait to hear the next birth announcement. :happydance:

oh, of course! i mentioned it to my DH, and he was like, it means moon, silly. :dohh: that's so cool about the full moon coincidence to top it off! :happydance:

Allie, you never know - yours might come early and another's might be late. i think i'll be one of those late ones... :)

Thanks so much for sharing your birth story, Rebaby.
It was an amazing read!
xx

Still waiting. Got to go to hospital today as the midwife I do not like has booked me to see the consultant as she still feels I am too small for a homebirth. She is the only one who has said anything and I am sure the consultant won;t have an issue and if they do i want to know what they are basing it on. I do not plan to give my homebirth up based on opinion and not fact. My grandmother was only 4ft 5" and gave birth to 4 children naturally over 60 years ago. Really rather hacked off at having to waste my time on this appointment as they can't make me go to hospital they can only advise me what they THINK is best. I only live 7 minutes away from the hospital anyway and so even if there was a problem I do not have far to go.

wow - i didn't know they could use height as a factor for denying a homebirth - that's crazy! hope things go well today so that you can get the birth you want and deserve - how can they tell if you're too small before your pelvic bones and such actually move a bit during labor? Just curious how that works... Anyway, good luck today!

afm, I'm 38 weeks!!! :yipee: 1 week of term gone; only 4 remaining!! :yipee: Exciting to thing that odds are i'll be hopefully holding a healthy baby within the next four weeks...

The consultant said they would have to air on the side of caution and recommend I come to hospital and use the birthing unit in case there is a problem. However, admitted there is no evidence it will be an issue. I have decided to ignore their advice as having done the research if my pelvis is too small then all it does is delay labour. Baby just won't move through. In fact research suggests that hospital could use a drip to try and progress labour causing more problems as it increases contractions when my body would naturally stop them. It apparently isn't an emergency situation and I would just need to go to hospital which is less then 10 minutes away at this stage if appears baby won't fit you get booked in for a C section.

The consultant said had this midwife not questioned it then she would not have had to give me this answer, practically admitting she just has to cover her back in case there is a problem. She was only small and had two normal vaginal births herself, but now my notes say home birth not recommended. So annoying.

wow - that's really interesting. i hope everything goes well with your home birth, regardless of that note...

Thanks Fides, just wish my body would start the process now, this waiting is getting rather annoying.

Hey ladies :hi:

I am delighted to announce the birth of my rainbow baby!

Freya Bo was born on 19/10/11 at 7.48pm, weighing 7lb 10.5oz.

Will update you with the birth story and pics later...

Good luck to all the other mums-to-be

xx

Congratulations Shelleney! Beautiful name and great weight.

Pip x

xx

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO happy for you, and can't wait to hear about it!

You just made my day!

This thread rocks. It was one year ago tonight we began miscarrying (lost the baby the next morning), so i woke up feeling like :cry: but with another live birth in here, now i'm feeling more like :happydance:

Great news Shelleney. Can't wait for the update :)

I today got told by the midwife I don't like that if the babies shoulders get stuck then there would be no time to get to hospital and this would be fatal and again I shouldn't have my homebirth. So now she has planted the seed in my head that by going ahead with my homebirth I could kill my baby she has effectively ruined it.

I spoke to my hypnobirthing coach who is also a doula and was a midwife. She said I present no higher risk of this than anyone else but obviously someone has said this directly to me and so it will be difficult for me to relax now.

I have decided that I will let the midwives comes out to my home and when I get to 8/9cm dilated I will then ask to go to hospital as I just know there is NO way after what she said to me I will be able to risk this happening. I know I am being silly as the risk of this happening is so low but she has been so against me having a homebirth (even though every other midwife has been fine) but planting the seed in my head has totally made me freak out which I don't need this close to birth. :(

I am feeling really low now after so looking forward to the birth I no longer am at all and only hope I can get my head back into a good space before I go into labour.

oh, hippy, i'm so sorry. i know it won't help if she's the one on call when you go into labor - you'll be quite tense if she shows up at your house, but at the same time, it should be YOUR decision on where/how you want to birth. :hugs: are you guys able to request a particular midwife to come or not come? i mean, if you knew that one of the other midwives would come until 8/9 cm, then maybe you'd be more comfortable laboring then? :hugs: i do hope that you are able to come to peace with things before going into labor.

Oh Fides. Sorry to hear its a year since you began miscarrying. Im sure that your angel is looking down on you and your rainbow baby now, and taking care of you both. Thinking of you today :hugs:

Aww hippy. sorry to hear about your issues with the homebirth. Wherever you end up having your baby, as long they arrive safely, thats all that matters :hugs:

xx

xx

Congratulations! :happydance: Looking forward to hearing all about it :D

Great news Shelleney. Can't wait for the update :)

I today got told by the midwife I don't like that if the babies shoulders get stuck then there would be no time to get to hospital and this would be fatal and again I shouldn't have my homebirth. So now she has planted the seed in my head that by going ahead with my homebirth I could kill my baby she has effectively ruined it.

I spoke to my hypnobirthing coach who is also a doula and was a midwife. She said I present no higher risk of this than anyone else but obviously someone has said this directly to me and so it will be difficult for me to relax now.

I have decided that I will let the midwives comes out to my home and when I get to 8/9cm dilated I will then ask to go to hospital as I just know there is NO way after what she said to me I will be able to risk this happening. I know I am being silly as the risk of this happening is so low but she has been so against me having a homebirth (even though every other midwife has been fine) but planting the seed in my head has totally made me freak out which I don't need this close to birth. :(

I am feeling really low now after so looking forward to the birth I no longer am at all and only hope I can get my head back into a good space before I go into labour.

I'm so sorry this mw is giving you such a hard time and being so negative towards you and your birth plans right at the last minute :hugs:

Shoulder dystocia is rare and there are things the midwives would be able to do at home to help baby come out if he/she did get stuck so i don't know why she is trying to scare you this way :nope:

Have you read Ina May Gaskin's guide to childbirth at all? That really helped me stay positive during any 'blips'/moments of doubt i had :thumbup:

I second Rebaby. Is your risk of shoulder dystocia due to GD? What's baby's size? What does your OB say?

Pip x

I do not have GD, baby is not big and no concerns over babies size. It is all because she thinks I am too small at 4ft 9". My grandmother was 4ft 5" and had four natural births. I explained we have no family history at all.
It is just that she keeps going on about it and is like a dog with a bone, I almost feel now that if I ignore her it will happen.

I haven't read Ina May Gaskin's book, but I have done my hypnobirthing classes, CD and read the book, and I also have a fear of childbirth CD. Until today I have managed to ignore everything she said and it hasn't worried me at all. But being told about causing death of your baby just was one comment too far, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->