PAL Fall 2011 ***26 Healthy Babies***

Hi everyone--I hope there's room for another (the more the merrier!). I am due Oct. 9. I had a scan last week at 7 weeks and got to see the heartbeat, which was reassuring. Last scan at mc, everything was already gone. And glitterqueen, I think you're right; my doctor said mc chances go down to 5% after a detectable heartbeat. I'm now waiting for the NT scan to be clear.

So tired today. I also kept getting kids at work poking me in the boobs yesterday or when giving me cuddles squeezing them to hard, at one point I yelped in pain. I am sure my staff are starting to guess.

I couldve written this post myself!
The kids in my class keep poking my boobs and I keep yelping :haha:
Where do you work?
xx

I am the deputy manager of a nursery in South Manchester.

welcome, jct! congrats on the heartbeat - that is wonderful!!

well, ladies, I just got my 48-hr HcG results in: Monday was 956 and yesterday was 1915! Praise the Lord!! I know it's still very early on, but I'm still so happy. It's just really nice b/c last time around, there really was no early monitoring, so it is nice to know that so far everything is okay. Still praying we make it through the pregnancy, but at least I know that as of yesterday, our baby is doing just fine. The next check on the baby will be an early internal scan on March 15, so now I just have that to look forward to.

Great news on the scans n blood results ladies. Welcome to the new ladies. Jcg I also had a scan at 7 weeks n saw a heartbeat, it's so amazing isn't it! I'm still worrying though ;-( only saw mw last night so no idea when my dating scan will be,, she said it could be nearer to 14 weeks though. Aargh I can't wait that long!!! Ok rant over lol x

Congratulations on all the fantastic scan and hcg level results. I am so pleased that things are going well for so many people! Its so sad seeing the losses on the other threads. I have my early scan tomorrow and am very nervous!! Dont think i will sleep much tonight even though i am shattered. Fingers crossed for a heatbeat x

Great news on scans and hcg numbers, my dr won't do bloods unless my urine test came back BFN but even with diluted urine it is BFP so I said screw my regular dr and went and scheduled my appt with an OBGYN, I go next tues. I am so excited to get the ball rolling.

blue, i do hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!!

srm, i am glad you will get to see your ob/gyn next week. i feel better just having had blood levels taken b/c already it's more than i did for my last pregnancy, so "get the ball rolling" sounds about right to me. good luck!

jcg & aquarius, i am so nervous about my 1st scan - were you scared going in? Was it internal? How long did it take for them to scan you? With my m/c, after the bleeding started i had an internal scan, and it seemed like it took forever, and the tech wasn't talking - all she said was, "are you seeing the doctor after this, then?". Anyway, i am so nervous, so if you ladies can share positives (other than seeing the heartbeat - i can hardly imagine how wonderful that would be) to help put me at ease, it would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats to all the ladies who have had great scans and hcg levels so far:thumbup:

MrsWells do you mind adding me as well? My LMP was 2.2.11:thumbup:

I am still having a little brown spotting on and off but it has definitely slowed down. I had betas done on Monday-120 and then again today-303 so they have more than doubled in 48 hours:happydance: I have my 1st ultrasound scheduled for 3/11/11 when I will be about 5w2d.

Hey Hoping.
Just want to give up a little advice about your scan. i had my scan on weds, and they measured me at 5w2d, the same as you will be at your scan. they didnt see a baby or a heartbeat, hust a gestational sac and a yolk sac. but they said that was normal (but i was expecting to see a baby).
so i just wanted to warn you so that you wouldnt be worried or disappointed at your scan :hugs:
good luck xx

Thanks for the advice shelleney! I will be happy to at least see a sac and yolk sac. I believe a heart beat and fetal pole is usually visable after the 6th week. When will you have your next scan?

Hi just got back from scan they couldnt find a heartbeat and i have to go back in 10 days. I am devistated!!! This is pretty much how it started last year, then i had 4 weeks of waiting untill i miscarried naturally.

blue, i do hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!!

srm, i am glad you will get to see your ob/gyn next week. i feel better just having had blood levels taken b/c already it's more than i did for my last pregnancy, so "get the ball rolling" sounds about right to me. good luck!

jcg & aquarius, i am so nervous about my 1st scan - were you scared going in? Was it internal? How long did it take for them to scan you? With my m/c, after the bleeding started i had an internal scan, and it seemed like it took forever, and the tech wasn't talking - all she said was, "are you seeing the doctor after this, then?". Anyway, i am so nervous, so if you ladies can share positives (other than seeing the heartbeat - i can hardly imagine how wonderful that would be) to help put me at ease, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi hun, i was petrified going in! She said to me I will have a look for a couple of mins and then let you know what I find... anyway she didnt say anything and kept looking and I was just thinking 'she cant find anything' ! She then turned and showed me the screen and said theres your baby!! I cried I was that relieved ! It was external but I was 7 weeks, I can see by your post you will be 6 weeks. Just to warn you I have read many experiences of scans on here at 6 weeks were no heartbeat was seen...just because it was too early. This was the major reason I wanted to wait till 7 weeks. So do not be dis-hearted or worried if you dont see much, heres hoping you do though! x

Thanks for the advice shelleney! I will be happy to at least see a sac and yolk sac. I believe a heart beat and fetal pole is usually visable after the 6th week. When will you have your next scan?

