PAL - July 2012 babies

I had OB appointment this morning - have scheduled scan for next Friday as I am measuring 27 weeks and am 23 weeks tomorrow so she wants to rule ourt monster baby and see if it's the fibroids causing the extra measurements. Hopefully I am just big!!

Essential items for us were cot, monitor, snuggle bed (bubs went straight into cot, less transitions the better) movement monitor saved our sanity and meant we were able to sleep. If baby as much as takes a deep breath or yan you will hear it but its the not hearing anything you need to worry about hence the movement monitor, we had the angelcare with 2 pads one. a sling or wrap to carry bubs around in. for you plenty of nursing bras, night bras and sleep wear, hormones makes you sweat like a boxer and leaky boobs etc, some cloth breast pads for sure and some nipple balm, try and go for as natural as possible no petro chemicals etc if you know you will have a c section a baby bath on stand as you cannot bend over a normal bath for a while pain free or have enough support in your back to hold baby properly. Change tables are the biggest waste of money imo, we bought a chest of drawers with change table built into it and when finished being a change table you simply turn it upside down. If you need to go straight to bottle a steam steriliser as the tablets such as milton etc can give a newborn thrush, good freezer containers so you can cook up as storm in that final few weeks and freeze meals or get a good delivery service lined up to ensure you are eating well and not worrying about it. That about sums up the "essentials" I think. We also do cloth nappies so making sure you have enough to last 2 days is good

Ladies, I just had to come on and share the cutest diaper bag ever! I am SO in love with this thing. The material, the size, the fact it is not nearly as bulky as the normal ones.. oh my gosh. AND... when I am done using it for babies I can even use it for a laptop bag because of the cushion and water repellent material! :happydance:

It retails for $80 but I got it for $40!!! I am IN LOVE!!!! :flower:

Attachments

• photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3
That's a cute bag BD!

Ladyfog, if you want to pm me your email address I'll send you a list of baby stuff that I used when buying for DD, and I've edited for a few friends since. :)

A pregnant girl at work just found out her girl is actually a boy - at 32 weeks! She just took all the tags off the girl clothes and washed them. eek!

Oh no Lauren!! That is crazy!! So far I've had a gender scan at week 16, then another scan at week 20.. both said girl. I will get one more scan at week 28 to check the location of my placenta and you better believe I am going to get a third guess/look! It's my worst fear! Not because I care if it's a boy or girl, but all the stuff we buy and can't return!

I know what a pain that would be! if you're doing a 3D scan in 3rd tri, there's no messing that up...but sometimes the u/s techs have a hard time. Definitely confirm in 3rd tri before you buy up some pink or blue!

We've bought SOME pink clothes but not a lot, and they still have the tags. Nothing is being washed until I get the third confirmation. ;)

WHO'S VIABLE?!!! woot!!! xoxox

Happy viability day to you girls!

Me me me!!!!!!!!!!! Happy v-day to me and anyone else sharing!!!!!

Congrats ladies on reaching your v days. Its a great feeling, now roll on july :) Think we have all been waiting for so long to get to hold our baby's. Im so excited for all of us. Hope everyone is feeling as good as i am.:cloud9:

Hi ladies!!

I haven't checked in on here in a while and thought I would see how you all are doing! It looks like everyone is doing really well!

This is probably a silly question but what is "v-day"?

Things have been going well for us - we had a bit of a scare with the choroid plexus cysts on our little ones brain and even though the doctor told us to not worry about it only about 1000x I couldn't help it! They can be indicative of Trisomy 18 but they showed me all the other indicators that need to be present to worry about it and he was perfect in every single other way possible! So, I had another scan last friday and they're officially gone!! So excited! The doctor told us that we probably never would have even seen them if I wasn't getting scanned every two weeks and that they're just a variation of normal. So *phew!*

Our little one is still measuring ahead by almost a week and has a nice strong heartbeat and is still a little boy :) My SIL did a 3D scan on us and he is most definitely a boy :) He weighed 1lb 2ounces at the last scan. We've started buying things and I even registered this past weekend with DH and my SIL - thank goodness for my SIL being there! That store was so overwhelming to me as a first time mom!

Are any of you considering cloth diapers?? They've come a long way and I've registered for some just to see if we would like it but I was curious if any of you use them. I'm a bit of a hippie at heart and would love to be able to reduce some waste if possible. I've read they're a lot better in preventing diaper rash and can really save you money.

I've been feeling the little one move around a lot but unfortunately I have an anterior placenta and he seems to quiet down when I get home and settle onto the couch or into bed with DH and so he's had a hard time feeling anything :( He seems most active right in the middle of the day and I'll wake up in the middle of the night and he'll be having a little dance party. I'm sure he'll be big enough soon for DH to feel/see on my belly.

