PAL - July 2012 babies

Oh...and one more thing... I HAVE A SCAN TODAY! Nervous, but so excited. I hope I see that heart just beating away!

Good luck today Presh!

Ya my nauseau has been weird this pregnancy. It comes and goes. I get it for a few days, then it goes away for a few day. Last week I thought it was gone completely then this week it came back with a vengance!

With my DD I didn't have a day of MS! My other two later losses, I was sick everyday till 10 weeks. I really don't think there's a pattern, just take the good days when they come.

Thanks ladies! Today has.been the worst yet. I haven't been able to keep anything down and even threw up at work. Kinda awkward lol but I'll still take it! Just kinda hoping it will start to get better soon so I can eat for my lo.

Ugh. Not sure what to think right now. Measured at 6w2d and saw the heartbeat but the machine wasn't good enough to get a reading. The doc said it looked like it was at 90 which is really low :(. But it did grow appropriately in the last two weeks. I might call and talk to my midwife to see if they can send me to an ultrasound clinic where they have better equipment...

Ugh. Not sure what to think right now. Measured at 6w2d and saw the heartbeat but the machine wasn't good enough to get a reading. The doc said it looked like it was at 90 which is really low :(. But it did grow appropriately in the last two weeks. I might call and talk to my midwife to see if they can send me to an ultrasound clinic where they have better equipment...

Ah Presh, sorry you didn't get some better news. If the equipment wasn't very good, I wouldn't invest too much in their estimates. I would see if you can get a scan at a better place. Growth is great too and if you are only 6w2d, then the heart just started beating. The HR will pick up in the coming weeks.

There's no way I'm 6w2d... I should be 8w tomorrow. I know when i ovulated and we haven't had sex since the day after that.... :(

I lost my MIL suddenly on Sunday and on Mon i had a small amount of bleeding which i think must have been due to the stress. I had a EPU scan yesterday and got to see my 11+5 baby jumping around!

https://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/mlyn26/2011-12-14150125.jpg

So happy!

Presh my story tells you how some machines are better than others, also the fetus measurement is from conception (ie ovulation) and your pregnancy measurement ie the gestational sac is from lmp approximately.

Hope this helps.

Me I have a massive tooth infection on antibiotic and strong painkillers hope it does no harm to bubs, absolutely crapping myself but in so much pain I haven't slept for 2 days and am quite literally crying with the pain. And to top it off I keep getting this really sharp stabbing pain right where the fibroid probably is so I am either conjuring it up or it is connected. Generally having a shitty day

Presh - sorry your scan has raised more questions than it answered. It's good that there is a HB and the baby has grown though. Hopefully you will be able to get a better scan soon, so you can know one way or another. :hugs:

Mlyn - sorry for your loss, it sounds like you have had a stressful few days. Good news that baby is doing so well though.

Miss C - ouch! Hopefully the pain will easy soon and I'm sure you will not have been given any painkillers that will hurt the baby. I'm sure everything will be great.

AFM, scan on Monday and I'll be 11+4. I'm getting really paranoid that it's going to be bad news and am worried as my MS seems to be easing this week. I know that it's normal for it to start to ease at the end of the 1st trimester, but it doesn't help. My first MMC was at 11+6 and baby had gone at approx 8+5 so I'm worried that the same thing has happened. Just want this one to be OK as not sure I can go through again for the third time!

Presh, if his machine sucked, then maybe his measurements weren't accurate either. Definitely push for another scan!

I've decided to not go for another scan. It's too stressful for me right now. I'm hoping for the best, but obviously things aren't looking good. And of course I'm imagining the worst.. So I'm just trying to deal with it all. At least when/if the cramping/bleeding starts, I'll be somewhat prepared for it...

Sorry you are going through this Presh, i imagine it must be such a scary time for you xx

so sorry presh that you have to go through this stress.

That's a good decision Presh, you're right, the scan just add so much stress. Maybe this baby just needs a relaxed mommy to let them grow.

warning ME post - sorry.

Since Thursday last week I have had the worst tooth ache, have an infection and doc has me on antibiotics and some panadeine forte. All I can feel is the toothache. I have zero other symptoms, my boobs don't hurt, I am not peeing as much, I don't feel nauseous and the afternoon heartburn has gone. I am tired cos I haven't slept for the pain of my tooth. I simply do NOT feel in the least bit pregnant. Could the antibiotics etc be masking any symptoms do you think. I am terrified of going for my scan on Thursday and things not being right this time. I am so scared my hands actually shake when I imagine being at the scan and my heart races.

I would say the medication could definitely be masking symptoms - also the pain from the tooth will be prominent and masking anything else anyway. Plus don't forget the placenta takes over around 9 weeks so many people's symptoms fade at that stage. x

I watched a really interesting program about pain last year which said that the brain can be easily distracted so you don't always feel pain or discomfort, or only will select what pain to feel. e.g. there were burns victims that were having dressings reapplied but they gave them a virtual reality game to play while it was being done and they hardly felt it! So it's really possible that your tooth ache is just plenty for your body to worry about so you're just not feeling the other things. Mlynn's right too about the placenta. Try not to worry and focus on getting over this horrible tooth infection :hugs:

I have a scan today so know how you feel. I hardly slept last night worrying about it.

Good luck with scans ladies! Mine is on Thursday and i am half looking forward to it half dreading hearing bad news but my symptoms have been horrific so that is reassuring me somewhat.

Miss c i think you being so focused on your toothache (and you do have my sympathy there :hugs:) is probably masking any pregnancy symptoms you have right now. I am sure your scan will go well though!

Oh boy, looks like another busy scan week. I've got my NT scan tomorrow morning. Nervous doesn't even describe it!!

Good luck to everyone getting scanned today. Can't wait to hear all the good news.

I have my NT scan on Thursday. Eek x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->