A heartbeat and fetal pole sometimes cant be seen at 6 weeks either...babies all grow at different rates. Good luck for your scan xx

Hi just got back from scan they couldnt find a heartbeat and i have to go back in 10 days. I am devistated!!! This is pretty much how it started last year, then i had 4 weeks of waiting untill i miscarried naturally.

How far along are you hun? Pls see my post replying to fides...if under 7 weeks then it sometimes is too early to see a heartbeat. I think all scans before 7 weeks should be banned for this reason!! It causes unneccessary worry x

How far along are you hun? Pls see my post replying to fides...if under 7 weeks then it sometimes is too early to see a heartbeat. I think all scans before 7 weeks should be banned for this reason!! It causes unneccessary worry x

Agreed! When you are under 7 it is so hard to catch a heart beat. They did mine internally and even then i could barely see it! The tech made me hold my breath and they sent a scanner wave thing over it and they detected the heart rate. Scared me to death but the tech was confident! It is so unfair when they won't show you anything and they make you wait. Don't lose hope yet!!!

Hello Ladies,

This made me laugh. Have a look. It is pretty awesome!
https://www.lets-panic.com/pregnancy/

oh, blue - i do hope everything is okay. :hugs:

aquarius, thanks so much for the info about early scans. i guess i just have to trust everything is okay, at this point, and see how it goes. worrying about a scan for the next, what, nine days won't help anyone.

barbie, i am loving that site - hillarious!

Bluejoyx I feel your pain, this is what happened to me last time too. Go and demand they do your HGC levels. I refused to wait ten days, they will test you twice and see if the levels go up, stay level or go down, you will know then what is happening. I hope it is good news.

Thank you for all your advice a good wishes. I am 6 weeks 2 days today, i am going to try to stay positive but it is really hard!

Hippylittle J they did the serial HCG levels last time and they doubled, so i think i am just going to wait. It was such a rollercoater with my first miscariage, basically started bleeding at 7 weeks, they scanned me and told me there was no chance but would do serial hcg levels. They rang me and told me they had doulbled and had another scan at 8 weeks, they found a hearbeat and told me everything looked good. 2 days later I was bleeding heavily (christmas day) and as i had open access to the gyne ward rang them, they told me to go in and scanned me, told me they couldnt find heart beat but told scanner wasnt as sensitive as in the epau, so not to give up hope. A week later i was bleeding so heavily had to go back and passed the pregnancy in the tolielts while waiting to be seen. Today i had to go back into these same toilets to give a urine sample, i couldnt help think it was a sign. Since then i have had a further 2 pregnancys but havnt got this far since the first one last January.

I am still feeling really tired, moody, emotional, sickly, and very very sorry for myself.

I hope you are all well and have better luck than me on your upcomming scans and see what you need to. x

Hey guys,

I ran across this as a fun idea to relieve the stress. I saw a site where they were talking about going on a baby moon. Like you take a quick trip to a small vacation spot just you and the hubby. As a kind of last little bit of time together. A lot of ladies like to do this before baby arrives around their second or third trimester. I thought it would be fun to go now though! We are going to take a quick trip to Seattle in a month to blow off some steam, get out of town, and just enjoy being together. Instead of all this fear and anxiety! Hopefully I am not sick the whole time lol.

Thank you for all your advice a good wishes. I am 6 weeks 2 days today, i am going to try to stay positive but it is really hard!

Hippylittle J they did the serial HCG levels last time and they doubled, so i think i am just going to wait. It was such a rollercoater with my first miscariage, basically started bleeding at 7 weeks, they scanned me and told me there was no chance but would do serial hcg levels. They rang me and told me they had doulbled and had another scan at 8 weeks, they found a hearbeat and told me everything looked good. 2 days later I was bleeding heavily (christmas day) and as i had open access to the gyne ward rang them, they told me to go in and scanned me, told me they couldnt find heart beat but told scanner wasnt as sensitive as in the epau, so not to give up hope. A week later i was bleeding so heavily had to go back and passed the pregnancy in the tolielts while waiting to be seen. Today i had to go back into these same toilets to give a urine sample, i couldnt help think it was a sign. Since then i have had a further 2 pregnancys but havnt got this far since the first one last January.

I am still feeling really tired, moody, emotional, sickly, and very very sorry for myself.

I hope you are all well and have better luck than me on your upcomming scans and see what you need to. x

That is very traumatic! I cannot believe they were unable to warn you sooner. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Keep holding on. My best wishes are with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->