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and with every week that passes I can't believe I've made it this far and am really starting to relax a bit. My belly has grown a lot! I'm really short and I think it just has no where to go haha as my in-laws keep telling me - I'm all belly! I've gained about 18-20lbs so far - so I'm a bit ahead of the recommended amount but I'm thinking that's normal for the first baby.

I will be cloth diapering!!! I've found the best and most affordable cloth pocket diapers ever from www.justsimplybaby.com. My friend uses them and LOVES them. Never any leaks or problems. I did the math and for about 30 diapers (washing roughly every 3 days) it will cost a little over $300. As opposed to about $3000 on disposable diapers over time!!! And they are SOOOOOOOO cute. She has some adorable designs. And if you order on Fridays it is Freebie Friday and you get a free diaper with every order! This company is local in my state and we actually visited their home and bought some diapers. Very nice people. :) So, yes.. I totally support cloth diapering 100%. You save SO much money, they are cute, better for baby, and the environment.

Oh and V-Day means your baby is considered viable and if born at that time the doctor will do everything they can to save it. Each week that goes by after V-Day survivability also goes way up. :D

Thanks breakingdawn!!! I'm going to check out the website right now! I registered for charlie banana brand as they have disposable inserts that could be used by my dad and my mother-in-law when they start watching him as my daycare system. I'm happy to wash inserts, but I think they're going to be resistant to that! Maybe not my MIL but definitely my dad haha.

and thanks for the V-day info! When is V-day? 25 weeks??

V-Day is week 24 I believe. :) I understand about disposable inserts. I am not looking forward to the washing but it will save us money!

V day for me too AND I get to see Ziggy later to why I am measuring 3 weeks ahead!! I am sure it's just the doc being over cautious and she didn't measure it quite properly or something. I am overweight so it would make it harder to feel the top of the uterus no? I am sure I measured ahead last time too.

Blood sugars are still looking good so the GD is not yet kicking in which is good, I almost have hope it won't lol but know it will. Would be about the time you all start getting tested no? 24-26 weeks is the average I think?

We run with cloth here too - so glad we made that choice as the more I find out about disposables the more the seriously scare me! Best thing about it I really looked after all my nappies so we don't have to spend a single penny on this baby. We used a mixture of Baby Beehinds and Itti Bitti. I have bought a couple of new ones for this bubs, gorgeous newborn ones with Just hatched embroidery on the bum one with a yellow duckling and one with a baby turtle coming out of their shells - so cute.

That's awesome news Liz!! what a relief!

You guys are troopers going with the cloth diapers. I'd do it here if there was a service that came out our way, but as far as I know they only make trips in the city.

How's everyone's bumps coming along? Here's my 25 week!

Attachments

• 25 weeks.jpg
    25 weeks.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh my goodness Lauren you're tiny!!

I attached a photo of me from last weekend. I swear I grow by the day and I'm sure I'm much bigger than that already!

We are doing cloth but we'll be washing them ourselves - we'll see how it goes! not sure we'll stick to it but I'd really like to try.

I woke up this morning with UTI symptoms and a bit of a pink tinge to my urine so I'm headed into the doc for an emergency appt. I think I've flushed it out with massive amounts of water this morning but I'm sure an infection that close to the baby can't be good plus it's a friday and if this comes back full force later I will so regret not seeing my doctor!

Hope everyone is having a great friday! :)

Attachments

• 21wks4dayslow.jpg
    21wks4dayslow.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 5
Sorry I called you Liz...I meant LINS!!! you look awesome!! I saw that pic on FB and thought you looked fab :)

Definitely good choice getting that looked at right away. No harm done if they nip it in the bud!

My bump is not really tiny! Here it is last week....

Attachments

• photo (18).jpg
    photo (18).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
We're using gDiapers. They have the cloth insert and disposable insert options and when you do the math the disposable inserts will cost us the same as a disposable diaper and when we use cloth we will basically have those diapers for free (just the cost of laundry every few days) and that includes the cost of setting up for each size and having enough inserts to go several days between washing. Seems silly not too considering I do wash frequently anyhow. I have a friend with two little ones in diapers and she swears by them. They seem user friendly and we can accompany our daycare provider and other babysitters by providing disposable inserts. Plus, with your second child (we plan on having more) the system is almost completely free because you already have it all.

Any US ladies found a convertable crib they are buying? We're having a hard time finding one we really like- and one that has a matching changer and dresser to match.

Glad to see everyone is doing well! Crazy to think only 16-17 more weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->